Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

If he was reaching his 30's then maybe, but a young talent, rated highly, one poor season wouldn't damage it too much as he's got plenty ahead to redeem himself.

The point was about Monaco doing quick turnarounds with players to make a quick and healthy profit.

Again, why would they risk that?

Nothing to do with his age or redeeming himself.

Today's update: No update.

When do Monaco get back for their preseason training? Might help move it along if Jardim has to awkwardly avoid YT in training.

Edited by brucey

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just pay the money, i’ll donate Col’s kidneys to charity if you get it done!

Perhaps doing it before hand might help things along?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Babylon said:

They literally release the accounts every season, anyone who bothers to look, along with keeping unto date with upcoming TV and prize money increase etc, frankly is going to have a far more educated opinion on what's going on down there and what might go on down there, than those that don't. 

Not all opinions are equal. 

Opinions are just opinions educated or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Monaco must be pissing themselves. Buy a player, he flops, sell him on and make a huge profit with no doubt a sell on clause.

I was thinking about this earlier, his reputation certainly makes him one of the best young players in Europe regardless of his difficult time at Monaco. The £40m figure was never going to be paid last January because any club would baulk at such a price for a player that is deemed unwanted by a club in trouble, but his performances over those 13 PL games for us matched entirely his true ability and worth and he is every bit as good as has been said about him.

He's the complete central midfielder that's just turned 22 and we have somehow got the chance to sign him. The loan deal gave us a chance to bond with him and the players and fans adore him, he seems to love it here and it's one of those situations where it just has to happen. Breaking our transfer record is worthy of happening for Youri, I can't think of another player we realistically could get who we would break it for.

I'm still mystified why Jardim doesn't want him and how the French league seemingly hasn't suited him. Perhaps he would prosper there in a different era but no point even musing over that, fcuk em. They don't deserve him, certainly not after tucking us up on Ghezzal for £12.5m. 

On 27/06/2019 at 13:52, Ric Flair said:

This isn't being underestimated at all, but the amount of money King Power have as an enterprise and their worth doesn't mean they can pump in as much money as they see fit, they haven't done that for years and since FFP has been much more of a requirement. The only thing they could do is chuff up all the money for the new training ground, something that doesn't appear to be happening, but could in the longer term. There's still precious little evidence that we'll spend big this summer without cashing in on a player or two, history shows this and the numbers don't compute.

.... I was under the impression that we were borrowing against future revenue in order to pay for the training facilities, (from last seasons campaign) and the financing of the ground development to financed by the retention of our Premiership status, to be paid to us next year. 

A budget would be in place to finance new signings this summer, if the figure of £150m from the FA is correct and the budget for the training facilities is £100m then I would expect we should have a budget nearer to £100m to spend. 

18 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Cant see a link to this on here yet (no doubt people will tell me where it's been posted before)

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-hoping-breakthrough-youri-3034242

Not sure how reliable but sounds like maybe some progress next week...

Basically they've taken what Kristoff Terreur has said and made an article on it. The original tweet has been quoted on the previous page but not this mercury article.

He's usually bang on with his info on Belgian players so it's fairly likely to be true and we'll see some action next week.

• Like 1