Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they finally met the asking price days before the transfer deadline.

No deal in those circumstances, unless we somehow have a replacement lined up ready to go.

• Like 3

I think the club need to set a deadline on this now. It can’t be good for our own preps with Man U playing silly beggars in negotiations. They’re struggling to hit the fee so should just admit it, what in God’s name is there left to negotiate. 

If Harry’s agent wants the move he needs to get the offer in - a transfer request will do nothing except make him available for transfer but the price won’t change. United and Harry’s agent need to sit down in a room and agree a final price, make the bid and if it’s rejected, take a walk and find someone else in the price range.

no tears in Leicestershire if this doesn’t go through, the board are simply protecting our asset.

we have done our business properly and with integrity and we simply ask for the same in return.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Ha, I know a couple of ex forest fans from school who are now season ticket holders, not sure when they saw the light but I suspect it was before we won the league, but though I keep quiet I know they know I remember, it’s a dirty secret from there past that they don’t wish to see surface again. lol

However I would say we have always had a strong support in the county, even when we only had gates of 8/9000. We always did and still have a very large following that listen on the radio and follow us in the Mercury. The number of people that would talk City and call themselves fans despite never going down is huge it’s why we always have precedent on the radio and in the local paper because if we’re on it there are huge spikes in listeners or sales. The Mercury had to run an article a few years back explaining it to tigers fans who were put out that we dominated the back pages even when we were crap and they were good.

Teams around the country always had floating fans,the Midlands having quite a few clubs at various levels iinthe close vacinity compounds the situation...

In the 70s when I started my apprenticeship at Bentley's,the whole

Company at their 3 big sites had on the shop floor and in management had a mix of football fans and one man one club fans. Derby, Forest ,Leicester, mostly but also Posh,Mansfield,Walsall fans.It wasn't always about success but if any of the clubs played entertaining football in the individual fans stand point...Never understood it myself,but

I did go occasionally as a neutral to various grounds,just to watch a game or on the back of watching some exciting players. I was competing or playing myself over the weekend,so if an opportunity came and in the old days tickets were ready available.But I only ever supported/laughed/cheered/cried /felt pain in honour of Leicester city & the badge.For some a single manager

Brian Clough created that unique situation of the "Wild  mercenarie fan"

Floaters were since football time in immemorial..I suppose plastics as well.

The question is are they lesser fans because of it...

I have met in my travels fanatical Asian fans that know more about their chosen club,as some of the fans on here living in their hometown..Plus because of TV in the last 40 years,probably have seen their clubs more times live than local fans...and spend fanatical amounts of

Money on Merchandise again more than some locals..!! 

47 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Harrys reaction to United looking for cheaper alternatives 

herman_crying.jpg

Jesus..I am laying in hospital. with 2 nurses attending my bandages,I just shocked them ..doubling up, killing myself with laughter....

Brilliant..!!

Ps I shown them a photo of Harry and this one,they also broke out in laughter!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Jesus..I am laying in hospital. with 2 nurses attending my bandages,I just shocked them ..doubling up, killing myself with laughter....

Brilliant..!!

Ps I shown them a photo of Harry and this one,they also broke out in laughter!!

lol

Nothing serious I hope? 

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"Don't get the loyalty bonus stuff when he's moving to a club that will be paying him so well, seems a bit greedy." 

This poster sums it up well, welcome to top tier football. If Maguire put his loyalty bonus to paying off his contract, the fee would be reduced by a few million. 

Unfortunately the agent would lose out in all probabilities and there the problem lies.

Frankly it is all up to Man Utd and the agent. They both know the fee either they value him at that or they don't. The agent will be starting to panic a bit now as they see their chances of taking a huge cut possibly going down the drain.

We've said he can leave if the valuation is met. Man utd are absolutely loaded so can afford to pay with ease.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Unfortunately the agent would lose out in all probabilities and there the problem lies.

Frankly it is all up to Man Utd and the agent. They both know the fee either they value him at that or they don't. The agent will be starting to panic a bit now as they see their chances of taking a huge cut possibly going down the drain.

We've said he can leave if the valuation is met. Man utd are absolutely loaded so can afford to pay with ease.

It is all about face now, they suddenly pay up and they look weak but they also now realise we do not need nor want to sell so it smells of failure on their part if nothing happens, so they have to find a way of getting by this impasse, logical way out is to suddenly say they have found an alternative at a cheaper price who meets all their needs.

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If we did have to replace him Soyunco and Benkovic arguments aside, having just watched Newcastle play we should go for Lascelles - pretty dominant performance.

Definite preference over tark and dunk

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If we did have to replace him Soyunco and Benkovic arguments aside, having just watched Newcastle play we should go for Lascelles - pretty dominant performance.

What we need is a CB who either has currently or has the great prospect of being Captain material. Individual ability is great, but what we need is a backline Captain. We've done well in the past to transfer players in who have were Captains for their clubs or were internationally. I don't know enough of the cbs we've been linked with, and whether Benkovic has the needed attributes or prospects to grow into that role.

We need leaders across the field, and I hope that we don't lose sight of that need, and merely plug a gap with ability without leadership. Lascelles is Captain at Newcastle. Would he take that mantle after Wes here? Probably, but whoever we have or bring in, someone needs to step up/in for the long-term in that role.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeh I wouldn’t mind him tbh. I’d imagine he’d cost a hefty fee though. They really can’t afford to lose him.

2 minutes ago, The Mixer said:

Romelu Lukaku: Man Utd reject £54m Inter Milan bid - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49056823

Imagine holding out for a price. ???

And he can't even score.

They contradict themselves.

One minute we’re cvnts for holding out for as much money as possible, then they reject an offer for Lukaku because Inter haven’t matched their asking price.

You couldn’t make it up. Joke of a club.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, urban fox said:

Lol. The ironical thing is they just don’t get it all. We ain’t lowering the price cos we don’t want to sell. I really worry about the state of this countries education system if people can no longer understand the basics of supply and demand and simple maths

£80m+ done deal

< £80m **** off

either that or they are so up themselves they are like spoilt brat rich kids who just don’t understand that the days of them getting everything they want are dwindling fast.

Don't you bet on it. If or when & they shake off their own poor form.

Players will always see playing for

Manchester united as a target to aim for

and the pinnacle of their career...

And no cynical snipes from opposition

Fans will  end that players idea of realising his potential or dreams..

Some players will, fail ,some will succeed ,some will use their chance as a springboard,to return to their top European.and home clubs.!! 

37 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

They contradict themselves.

One minute we’re cvnts for holding out for as much money as possible, then they reject an offer for Lukaku because Inter haven’t matched their asking price.

You couldn’t make it up. Joke of a club.

Manutd haven't made any crass statement...it's just their plastic fans!!