Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

9 minutes ago, stoughtonfox said:

I’m not watching the game

my missus booked us in for a dirty weekend and I got lucky with LCFC staying here

couldent believe it myself

Now, where have I heard something like that before.....just hide the phones.

1 hour ago, stoughtonfox said:

I’m not watching the game

my missus booked us in for a dirty weekend and I got lucky with LCFC staying here

couldent believe it myself

Well don't make to much noise, them lads need to sleep, got a game tomorrow..;)

9 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Utd have got some fantastic fans that back the team 100%.

Yes they've got the plastics, who are extremely annoying, but so have we. 

After the recent success of our club, we have some right idiots supporting us, who barely watch games and are loud, abusive and have no respect for the people around them. 

Every club has great fans, Every club has nobheads.

Agreed but United have more than most! 

3 hours ago, urban fox said:

Lol. The ironical thing is they just don’t get it all. We ain’t lowering the price cos we don’t want to sell. I really worry about the state of this countries education system if people can no longer understand the basics of supply and demand and simple maths

£80m+ done deal

< £80m **** off

either that or they are so up themselves they are like spoilt brat rich kids who just don’t understand that the days of them getting everything they want are dwindling fast.

...if United cave, it will set a precedent!!!!

They can't allow it to happen. If it does go through, it will be a convoluted deal in order for United to save face.

3 hours ago, stoughtonfox said:

Please tell me you are Brendan's son>>>>>>>>Eiffel tower?>>>>>>>>>>>>premier league winners

I don’t know who they think they are fooling, they want Maguire and Maguire only and will end up paying a record fee of some sort to get him.

They are a shambles of a club transfer wise and with the wages they have offered to the likes of Sanchez and what they will pay HM they are pricing themselves out of decent deals and nobody else. 

Guest Markyblue
9 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

It means we've done nothing for most of our history. 

Leicester as a city didn't support the club for a very long time. 

People have turned up when the club has done well

You really dont get what being a proper fan means do you. Yes United fans have countless trophies but would i swap being on the pitch when we won the old 2 division at orient ,the mud bank at harlow ,the kop at notts county with 7500 otjhers in the pouring rain and countless other memories following my local team ,never it made the later day triumphs all the sweeter, your club is your club through bad and good. 

10 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

If I were OSG I would sign Alderweireld providing he was content to forgo Champions League football for at least a year. the rest of his career.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

You really dont get what being a proper fan means do you. Yes United fans have countless trophies but would i swap being on the pitch when we won the old 2 division at orient ,the mud bank at harlow ,the kop at notts county with 7500 otjhers in the pouring rain and countless other memories following my local team ,never it made the later day triumphs all the sweeter, your club is your club through bad and good. 

Epic evening at notts county amazing scenes was it northern section trophy or something?

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t know who they think they are fooling, they want Maguire and Maguire only and will end up paying a record fee of some sort to get him.

They are a shambles of a club transfer wise and with the wages they have offered to the likes of Sanchez and what they will pay HM they are pricing themselves out of decent deals and nobody else. 

Whether they are presently a shambles,

And going through a bad period...

I also believe and agree with what they are doing, ( not what the press are writing) it's prudent business.Why should they pay £80 mil.,why shouldn't they haggle,and holdback over the weeks .Why shouldn't they take their time and look at other options.

IMO this topic from both set of fans ,has slowly become nonsense,and totally club- business-opinions irrlevant..

Like alot of long running themes and issues,it's gone off track and some,thankfully not all have lost the plot.

Even long time fans have their plastic moments..Great post..!!

8 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Swap mufc for lcfc and they have hit the nail on the head, why should we play it any different to them ffs.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’re Little Leicester City remember...

Do you need to take into account that we cannot pay maguire anything close to what he will earn there .........Pogba is different.  Infact, if we offered Harry a pay rise to 150k/week (not happening ) then some of the pundits would have to reconsider their stance. A lot of the ex pros come at this from a financial perspective, despite the simplified narrative ‘big club/small club’

Guest Markyblue
23 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Epic evening at notts county amazing scenes was it northern section trophy or something?

Yes a nothing cup , we lost to forest next round and didn't make Wembley. 

I was at all of the above games and the atmosphere was brilliant as are most City games including defeats in the FA Cup in the rain at Walsall and the long trek to the replay at Exeter, not forgetting Joachims belter at Barnsley. True supporters are there through the good & bad times.... :scarf:

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

@Dahnsouff you’ll get yourself banned from RedCafe with crazy rational talk like that!

You are a fine one too talk! lol

plus, getting banned ends the addiction....

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you need to take into account that we cannot pay maguire anything close to what he will earn there .........Pogba is different.  Infact, if we offered Harry a pay rise to 150k/week (not happening ) then some of the pundits would have to reconsider their stance. A lot of the ex pros come at this from a financial perspective, despite the simplified narrative ‘big club/small club’

I know Pogba was tha topic of the tweet, but it was the general gist of it, that is no different to the stance that we are taking. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Whether they are presently a shambles,

And going through a bad period...

I also believe and agree with what they are doing, ( not what the press are writing) it's prudent business.Why should they pay £80 mil.,why shouldn't they haggle,and holdback over the weeks .Why shouldn't they take their time and look at other options.

IMO this topic from both set of fans ,has slowly become nonsense,and totally club- business-opinions irrlevant..

Like alot of long running themes and issues,it's gone off track and some,thankfully not all have lost the plot.

I agree that £80m, to them in the long term, will prove to be alright money wise to sign Maguire and that wasn’t the point I was making.

The bit that they won’t be able to unpick and is a mess is the wage structure they have created in the squad. If you sign someone for a world record fee for that position they aren’t going to accept being paid loads less than people at the club who aren’t performing E.G. Alexis Sanchez on £350k a week and that cycle never ends.

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

I know exactly what being a proper fan is. 

I've travelled all over the country and even home games are a bit of a trek. 

I was there calling Steve Cherry a fat Bastard from pen 2 with about 9,000 others. 

But many other local people couldn't be arsed on a Saturday and nearly all games weren't pissed about with there kick off times. 

The few that turned up were extremely loyal and the noise we made at places like Port Vale would put some of our phone browsing fans to shame. 

But Leicester weren't such a catch and people went elsewhere. 

I know a born and bred Leicester City fan that go on about how great we are and how long they've supported them. 

The same person previously had a season ticket at Leeds Utd.