Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

He probably wanted to go last season, but reckon we told him to stay for one more season and then we'd sell. He's bound to be frustrated that his move is delayed by the fee, but his attitude remains good. 

If we get 70m+ for him I think that's a deal that works for all parties. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

He probably wanted to go last season, but reckon we told him to stay for one more season and then we'd sell. He's bound to be frustrated that his move is delayed by the fee, but his attitude remains good. 

Would. Not. Sell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

he signed a new contract, it's irrelevant what he wanted to do ffs, what are you, maguires agent or a leicester fan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the funniest and most deluded post I read on red cafe  HM debate. " I wouldn't be against throwing 20m at Leicester for Maguire, Maddison and Chillwell. Is that each or for all three together?? Either way I think he may be on something

Have to mention - what Morgan said directly contradicts Percy’s tweet about how Maguire informed everybody he wanted to leave. So either Morgan is lying or Percy isn’t as “ITK” as some would seem to like to believe.

I thought that was odd from the beginning. Why on earth would any player tell his teammates that he’s looking to leave when it’s possible he’ll stay? What’s the point of that? Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ktfox59 said:

One of the funniest and most deluded post I read on red cafe  HM debate. " I wouldn't be against throwing 20m at Leicester for Maguire, Maddison and Chillwell. Is that each or for all three together?? Either way I think he may be on something

1 minute ago, ktfox59 said:

That's 120m

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

Have to mention - what Morgan said directly contradicts Percy’s tweet about how Maguire informed everybody he wanted to leave. So either Morgan is lying or Percy isn’t as “ITK” as some would seem to like to believe.

I thought that was odd from the beginning. Why on earth would any player tell his teammates that he’s looking to leave when it’s possible he’ll stay? What’s the point of that? Makes no sense. 

It’s very possible that Maguire haven’t told his team mates that he wants to leave but his agent or people close to him are spreading false information to try and push a move and that could be where Percy got his scourge from as I’ve heard that apparently Maguire agent is a Man U fan , not sure it was a reliable scourge I heard this from as I can’t remember where I heard it, but if true it could be that Maguire agent is wanting the move more than Maguire is. 

3 hours ago, shailen said:

Kind of like selling your house for 20 grand less than you want for it, estate agents happy, buyer happy but what about you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Interesting view, Mr Woodward.

• Haha 1

Simply put .... Whatever we sell Maguire for, wouldn’t be enough. We’d have to replace him and teams would have our pants down with the transfer fee. It’s just the butterfly effect of the fee. 

Just look at what this supposed transfer is doing to the market.

I think Dunk is a solid player, however ..... £40,000,000!!!! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sly said:

Simply put .... Whatever we sell Maguire for, wouldn’t be enough. We’d have to replace him and teams would have our pants down with the transfer fee. It’s just the butterfly effect of the fee. 

Just look at what this supposed transfer is doing to the market.

I think Dunk is a solid player, however ..... £40,000,000!!!! 

A little bit nervous now. Not sure Soyuncu is ready, Benkovic injured and unknown quantity, don’t want to spend a club record on a replacement. Hope he stays tbh.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

A little bit nervous now. Not sure Soyuncu is ready, Benkovic injured and unknown quantity, don’t want to spend a club record on a replacement. Hope he stays tbh.

As i've said i'm happy to take £20m less (than our current asking price) next season but know the score in terms of can we bring Soyuncu on during this year, assess Benkovic's injury situation (Seems a little injury prone) or whether we have to bite the bullet paying for a replacment - we'd still be paying over the odds even next summer but I feel the Dunk and Tarkowski links are a little panicked.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

As i've said i'm happy to take £20m less (than our current asking price) next season but know the score in terms of can we bring Soyuncu on during this year, assess Benkovic's injury situation (Seems a little injury prone) or whether we have to bite the bullet paying for a replacment - we'd still be paying over the odds even next summer but I feel the Dunk and Tarkowski links are a little panicked.

If that approach fails then we end up in 9th and chilwell, madisson, Ricardo are all in maguire position next summer .......

we we need to get into Europe THIS season ........

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If that approach fails then we end up in 9th and chilwell, madisson, Ricardo are all in maguire position next summer .......

we we need to get into Europe THIS season ........

I'm not sure what your point is.

I agree about needing to get into Europe this season but with or without Maguire we could fail and finish 9th this season, but i'd say it's more likely scenario we fail and finish 9th without him which is why i'm happy to keep him lose £20m of the curent asking price, it's a gamble either way but imo it's a bigger gamble going into the coming season with the unknown of Soyuncu, Benkovic or a replacement.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1