Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Think that makes me chuckle with folks on the Caf is that their response to AWB being overpriced, is that they quote potential, which is fine. Except of course that Utd have a shocking, and I mean shocking, history with nurturing young talent recently.

Saw a clip of this Solhekol chump the other day, he went on saying Leicester should be careful, Maguire won't be worth as much next season.

Ok, granted, I somewhat agree, but so what?

Hopefully by then we'll have had that extra 12 months to bring through, integrate and have a look at Soyuncu/Benkovic to see if they are good enough or if we would need to replace Maguire, £20m less than what we're asking for at this moment with the opportunity of bringing Soyuncu/Benkovic through or know if we need a replacement would be far more beneficial than our current asking price (Or lower) now and going into the season with abit of the unknown hanging over our defence in my eyes.

He went on to talk about Zaha claiming Palace don't need to sell, pointing out that Zaha was only 26 and only signed a new contract last summer which still has 4 years of that contract left to run.

Erm 'Soley' you can state exactly the same facts for Zaha as you do Maguire and vice versa.

In terms of comparing Maguire/Zaha (Contracts, e.t.c) it's virtually the exact same situation.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Man United pay £60 million, Sky Sports News pay the remaining £20 million and everyone gets what they want.

I don't, i want Maguire to stay at Leicester. Some fans would flog their own granny for beer money on here!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Saw a clip of the Solhekol chump the other day, he went on saying Leicester should be careful, Maguire won't be worth as much next season.

He went on to talk about Zaha claiming Palace don't need to sell, pointing out that Zaha was only 26 and only signed a new contract last summer and still has 4 years of that contract left to run.

Erm 'Soley' you can state exactly the same facts for Zaha as you do Maguire and vice versa.

It's virtually the exact same situation.

This Solhekol chappie talks less sense than Chris Sutton MBE. 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

lol

Nothing serious I hope? 

At my age everything is either serious or a Joke & amusing...

I have got to know more German hospitals , more than there is football clubs in the Bundesliga...

I am seriously thinking of becoming a

Patient-agent, now that would be funny.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't, i want Maguire to stay at Leicester. Some fans would flog their own granny for beer money on here!

I'd like him to stay but the longer this goes on, the more difficult I think it will be. Any mistakes Maguire makes early on in the season aren't going to be brushed aside, Finners mentioned that all of this "unhappy, wants to move, frustrated" stuff, whether true or not, will be used if things start poorly.

I've no doubts over Maguire's attitude and profressionalism but people are pushing for this move and maybe it happening wouldn't be the worst thing for all involved, provided we can get a replacement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Man United pay £60 million, Sky Sports News pay the remaining £20 million and everyone gets what they want.

14 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Thought it was 90 with 10 add ons?

seanfromenderby is paying the addons....

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not bothered personally. It's not a Kante or Mahrez type situation. Think we've already got players who can fill his shoes, if they offer 80m snap there flipping hand off

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Saw a clip of this Solhekol chump the other day, he went on saying Leicester should be careful, Maguire won't be worth as much next season.

Hopefully by then we'll have had that extra 12 months to bring through, integrate and have a look at Soyuncu/Benkovic to see if they are good enough or if we would need to replace Maguire, £20m less than what we're asking for at this moment with the opportunity of bringing Soyuncu/Benkovic through or know if we need a replacement would be far more beneficial than our current asking price (Or lower) now and going into the season with abit of the unknown hanging over our defence in my eyes.

He went on to talk about Zaha claiming Palace don't need to sell, pointing out that Zaha was only 26 and only signed a new contract last summer which still has 4 years of that contract left to run.

In terms of comparing Maguire/Zaha (Contracts, e.t.c) it's virtually the exact same situation.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'd like him to stay but the longer this goes on, the more difficult I think it will be. Any mistakes Maguire makes early on in the season aren't going to be brushed aside, Finners mentioned that all of this "unhappy, wants to move, frustrated" stuff, whether true or not, will be used if things start poorly.

I've no doubts over Maguire's attitude and profressionalism but people are pushing for this move and maybe it happening wouldn't be the worst thing for all involved, provided we can get a replacement.

People like who? A bunch of no bodies on a couple of football forums and some parasitic sensationalists that masquerade as sports journalists, they don't really count do they. Imo this is all about Man Utd putting the feelers out for the January window and getting Maguire to believe he'll be playing for the biggest club in the world. The fact that Maguire's not running around with a big for sale sign on his back shows he's not really for sale, the club have not actually said he's for sale for 85 million quid they've said they'll consider it for a world record fee, why would man utd, a club that earns 600 million a season, not even offer the amount to even talk to him, why come in with a lowball offer that they know would be pointless. I think he'll be here for at least half the season with an eye on a move if, Utd look like they're making progress under Solskjaer, which, if they lose the 12 goals from Lukaku and 13 from Pogba and have to rely on the 10 goals from Rashford, might not be much.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Oh come on, surely you don't seriously believe that ????

No, of course not. The coverage for the Maguire transfer has been a new low, especially when contrasted to the Zaha story.

I am well aware of the answer. Don’t watch. Don’t listen  It’s just a bit like a healing scab, just cannot resist a quick scratch. :angry:

• Like 1