Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Posts like this make me laugh, there is not a single shred of evidence for a single word you have said here.

"You can leave next year, just sign this five year contract."

• Haha 3

Agent (who is a lovely guy, which is rare) will make a lot of money if the player he represents signs for a Manchester team for 80m+. He will obviously be pushing for the move.

Player is a well paid professional who wants to play at the highest level, but is not unhappy in any way. 

Club want ant to keep player. They have set an asking price and a time frame.

HM will leave if valuation met within timeframe. I’m not sure it will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

10EFCA1E-92FC-4589-AD2D-D166DA70AAC8.thumb.jpeg.93129dcafbe5b9ca3754fd0f4a328f7d.jpeg

85D8B9AB-2929-4F4A-921F-48775C2AC281.thumb.jpeg.9d99115092328a5f44fd5f631b75ee73.jpeg

Has anyone with a red cafe account said "...quid pro quo Clarice, are you not doing the same with Pogba, making a stand that you not selling but putting a price of £190m on his head despite papers saying he wants out..?"

Pogba on his day is a very good player but £190m he is not they want 100% profit on a player who's stock has depreciated in the time he has been there, I wouldn't place him in the top 11 players in the premier league but they put that price on him, who are the greedy jokers?

10 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Agent (who is a lovely guy, which is rare) will make a lot of money if the player he represents signs for a Manchester team for 80m+. He will obviously be pushing for the move.

Player is a well paid professional who wants to play at the highest level, but is not unhappy in any way. 

Well there's a surprise in the world of football an agent is going to make a lot of money. Time they were expelled from the game for good.The amount of money they have taken from the game is obscene.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

A little bit nervous now. Not sure Soyuncu is ready, Benkovic injured and unknown quantity, don’t want to spend a club record on a replacement. Hope he stays tbh.

On the evidence of the pre-season games so far I think that's spot on.

22 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

the story doesn’t really change from those who are close to the club

reading all the guff over the past few weeks I think that yanited are offering  around 60m plus add ons - whether that gets to 75 or 85 m I have no idea

We should simply stand firm on these add ons and make them straightforward if they won’t back down  (eg. 25, then 50 appearances and playing for England in the euros if not injured). 

Whilst harry may indicate he isnt unhappy, he will resent it if we turn away an offer which meets our valuation with add ons which are easily attainable. 

if they simply won’t come close to 80m then he has to knuckle down and get on with it .......

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not sure what your point is.

I agree about needing to get into Europe this season but with or without Maguire we could fail and finish 9th this season, but i'd say it's more likely scenario we fail and finish 9th without him which is why i'm happy to keep him lose £20m of the curent asking price, it's a gamble either way but imo it's a bigger gamble going into the coming season with the unknown of Soyuncu, Benkovic or a replacement.

Me neither - I misread your post ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Disagree with this 

We set the fee and how payment is structured

If we want £80m up front with no add ons then they should pay it or fvck off

Whilst that seems reasonable to us, I’m not sure that’s how many of these big deals work.  With YT, Monaco were reasonable to ask for straight cash at 35/40m.  With Harry, I’m not convinced we are right to take that stance ........ if Harry sees a deal knocked back whereby we are pretty well assured of receiving 80/85m then I wouldn’t expect he will be in a great frame of mind.  The fee would still be a record 80/85m but united can sell it to some of their fan base as being predicated on the player performing. 

the club are managing this well and they will know how close they can get to a straight cash. This week could well see that play out with a deal struck or the whole thing falling apart. 

Sure there is negotiating going on, as long as it’s not distracting the team preparations, and we get a deal we are prepared,to accept, or even better, Harry stays, no issues.

