Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

If we don’t get Tielemans I hope we refuse to sell Silva to Monaco. 

It would be peak Leicester to let them have him on the cheap even though we don’t get YT

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Well so far its:

Leicester

Spurs

Man utd

Man city

Have all been rumoured to be interested. We hardly look like the best option on that list unfortunately...

If his agent has his clients interest at heart, out of the names above, he should be pushing for him to come here.

He’s already adored by the fans, will play every week more or less if fit, or go to Man City like mahrez, hardly ever play, career nose dive, and to be fair could see him getting a little more game time at the others, but not that much more.

If I was him, I would do what mahrez, kante, maguire and others have done, come here, make your name, and then get your move to the big boys.

We are never going to compete if a player wants to go to the top 4, 5 if you count arsenal, but the scenario I am talking about benefits both parties, well financially, but as drinkwater and mahrez have found out, possibly not career wise

5 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

If his agent has his clients interest at heart, out of the names above, he should be pushing for him to come here.

He’s already adored by the fans, will play every week more or less if fit, or go to Man City like mahrez, hardly ever play, career nose dive, and to be fair could see him getting a little more game time at the others, but not that much more.

If I was him, I would do what mahrez, kante, maguire and others have done, come here, make your name, and then get your move to the big boys.

We are never going to compete if a player wants to go to the top 4, 5 if you count arsenal, but the scenario I am talking about benefits both parties, well financially, but as drinkwater and mahrez have found out, possibly not career wise

Part of the issue seems to be that by coming here, he's already shown enough to make a move to the 'big boys'

So what do we know about our negotiating approach on transfers ....... going back to ulloa where we did the deal in 500k increments until we pretty much paid what they originally asked for, we seem to be quite mean spirited...... we paid too much for both silva and slimani but they were both late in the window deals. 

Kelechi chose us ahead of West Ham (probably to do with wilf being here ) and we struggled to get that deal done because of Man City’s buy back clause 

can’t recall too many other buys where we paid what the other side wanted, especially early in the window ...

so if the word that YT wants to return is correct, the delay will be because we are trying to drive a hard bargain...... if (and no one has a clue here), YT is not considering going anywhere else, then we can take our time over it because in the end, Monaco want to sell and if the player only has one destination he will go to.  The problem with that is time has a habit of throwing in a curve ball ....... would be best to pay a few mill more to get it over the line early on but not a few mill more than he is worth. (I’m guessing that we’re are trying to get a deal done at 30m). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Part of the issue seems to be that by coming here, he's already shown enough to make a move to the 'big boys'

He’s looked good, but have they seen enough he could do it consistently over the season, and is he better than what they already have at this stage.

I’m sure we have as we have seen him in training, but between Monaco and his agent, it’s clear they are trying to set up a bidding war, which I don’t think the big boys will pay more than 50 mill, but I think Monaco know that, and they know we want him and will probably pay it

47 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

If, and it's a pretty big if, he signs - it will be the best piece of business we're likely to do for some time.

Unfortunately, I'm pessimistic about our chances.

I was confident that Tielemans was going to sign, but I'm not so sure now, I believe he will go to the likes of man City possibly spurs, I hope I'm wrong and signs for the foxes, we paid 30 mill for Slimani, an extra 10 to, 15 Mill for Tielemans is a snap 

The longer this rumbles on, the less likely it is we’ll sign Yuri. 

If we miss out, we will need a player of his “ilk” to come in though.

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

Take off the blue tinted specs and if he’s got any sense he’d go to spurs 

• Haha 1

Doubt that wages will be a big issue and there's a good amount of quality in the team around him overall, so what really needs to be negotiated?

He can't really ask for much more really.

The club gave him an opportunity to play away from a relegation-battling side, continuous support to test himself in arguably one of the best leagues in the world and he has done his reputation good at a young age as a result of this.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Doubt that wages will be a big issue and a there's a good amount of quality in the team around him overall, so what really needs to be negotiated?

He can't really ask for much more really.

The club gave him an opportunity to play away from a relegation-battling side, continuous support to test himself in arguably one of the best leagues in the world and he has done his reputation good at a young age from a result of this.

Apart from everything ??  

And you do realise that that we didn’t ‘discover’ him?  there were some questions being asked re his application at league level (which he has dealt with via this loan) .......   nothing else 

monaco would not get 40m for him without this loan spell ............ thus far, they have played this v well but if Youri’s agent  has his head screwed on, it’s now time for YT to take control .........

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

I'm fairly confident that a deal has already been done, one way or another. 

Great if he's coming to Leicester but very confident the club knows already and will have something planned. 

Not ITK

This:

Top coughed up £9 million, that is £9 million to get in BR for the last dozen or so games of the season when out of both cups safe from relegation and only an outside bet for a top & finish. Think some need to remember where we have come from and have a little bit of faith in the owners and the club. The club will do everything it can to complete the deal, we can all think of reasons to come and reasons not to but to think the club will not be going all out to get the right deal done is a little disrespectful to them. The Owners have never really been into fuelling transfer gossip and have always kept their cards close to their chest. A football gossip columnists dream the club will admit or deny pretty much everything. If we bought every single player we are linked with or deep in talks with we will be bringing in around 40 players. Same as Pep if he bought in every player he chatted to after the game in an over friendly manner he would be bringing in around 100 players which in fairness to Oilchester City they probably could. People go on about FFP a deal could be in place only time will tell.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apart from everything ??  

And you do realise that that we didn’t ‘discover’ him?  there were some questions being asked re his application at league level (which he has dealt with via this loan) .......   nothing else 

monaco would not get 40m for him without this loan spell ............ thus far, they have played this v well but if Youri’s agent  has his head screwed on, it’s now time for YT to take control .........

I never mentioned this..

I understand that he made a big coup in getting him, even on-loan, to get his services; he's been linked with 'bigger' clubs in the past year but Monaco were reluctant to sell him permanently.

What else had he got to do, aside from obviously playing well overall (which he has done and won praise by many fans at the club) in order to convince doubters (like you it seems here) that he can make it in the Premier League?

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Take off the blue tinted specs and if he’s got any sense he’d go to spurs 

Not blue tinted mate imo, most Leicester players if given the chance to go to the big boys, they leave us, as we can’t offer them European football, titles etc.

If spurs keep Ericksen and Ali I cannot see him pushing them out every week, yes he would get games, but not regular enough at this stage of his career.

I think if I was him and it’s my opinion, I would come here as he’s clearly got something, hopefully he rips it up for a season or two, once proven he’d more likely command regular games with the big teams,  but as with mahrez, as long as he doesn’t aim to high, as mahrez is a class player, warming the bench in a sqaud of world class players.

He’s going to get a big wage and signing on fee no matter where he goes, all down to what he wants, I enjoyed watching him last season, and if he goes to one of the big boys, I’d wish him well.

5 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

If we can’t pay the fee, he won’t stay at Monaco. He doesn’t get on with the manager, I’m sure he’d rather be a rotated player elsewhere than not play at all for Monaco. 

He is under contract there, if no club meets the fee then he stays put.