Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Harry Wilson

I think he'd be a good acquisition on a permanent but not sure he's done enough to suggest he's worth in excess of £15 million yet - its a fairly big gamble at that money. 

Honestly not sure, I'd be interested to see and hear a bit more about him from those who've watched Derby this year and Hull last.

We really need speed, technical ability and goals.

He's got the technical. Was concerned about his size. Searched that and he's a couple lbs. lighter and an inch shorter then Maddison. So nothing.

Then Jarrod Bowen popped into my head. Shit. Can we have both? I have to take Bowen as I believe he's a bit more experienced at this time. 

Match ready. Still want Harry though. He's going to be special. I want both.

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Never rated him when he was Prime-minister - No 10 was not his best position.

Do you remember when our midfield read like a couple of Labour Prime Ministers;

Ramsay Macdonald Wilson

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

Do you remember when our midfield read like a couple of Labour Prime Ministers;

Ramsay Macdonald Wilson

When did we have Heath, May and thatcher at the back ???

Never together though ....: can we make a first eleven of ex pm’s ????

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think he'd be a good acquisition on a permanent but not sure he's done enough to suggest he's worth in excess of £15 million yet - its a fairly big gamble at that money. 

Honestly not sure, I'd be interested to see and hear a bit more about him from those who've watched Derby this year and Hull last.

If you look at his stats then easily comparable to Maddison. 

Prices have gone mad for Champs players.

If Bristol City can get 13m for a defender like Lloyd Kelly who wasn't even a regular starter for them, and bearing in mind attacking players will be more highly valued, then if you look at Wilson's numbers and age then this seems very fair. 

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Looks quite Maddison esq so having him coming from the right, Barnes from the left, Maddison back in the centre along with Tielemans we’ll have some ammunition for Vardy ?

Plan B for when Tielemans decides to go elsewhere?

Half the price, looks a real prospect.

Gerimin!

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps he's a possible replacement for Maddison?... (If a massive bid comes in for him.) 

Madders won’t be going anywhere apart from the U21 Euros & Marbella/Dubai this summer!

As for Wilson, a close friend of mine who’s unfortunate enough to be a Derby fan but can judge a player 100%, has been raving about him all season just like he did about Madders at Norwich hasn’t stopped banging on about him & how special he is!

Given his age & the fact he’d be another top England youth player on the books I’d take him all day long!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Madders won’t be going anywhere apart from the U21 Euros & Marbella/Dubai this summer!

As for Wilson, a close friend of mine who’s unfortunate enough to be a Derby fan but can judge a player 100%, has been raving about him all season just like he did about Madders at Norwich hasn’t stopped banging on about him & how special he is!

Given his age & the fact he’d be another top England youth player on the books I’d take him all day long!

He’s Welsh, but I agree with everything else :whistle:

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Adrian Heath wasn't much better.. 

(aka Ted). 

It's not funny if you have to explain it.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hes got similar stats to maddison's season in the championship and we paid £22m for him.

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Why? We paid that for madders. If he has one good season his resale value is triple....

Ah yes. Let's pay up £20+ million pounds for every Championship talent because it's worked once. He's clearly limited, watching Derby play he can be very poor sometimes. That's not to say we shouldn't buy him, he has potential, BUT not for £20+ million pounds. 

Got to say I'm a bit meh about this one. I wasn't with Maddison as I watched the videos of him and read the reviews from Norwich fans and thought he's got the ingredients to be a top player.

The question is, would Liverpool sell Maddison for £21mil if they'd loaned him out to Norwich and he'd had the season he had?

I highly doubt they would.

• Like 1