Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

You really dont get what being a proper fan means do you. Yes United fans have countless trophies but would i swap being on the pitch when we won the old 2 division at orient ,the mud bank at harlow ,the kop at notts county with 7500 otjhers in the pouring rain and countless other memories following my local team ,never it made the later day triumphs all the sweeter, your club is your club through bad and good. 

I read this in Winston Churchill  "fight them on the beaches" style.

I'm still punching the imaginary badge on my chest lol

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I read this in Winston Churchill  "fight them on the beaches" style.

I'm still punching the imaginary badge on my chest lol

Yes maybe a little on the rant side but we are what we are, you don't have to constantly win trophies to enjoy supporting your club was what i was trying to get over.?

49 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I know Pogba was tha topic of the tweet, but it was the general gist of it, that is no different to the stance that we are taking. 

I get that ....I was just pointing out the financial aspect of this which the player and his agent are never going to push but which is basically the motivation. If we paid him 200k a week he would stay 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

:wes:

Imagine if we kept hold of Maguire and United had to sell Pogba as Raiola helps him.force through a move before the end of the window .... ?.

One of the players has publically stated he wants to leave. The other has had every media outlet try to force something to happen but luckily we seem to be showing we wont be bullied into something.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if United cave, it will set a precedent!!!!

They can't allow it to happen. If it does go through, it will be a convoluted deal in order for United to save face.

I think that United have made such a meal of this and it has become such a saga that they will lose face if they don't get their man.

I think that we need to stay firm on the price or the top six will think it's open season for Ricardo, Chilwell, Maddison etc.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
23 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I know exactly what being a proper fan is. 

I've travelled all over the country and even home games are a bit of a trek. 

I was there calling Steve Cherry a fat Bastard from pen 2 with about 9,000 others. 

But many other local people couldn't be arsed on a Saturday and nearly all games weren't pissed about with there kick off times. 

The few that turned up were extremely loyal and the noise we made at places like Port Vale would put some of our phone browsing fans to shame. 

But Leicester weren't such a catch and people went elsewhere. 

I know a born and bred Leicester City fan that go on about how great we are and how long they've supported them. 

The same person previously had a season ticket at Leeds Utd. 

I'm sure your a proper fan buddy ,social media dosnt always convey our proper feelings.  Up the city.

Edited by Markyblue

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I get that ....I was just pointing out the financial aspect of this which the player and his agent are never going to push but which is basically the motivation. If we paid him 200k a week he would stay 

Fair enough, we all know that the motivation for 99.9% of players is money and 100% for agents, but as you say, pay him 200k a week and he stays.

25 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I was there calling Steve Cherry a fat Bastard from pen 2 with about 9,000 others. 

But many other local people couldn't be arsed on a Saturday and nearly all games weren't pissed about with there kick off times. 

The few that turned up were extremely loyal and the noise we made at places like Port Vale would put some of our phone browsing fans to shame. 

I know a born and bred Leicester City fan that go on about how great we are and how long they've supported them. 

Ha, I know a couple of ex forest fans from school who are now season ticket holders, not sure when they saw the light but I suspect it was before we won the league, but though I keep quiet I know they know I remember, it’s a dirty secret from there past that they don’t wish to see surface again. lol

However I would say we have always had a strong support in the county, even when we only had gates of 8/9000. We always did and still have a very large following that listen on the radio and follow us in the Mercury. The number of people that would talk City and call themselves fans despite never going down is huge it’s why we always have precedent on the radio and in the local paper because if we’re on it there are huge spikes in listeners or sales. The Mercury had to run an article a few years back explaining it to tigers fans who were put out that we dominated the back pages even when we were crap and they were good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Yes maybe a little on the rant side but we are what we are, you don't have to constantly win trophies to enjoy supporting your club was what i was trying to get over.?

Wasn't a criticism pal, I fully get you as was there at all you mention. It was a badge of honour not about glory just following our team through thick, thin and thinner!

53 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I agree that £80m, to them in the long term, will prove to be alright money wise to sign Maguire and that wasn’t the point I was making.

The bit that they won’t be able to unpick and is a mess is the wage structure they have created in the squad. If you sign someone for a world record fee for that position they aren’t going to accept being paid loads less than people at the club who aren’t performing E.G. Alexis Sanchez on £350k a week and that cycle never ends.

Oh ,I totally agree,and at all club levels,it's something that becomes a vicious circle that clubs can't seem to break.Often because usually normal prudent and sound business present owners,lose the plot and their clubs is their pastime toy and prestige-whim!!

That's why I believe,our owners have been clever owners.They learnt the good and the bad,made their customary mistakes,but in the last few seasons seem to have cottoned on and learn and

act upon their past mistakes.

They realise their finances can't make us into a Man.city or Chelsea,but have sometimes seen their money wasted,but

Have also seen the other side,and seem now to understand and have gone for a more solid base of mixed Youth and experience,and not afraid at looking at

Young or older bargains.

Creating a successfull ethos for now and the future.Over these last few years despite some high cost players not working out,we have on the whole been successfull in seeing and watching a project and solid platform grow slowly.

In my eyes Puel was a necessary part of the successful side of rebuilding...

