Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They literally release the accounts every season, anyone who bothers to look, along with keeping unto date with upcoming TV and prize money increase etc, frankly is going to have a far more educated opinion on what's going on down there and what might go on down there, than those that don't. 

Not all opinions are equal. 

All opinions are equal - but some opinions are more equal than others :) 

• Like 1

Just to stir the anxiety pot some more, LCFC posted a Instagram of players training for pre-season, and they posted  picture of Silva and stating in the comments, 'see you soon' oh dear......

11 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Just to stir the anxiety pot some more, LCFC posted a Instagram of players training for pre-season, and they posted  picture of Silva and stating in the comments, 'see you soon' oh dear......

The players report in on 1st July, so unless this complex swap deal gets done in the next 2 days (it isn’t going to) we’ll definitely be seeing him soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Mate having worked in footy social media in the summer, you have to scrape together whatever content you can find! I’m surprised we haven’t posted a picture of all our ex players in Dubai yet lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Mate having worked in footy social media in the summer, you have to scrape together whatever content you can find! I’m surprised we haven’t posted a picture of all our ex players in Dubai yet lol 

Haha, there's been a bit shared of Danny Simpson. He looks like he's working really hard at the moment to get his fitness up - really hope he gets a decent club come in for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

I’d take slight issue with the claim that KP are “investing” in the training ground. 

Happy to be corrected but I believe KP are underwriting the loan to pay for the ground, but it’s the club itself that will be paying it back. 

(Apologies in advance if I’ve misunderstood what you meant though). 

Other than that, I entirely agree. 

I meant more from the point of view that if it comes to it things like this don't fall within FFP so it can be covered outside those guidelines. We couldn't for example go and spend that 120 million on a player without having generated that money upfront.

But I also understand what you are saying. Ultimately the loan will be paid back from club coffers but KP could if they had wanted have invested that money from their own funds had they wished.

19 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Monaco rumoured to be in talks with joao Mario, wonder if that will affect us offloading Silva or play alongside him. 

They want shot of Fabregas, they are in the market for 2 CM's. Joao Mario is more a Tielemans type player than Silva anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Does anyone have any insight into why this deal hasnt been done?

You know whats its like ...    we've all been there ...   you keep picking up a pen and just can't find one with any bloody ink in ...     so frustrating ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Does anyone have any insight into why this deal hasnt been done?

YT is or has been on holiday. 

In the meantime, lcfc are attempting to come to terms with Monaco and are basically still haggling over the price. 

I think a reasonably fair assumption is that Monaco are holding out to see if either another club makes an official bid to instigate a bidding war or if we panic and up our offered price in anticipation of them doing so. 

Both parties know there's no immediate rush while YT is on holiday because he's stated he wants to go away and enjoy his summer break before getting back to consider his future which is a fair request. 

Realistically, United are the most likely competition and until Pogba's future is settled they aren't likely to make a move, meaning we've got some time to work things out. 

Given that most credible news sources seem determined we're actively negotiating, it does look like we're willing to buy without selling first but that we don't want to go a great deal over 40/45.

Edit: just to add to this, he is 100% definitely surplus to requirements at Monaco, has a poor relationship with their current manager and it is Monaco's current business model to buy and sell young players for considerable profit. They will often turn a player around in a year to eighteen months or even less. They bought Tielemans for about twenty and are currently looking at about doubling their money. 

There is no question he won't be sold, he definitely will and if we turn out to be the only club seriously, seriously interested then actually we gain more power in the transfer the longer the window goes on as they'll start to panic that they might not actually get as much from us as they hoped. They actively wish to sell him and I imagine we know that. 

So, I wouldn't really be panicking right now. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

YT is or has been on holiday. 

In the meantime, lcfc are attempting to come to terms with Monaco and are basically still haggling over the price. 

I think a reasonably fair assumption is that Monaco are holding out to see if either another club makes an official bid to instigate a bidding war or if we panic and up our offered price in anticipation of them doing so. 

Both parties know there's no immediate rush while YT is on holiday because he's stated he wants to go away and enjoy his summer break before getting back to consider his future which is a fair request. 

Realistically, United are the most likely competition and until Pogba's future is settled they aren't likely to make a move, meaning we've got some time to work things out. 

Given that most credible news sources seem determined we're actively negotiating, it does look like we're willing to buy without selling first but that we don't want to go a great deal over 40/45.

Edit: just to add to this, he is 100% definitely surplus to requirements at Monaco, has a poor relationship with their current manager and it is Monaco's current business model to buy and sell young players for considerable profit. They will often turn a player around in a year to eighteen months or even less. They bought Tielemans for about twenty and are currently looking at about doubling their money. 

There is no question he won't be sold, he definitely will and if we turn out to be the only club seriously, seriously interested then actually we gain more power in the transfer the longer the window goes on as they'll start to panic that they might not actually get as much from us as they hoped. They actively wish to sell him and I imagine we know that. 

So, I wouldn't really be panicking right now. 

Pretty much spot on, but I dont think they will panick. I imagine they would be able to loan him out again to another club, which will in turn, maintain or even increase his value if he performs strongly. How much longer does he have on his contract at Monaco?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Pretty much spot on, but I dont think they will panick. I imagine they would be able to loan him out again to another club, which will in turn, maintain or even increase his value if he performs strongly. How much longer does he have on his contract at Monaco?

Also, don’t forget that the longer the window goes on, other clubs will start to panic (buy) and Youri is not that expensive for a rich club desperate for reinforcements.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Also, don’t forget that the longer the window goes on, other clubs will start to panic (buy) and Youri is not that expensive for a rich club desperate for reinforcements.

But he wants to play, so rich clubs wanting a squad player wont appeal to him! :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

But he wants to play, so rich clubs wanting a squad player wont appeal to him! :thumbup:

Will be honest, was thinking about Man Utd if Pogba goes. He would start before McTominay for sure, Matic is done and Fred is, well Fred.

4 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Mentioned above that they like to buy and sell quick if they can make a profit.

Why would they risk loaning him out again, a poor season or an injury and they won't be doubling their money.

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Mentioned above that they like to buy and sell quick if they can make a profit.

Why would they risk loaning him out again, a poor season or an injury and they won't be doubling their money.

If he was reaching his 30's then maybe, but a young talent, rated highly, one poor season wouldn't damage it too much as he's got plenty ahead to redeem himself.