Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If tielemans does choose another option who should we go for as an alternative?

for me, he is the perfect all round midfielder. Hard to find someone else who tackles, creates and scores.

Juan Mata?

Problem with Mata and Lallana is their age, compared with the profile of Tielemans. I know collectively across the team another experienced player might be useful but it does feel like we need a superstar. 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

How strange they want 60 million for a player they want rid off, ain’t happening.

How strange they want maximum money they can get for a player that performed outstandingly in the best league in the world.

We would do the same so would any club.

If Diabate went to la liga and outshined messi and Suarez etc we would want a extreme amount instead of 5 million its business 

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

How strange they want maximum money they can get for a player that performed outstandingly in the best league in the world.

We would do the same so would any club.

If Diabate went to la liga and outshined messi and Suarez etc we would want a extreme amount instead of 5 million its business 

You have to accept though when you show your hand, that you no longer want a player that their value no longer commands a premium unless there is a bidding war. I get the £40m, he is easily worth that and you'd probably have to agree to a sell on clause as well but £60m as a starting fee is not happening for any club, let alone ours.

They want him gone because he's supposedly flopped there, well that doesn't command triple the price they paid for him 2 years ago, however talented he appears to be. 

I think he could end up staying there.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

You have to accept though when you show your hand, that you no longer want a player that their value no longer commands a premium unless there is a bidding war. I get the £40m, he is easily worth that and you'd probably have to agree to a sell on clause as well but £60m as a starting fee is not happening for any club, let alone ours.

They want him gone because he's supposedly flopped there, well that doesn't command triple the price they paid for him 2 years ago, however talented he appears to be. 

Someone like Manchester City will buy him because they can afford it, so they can prevent the other Top 5 from getting stronger.

• Thanks 1

Funnily enough I actually think if Monaco have changed their stance on the price then it plays into our hands. It'll pretty much definitely rule out Spurs, and I'm not convinced Pep rates him highly enough to pay such a figure. Therefore I think it's just us and United in the frame, but again I'm not sure Tielemans is that high up on their list of priorities given the figure being suggested. That just leaves ourselves with any real interest, so we'd have to be completely incompetent to pay such a fee. Of course Monaco may well be aware that the only club showing any real interest is us and this is simply an attempt to counter us in negotiations so as to secure a fee closer to their original valuation of £40m.

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Someone like Manchester City will buy him because they can afford it, so they can prevent the other Top 5 from getting stronger.

I'm not so sure they will, they look to be spending big on a new CB, a long term Fernandinho replacement, possibly a David Silva replacement and Felix from Benfica.

Although they do spend serious money, they don't throw £60m at players as much as you'd think. Personally I think he is capable of replacing Silva but not so sure he would be their choice.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not ITK that is is 40m or 60m for definite just heard that's all.

But it's highly likely it may be 40m down payment and a extra 20m in add ons or it could a figure inbetween as just a payment outright.

But if man utd offered 40 then spurs offered 50 lol never happen then byern offered 55m it would make sense in a bidding war.

I honestly hope he is in a Leicester shirt next season without our pants being pulled down

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Well so far its:

Leicester

Spurs

Man utd

Man city

Have all been rumoured to be interested. We hardly look like the best option on that list unfortunately...

Have we ever had a fight like that before? 

It really shows how far we have come as a club. 

Then

Maguire

Chilli

Ndidi

Maddison

Have all been linked with top six clubs. 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Have we ever had a fight like that before? 

It really shows how far we have come as a club. 

Then

Maguire

Chilli

Ndidi

Maddison

Have all been linked with top six clubs. 

Nope. And I doubt we ever will. If those clubs really are interested then we don't have a prayer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If tielemans does choose another option who should we go for as an alternative?

for me, he is the perfect all round midfielder. Hard to find someone else who tackles, creates and scores.

It depends on what Rodgers wants to do. He may decide that finding a direct replacement is impossible and buy a player that makes things tick (like his old love of Joe Allen) then spend extra on wingers that consistently score. There will be loads of options around Europe, but agree that it's hard for them to match youri 

42 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

We need to go all out for him. The difference he makes to the team will be the difference between us breaking into the top 6. 

Even if someone else does think he's worth 60m, he's not worth 60m to us. As talented as he is,  I'd suggest it would take more than one player to get us into the top 6. For example, if Vardy was to get injured a couple of games into the season, Tielemans would become a little irrelevant because without scoring goals, you don't win games. Even if he doesn't get injured, the Premiership and 2 cup competions are a big ask. 60m would most likely represent all of our transfer budget. Our squad for success requires a little more overall strength in depth. Even allowing for 40m plus Silva, I don't see our owners wishing to effectively writing his 20m transfer fee off completely, first and foremost they're running a viable business, not just chasing supporters weekend pipe dreams. I see 40m or 30m plus Silva being an absolute maximum bid from us. The dream of top 6 is not worth such a rediculous valuation to the detriment of the club as a whole. I think his price will come down, as another poster has suggested, 60m is most likely a bluff starting point and unlikely to be a sum they realistically expect to receive. 

• Like 2

If it's true that Monaco are asking £60m now, I don't think anyone will buy him, not even Man City or United and they'll end up shooting themselves in the foot by keeping an unhappy player that doesn't get on with the manager, unloved by the fans and with no money to show for it, which would serve them right.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

If it's true that Monaco are asking £60m now, I don't think anyone will buy him, not even Man City or United and they'll end up shooting themselves in the foot by keeping an unhappy player that doesn't get on with the manager, unloved by the fans and with no money to show for it, which would serve them right.

Agree, nobody is paying £60m unless they are desperate (Man U could get desperate though). £60m is laughable for someone who has 1/3 of a good season and basically flopped there and they don't want him. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A bit of patience wouldn’t go amiss

monaco only found out 48 hours ago that they were playing Ligue 1 football next season 

they must now have a fair bit of business to sort out and Youri is only part of that

if we don’t seem to have moved on any further by early next week then maybe begin to analyse this in more depth 

in the meantime, chill !

The voice of calm and reason.

How boring!

We should panic and over react.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

In which case they'll just send him out on loan again. It's not like his value will depreciate, especially if he impresses again. As has been said before, £60m is just a starting position. It'll most probably get negotiated down. But Monaco can sense the desperation from Premier League clubs to either maintain or secure top 4 status. Why wouldn't they try it on? Wouldn't you?

• Like 1