Feeling particularly sanguine about this, we cannot know what’s going on, but we trust the club to handle this situation well. :thumbup:

Think this outlook means the family deserves an exciting trip to the garden center. :cool:

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst that seems reasonable to us, I’m not sure that’s how many of these big deals work.  With YT, Monaco were reasonable to ask for straight cash at 35/40m.  With Harry, I’m not convinced we are right to take that stance ........ if Harry sees a deal knocked back whereby we are pretty well assured of receiving 80/85m then I wouldn’t expect he will be in a great frame of mind.  The fee would still be a record 80/85m but united can sell it to some of their fan base as being predicated on the player performing. 

the club are managing this well and they will know how close they can get to a straight cash. This week could well see that play out with a deal struck or the whole thing falling apart. 

I don’t think Harry is the type of player to not perform or throw his toys out of the cot

Regardless of that he signed a long term contract last year with seemingly no release clause

He takes the enhanced pay and security of income and it is now for the club to say what they will sell him for

Personally, I don’t think we should be looking to compromise with Man Utd or take less money so that  they can appease some of their fan base 

Actually, I think this would set a bad precedent. Other clubs should know that we are no push overs any longer

Finally, although add ons may seem virtually assured they are not as certain as cash in hand

Injury or failing to perform (eg such as with Nacho) can and do happen. I don’t see why we should take anything less than the fee we set. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

A little bit nervous now. Not sure Soyuncu is ready, Benkovic injured and unknown quantity, don’t want to spend a club record on a replacement. Hope he stays tbh.

We are seriously weakened if he goes having in turn strengthened a direct rival.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Disagree with this 

We set the fee and how payment is structured

If we want £80m up front with no add ons then they should pay it or fvck off

One more term befor they fvck off.

It has to be done by this wednesday or his price goes up £20m. That should fvck off the red cafe lollollol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Anyone whispers on what timeframe we're giving them? Window closing in less than 3 weeks as it is! 

5 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Anyone whispers on what timeframe we're giving them? Window closing in less than 3 weeks as it is! 

Don’t know. End of month would be consistent with previous business and would make sense.

Burnley/Brighton will need a similar timeframe if a club came in for any of their players. Relationships with both clubs are good.

14 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Don’t know. End of month would be consistent with previous business and would make sense.

Burnley/Brighton will need a similar timeframe if a club came in for any of their players. Relationships with both clubs are good.

How times change, I remember when we had many pound notes and they were not happy about it 

Edited by wattolcfc

13 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Makes sense. And both clubs know we'll have circa £80 mill from the transfer so will price up their player accordingly. 

The joy I get out of seeing many salty and annoyed United fans cannot be put into words.

I worked with a lad once who was a United fan who misheard me when I said I support led Leicester City he thought I meant Man City. Some of the things he used to say to me were just terrible, like Yaya Toure getting ebola. That kind of disgusting behaviour has absolutely put me off some sections of their fanbase. 

At least their Chinese fans are respectful.

22 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The joy I get out of seeing many salty and annoyed United fans cannot be put into words.

I worked with a lad once who was a United fan who misheard me when I said I support led Leicester City he thought I meant Man City. Some of the things he used to say to me were just terrible, like Yaya Toure getting ebola. That kind of disgusting behaviour has absolutely put me off some sections of their fanbase. 

At least their Chinese fans are respectful.

Reminds me of some of the crap being spouted when we beat them 5-3, the crap spouted online was hilarious, how dare we beat them by constantly cheating and with the help of the referee and we would soon be sent back where we belonged.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Screenshot_20190721-115250.thumb.png.ac016fa337c0dc32b1d4b72163ec992a.png

It hurts how some on that forum haven't clicked or don't realise the S*n and a lot of the reports were complete BS. 

Did you know they've got a book to see who can get the most posts on other football forums.

0C570B7C-4A86-4B01-ABB2-5C6DB0F57BEA.thumb.jpeg.a95ea26aac9001f0589084d2d3c55c2b.jpeg

Some interesting thoughts in there. In one respect there’s the acknowledgement that we see them as a direct rival for the top 5. But then they think we’ll allow a late deal to go go through. The other one just thinks we’re Little Leicester but can’t get his head around the idea they can’t afford one of our players.