Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Potentially, you are right. I just think it's more of a gamble than some people on here are suggesting. 

Soyuncu is almost completely unproven. We have saw very little of him and Benkovic seems to have a fairly serious reoccurring injury. 

Last thing we need is for one of them to turn out to be a bomb scare and the other to become best friends with the physio, leaving us with Morgan who will do the job for us here and there but having him as a starter from now until January is quite daunting. 

Ideally Big Ben or Soyuncu or both hit the ground running and are excellent but are you willing to bet a European place on it? 

I think soyuncu can do it he is a fast center back but the benkovic injury does change things I'd definitely want the medical teams opinion on it before we do anything.

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

£90m to invest in other key areas of the squad. I don't see the problem. OK so you rate him as one of the best centre backs in the world, I don't. It's called a difference of opinion, you'll find loads of that on here

It wouldn’t be 90m

If fee is 90m, we would have to pay 16m to hull and probably a loyalty bonus of 5m to maguire 

so thats 70m to re invest 

there would be other costs ..... it’s never as good when you try and spend it as when you receive it cos it begins to shrink ...

Just now, st albans fox said:

It wouldn’t be 90m

If fee is 90m, we would have to pay 16m to hull and probably a loyalty bonus of 5m to maguire 

so thats 70m to re invest 

there would be other costs ..... it’s never as good when you try and spend it as when you receive it cos it begins to shrink ...

Oh of course I realise that. I just mean the figures quoted. Still some serious money

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think the point he and others were making is not "sell him yay".  No argument is so simple and unnuanced as that.  The following two sentences can both be true:

Maguire is our best defender and I would like him to stay.

If selling Maguire meant the team as a whole could improve it is worth thinking about.

I don't think anyone is really "delighted" about selling him it is just that for the amounts quoted they might think it would be beneficial for the team (in a similar fashion to Coutinho/Bale).  Now these people may be wrong, we may be better keeping him and not putting the money elsewhere but it is a topic up for debate and there are good arguments on either side.  I wish things weren't so polarised on here and online in general.  

I agree with you about it and there is a valid point on both sides, but unfortunately I think the fact is that some people on here would be truely delighted to sell him for that money. I find that strange. 

Edited by Viva
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Viva said:

I agree with you about it and there is a valid point in both sides, but unfortunately I think the fact is that some people on here would be truely delighted to sell him for that money. I find that strange. 

I find it strange that it triggers you so much

1 minute ago, Viva said:

I agree with you about it and there is a valid point on both sides, but unfortunately I think the fact is that some people on here would be truely delighted to sell him for that money. I find that strange. 

I think you are inferring delight in them rather than knowing for a fact, as you admitted yourself you like to come on here and disagree with people.  Anyhoo, let's see what happens.  I personally hope he stays but could stomach him leaving if the money was invested wisely.  X

11 minutes ago, Viva said:

I think the point is every player has a sellable value.

After the World Cup Harry hasn’t looked as good as he did in his first season.

He was often left exposed, and on the Amazon Man City Documentary named as a weak link due to his lack of pace.

If he can be sold as the most Expensive defender in the world then who could really complain?

We often looked tighter at the back in his absence which speaks volumes.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

I think the point is every player has a sellable value.

After the World Cup Harry hasn’t looked as good as he did in his first season.

He was often left exposed, and on the Amazon Man City Documentary named as a week link due to his lack of pace.

If he can be sold as the most Expensive defender in the world then who could really complain?

We often looked tighter at the back in his absence which speaks volumes.

Exactly this. Not a difficult concept to grasp

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

That's not what I meant - Soyuncu, Benkovic, Evans all came in last season, we don't need to replace Maguire

But we do - Benkovic has a very suspect injury record.

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think you are inferring delight in them rather than knowing for a fact, as you admitted yourself you like to come on here and disagree with people.  Anyhoo, let's see what happens.  I personally hope he stays but could stomach him leaving if the money was invested wisely.  X

Foxfanazer said he would be delighted and that’s the one I was replying to. 

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

That's not what I meant - Soyuncu, Benkovic, Evans all came in last season, we don't need to replace Maguire

We should have enough cover you would hope it wouldn't exactly be wise to sell your 'best' defender for 80m then go and spend 30m/40m of that on another defender

Loving this, no doubt he will go but if you pay £50m for Wan Bissaka I don't think you can have any complaints on other clubs demanding more.

We'll only encounter inflated costs for a CB if we choose to replace him.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But we do - Benkovic has a very suspect injury record.

Amartey and Morgan can also play Centreback though, obviously not at a fantastic level like Maguire but I think they'd be good enough, especially Amartey - doesn't he play very well for Ghana as a centreback?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

£70m, Jesus. If we can get more, great! I love Maguire but he isn't the greatest, and looked a bit off the mark at points last season.

I don't think Top's going to be pushed around - I wonder where he gets that from?

Apparently he's said privately £90m + for HM

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

I'm not sure he used the word delighted, I think you did that for him but I am annoying even myself now so let's not go on.  I have a history of this kind of pedantry and it usually ends with me getting a posting restriction and feeling sorry for myself for a few days whilst mournfully touching myself and crying.  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

I said I'd be delighted with the club receiving £90m yeah. For what it's worth I'd be happy for him to stay for reasons I've mentioned. If the club feel they can strengthen other areas without needing to sell HM and that he's a key part of their plans then perfect. My point is we'll never get this offer again (possibly next January) 

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

I'm not sure he used the word delighted, I think you did that for him but I am annoying even myself now so let's not go on.  I have a history of this kind of pedantry and it usually ends with me getting a posting restriction and feeling sorry for myself for a few days whilst mournfully touching myself and crying.  X

Maybe it's comment's like that that get you restricted lol

• Like 1

Can see him going now. Don't want him to leave but 90 gets him. If they pay 50 for a player who isn't an international and has only played one full season in the Premier league there's no chance Harry isn't worth 90.

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Can see him going now. Don't want him to leave but 90 gets him. If they pay 50 for a player who isn't an international and has only played one full season in the Premier league there's no chance Harry isn't worth 90.

They've dug themselves a massive hole with the fees they've offered 

• Like 2

Seems simple too me. Is Maguire worth £80+ m - nope, not in a million years, but thats the cost we want to cover ourselves for what his loss would/could mean.

Also Man Utd are stupid b*st*rds, they bought one season wonder AWB for 50m BEFORE they moved for Harry. :nono:

WT-Actual-F did they think we were going to ask for England's (probably) #1 Center Back.

Edited by Dahnsouff