The owners might be willing to pay a bit over the odds,but are not throwing money at the potential prospects.

Fact of life,we can't compete with the top 6 expenditure,maybe not even Wolves,Watford or Everton seperate systems. We couldn't afford the turn around and player costs of WHam,so again it makes our owners and club organisation somewhat unique..

We have taken a step upwards into that elite level,because we have become IMO,more prudent ,learnt from past errors and adjusted accordingly,while still holding on to high ambitions. 

Oh yes we will still make cock-ups,but we have now a base that at the moment,we can hold our own, recover from any poor season,and not be stressed with our older traditional relegation seasonal fears..

These owners,do hold the key to any consistency and Premiership future.

Under them we have had tragedies of

Failure on the pitch,achievements on and off the pitch,great success, then personal hard hitting tragedy,then like now  a rekindling and rebirth of future potential 

Maybe now even stronger than since our

"Great Escape" season!!

I also like to take a little pride as a fan,that we have become admired and respected even from our rivals..We don't have to be a hate target to get success.

Except from some individual envious twisted fan brigades.

Edited by fuchsntf

53 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

That last sentence, does his surname  begin with a C ?

Not a joke btw serious question.

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

This thread will be the first 300 pager on the Transfer Forum.  This dragging on beyond next week will seriously be hindering BR‘s plans.

53 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Ha, I know a couple of ex forest fans from school who are now season ticket holders, not sure when they saw the light but I suspect it was before we won the league, but though I keep quiet I know they know I remember, it’s a dirty secret from there past that they don’t wish to see surface again. lol

However I would say we have always had a strong support in the county, even when we only had gates of 8/9000. We always did and still have a very large following that listen on the radio and follow us in the Mercury. The number of people that would talk City and call themselves fans despite never going down is huge it’s why we always have precedent on the radio and in the local paper because if we’re on it there are huge spikes in listeners or sales. The Mercury had to run an article a few years back explaining it to tigers fans who were put out that we dominated the back pages even when we were crap and they were good.

Listening to the radio or buying a paper didn't help us sign or keep players though. 

I've known quite a few Leicester 'fans' that were experts but hadn't been to Filbert St in years. 

Many times I came up with fans of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or West Ham just because it was something different for them and they could get in the ground easily due to local people not going. 

We've kicked on massively recently but before that, we were pretty average and that's why the city has so many fans of the elite. 

Hopefully that will soon change?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Listening to the radio or buying a paper didn't help us sign or keep players though. 

I've known quite a few Leicester 'fans' that were experts but hadn't been to Filbert St in years. 

Many times I came up with fans of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or West Ham just because it was something different for them and they could get in the ground easily due to local people not going. 

We've kicked on massively recently but before that, we were pretty average and that's why the city has so many fans of the elite. 

Hopefully that will soon change?

I don’t necessarily disagree, but while we have our fair share of non match attending glory hunters we're not as bad as many cities, there’s long family lines of  City supporters that would tune in on tv, etc. A survey once shown which teams had the biggest pulls in various county’s, while many had liverpool and man u etc despite them not being the local team Leicester was still the biggest pull in our county. True they didn’t help the clubs finances and were/are (I know it’s hard to get tickets now) lazy fans but the potential is there, as you say, hopefully this will change especially with the ground expansion. 

"Don't get the loyalty bonus stuff when he's moving to a club that will be paying him so well, seems a bit greedy." 

This poster sums it up well, welcome to top tier football. If Maguire put his loyalty bonus to paying off his contract, the fee would be reduced by a few million. 

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I don’t necessarily disagree, but while we have our fair share of non match attending glory hunters we're not as bad as many cities, there’s long family lines of  City supporters that would tune in on tv, etc. A survey once shown which teams had the biggest pulls in various county’s, while many had liverpool and man u etc despite them not being the local team Leicester was still the biggest pull in our county. True they didn’t help the clubs finances and were/are (I know it’s hard to get tickets now) lazy fans but the potential is there, as you say, hopefully this will change especially with the ground expansion. 

Bring a one team county probably helped with that survey ?

After years of listening to my mates going on about their clubs, even though I went to more games than all of them put together, they now know and accept, that we're becoming the real deal. 

To be telling these big clubs that you can't have our players unless it's on our terms is bloody brilliant ??

6 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Bring a one team county probably helped with that survey ?

After years of listening to my mates going on about their clubs, even though I went to more games than all of them put together, they now know and accept, that we're becoming the real deal. 

To be telling these big clubs that you can't have our players unless it's on our terms is bloody brilliant ??

So true.

1 hour ago, Filberts Treat said:

Sat in a bar in Lindos. Greek barman’s just told me Man U have offered 80 million. Said we want 100 though. #itk

Offer him €0.10 for a pint and see if he accepts it - after all that is what United are doing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"Don't get the loyalty bonus stuff when he's moving to a club that will be paying him so well, seems a bit greedy." 

This poster sums it up well, welcome to top tier football. If Maguire put his loyalty bonus to paying off his contract, the fee would be reduced by a few million. 

Exactly. To be fair they are not ALL dicks, fancy it’s the.....less invested fans that tend to be so ignorant and unreasonable 

• Like 1