Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Intrigued as to why so many are of the opinion that yanited wont meet the price 

i simply can’t see them not meeting our valuation ......they can’t let Harry slip through their grasp .........

Fanny around for too long and ‘slipping through their grasp’ is precisely what will happen 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The story might, of course, be genuine.

There may have been a gentleman's agreement when he signed his new deal last summer.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Yes, it might. The only person who knows is Maguire. We might actually be doing as Vichai said and holding out for an acceptable fee. He might've said "we want £80 million". 

It's just very convenient that a press desperate for a move are bringing out stories like this. Thank fvck this is over in two weeks. And hopefully the next time a club wants our players we can avoid this bullshit. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thread by @tacticentro: "Harry Maguire. A thread: Subsequent to solid World Cup & PL campaigns, Harry Maguire has become the subject of interest from Manchester […]"

Harry Maguire.

A thread: EAE6ca-WwAIzWRs.jpg

Subsequent to solid World Cup & PL campaigns, Harry Maguire has become the subject of interest from Manchester United. The 26 year old is valued at £80 million. In this thread I will breakdown why he is valued at such & how good he is compared to the PL’s best center backs.

Standing at 6ft 4 tall, Maguire’s monstrous presence & aerial ability is what makes him stand out. Maguire will undisputedly become United’s best CB upon signing adding a physical presence which United have been missing. Let’s compare him to the PL’s best CBs.

Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk is the obvious comparison. Both stand at 6ft 4 tall & add a monstrous element to their respective defences. Currently Van Dijk is undoubtedly the best CB in the world so will be superior to Maguire in most stats last season.

The point of this comparison is not to convince you that Maguire is better but rather show you how small the margins are between them. Maguire surprisingly leads Van Dijk in interceptions per game, averaging 1.2 interceptions per game compared to Van Dijk’s 1.1.

Unsurprisingly, Van Dijk leads Maguire in tackles won per game with a 73.7% success rate (SR) compared to Maguire’s 54.8%. These stats suggest that Maguire does not possess the same defensive abilities as Van Dijk thus relies on positional awareness.

Van Dijk on the other hand has the ability to recover with pace and excellent tackles. However, this stat can also be used to Maguire’s advantage. As famously quoted by arguably the greatest defender of all time: "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake".

Furthermore, Van Dijk was dribbled past ZERO times last season compared to Maguire’s 0.2. This is not to discredit Maguire but rather highlight just how good Van Dijk is. Both share the same amount of errors leading to goal (1) & similar number of clearances per game.

Van Dijk leads Maguire in duels won (per game) but only with small margins. Van Dijk averages a 76% SR compared to Maguire’s 73%. Van Dijk is stronger on the ground averaging a 80.8% SR compared to Maguire’s 64.3% whilst Maguire is stronger aerially averaging a 78.1% SR to 74.2%.

The next comparison is to the "second best CB in the PL": Aymeric Laporte. Laporte averages 1.1 interceptions per game, a SR of 47.6% tackles won per game, dribbled past 0.3 times, 60% SR in duels won; 57.8% SR aerially & 62.9% SR on the ground.

Laporte is also dispossessed 7.6 times per game whilst Maguire is dispossessed 0.2 times per game. Statistically, Maguire is superior to Laporte in every defensive aspect despite playing in an inferior team.

Statistically speaking, Maguire is the second best CB in the league & if he can have the same impact on the United defence as Van Dijk did with Liverpool, United will be a force to be reckoned with this season.

He had me at monstrous.

The second one.

And the 0.2 times Maguire was dribbled past.

Quality writing.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The story might, of course, be genuine.

There may have been a gentleman's agreement when he signed his new deal last summer.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

I know fella, was thinking more about who may have leaked and their motivation (well, it’s mega wedge) but just pegged Harry as more grounded. If it’s true then fair play and it’s also probably heavily caveated (offer, situation etc).

It’s not like he’s a flash in the pan success and this is his last chance or anything, and from a timing perspective feels like it’s almost too soon (for us as Leicester fans). Caglar seems not ready and Benkovic is an unknown quantity at this time. 

Guess we’ll just see...

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He had me at monstrous.

The second one.

And the 0.2 times Maguire was dribbled past.

Quality writing.

Had me at using a quote but then not naming who the quote was really from... ?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Intrigued as to why so many are of the opinion that yanited wont meet the price 

i simply can’t see them not meeting our valuation ......they can’t let Harry slip through their grasp .........

Especially if it's over a paltry £10m.

I can't see them walking away because of a 15% dispute over his transfer fee. Not when their season depends on it and the difference between someone like Smalling being first choice. I think they'll want to structure it like they've saved face but I believe they'll pay up in the end as the difference isn't that great. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I can't see them walking away because of a 15% dispute over his transfer fee. Not when their season depends on it and the difference between someone like Smallin being first choice. I think they'll want to structure it like they've saved face but I believe they'll pay up in the end as the difference isn't that great. 

Undisclosed fee. lol 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

All journos are cvnts are they? 

Not sure why you said that actually?

Did I say they are all cvnts?

My point is its some little dweeb re hashing an old story for clicks.

Currently a Graduate looking that profile. Not exactly a respected Journalist that Harrys agent will be leaking stuff to

Edited by HankMarvin

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Mate..quite a few of our fans,have made

Negative write ups on him..also last season was a topic exactly on that point,where numerous fans were at crossed swords over Albrighton..

Whether that was majority or minority,

I leave in the lap of the Banter-gods and statistic Geeks.

My own thought ..legend,so damn happy he's on our books and as stayed.

I do believe he has a big following,but

I really wouldn't know how it falls.

And he's more than a workhorse,he's created alot of assists and actual chances that have and haven't been converted...

I sympathise with your last sentence,but

I don't go in for comparisons,or picking

out who is more useful..Albrighton has

been longer succeeding &

helping/part of , building on our ethos,character and successfull modern period of the clubs history...Scored our 1st goal in the CL..

Maguire added to it,..So I won't compare

They are both part of how we have developed for totally different reasons.

I will stick my neck out and say if this squad has a built in soul,then Vardy,Albrighton,WES,Kasper are the big parts of it,with Chills close in their wake.

And all not because of lack of any skills!!

I'm never going to argue about how much I love the guy mate he's one of my faves and as you say is one who will go down in history for the title win the great escape and the champions league goals. All I was saying was in reference to someone saying he was more vital than Maguire which I disagree with. Albrightons end product is at times second rate but he will continue to be an important squad player for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

All journos are cvnts are they? 

Not all of us lol

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Get the **** trending. Abuse is fully deserved IMO.

Why are you singling out this guy? Just because you don't like the paper he works for?

The 'story' has done the rounds for a while - various journalists have written it in various papers. Should we not be gunning for all of them?

PS I don't really like the tone of the stories, even if they are true. But equally I understand why papers print it. It's not disrespectful to Vichai's memory IMHO but it's an awkward read all the same.

• Like 4

rejected post on redcafe.  What if I had posted, maguire is having a medical to back up the fake news.

Hi,
Below is a copy of your rejected post from this thread. Please amend it as requested and then repost it.

Reason for rejection: Adds nothing to the discussion

Latest news is still no new bid from manchester united.
  • Haha 3

Guest Markyblue
6 hours ago, Gerard said:

I can't see them walking away because of a 15% dispute over his transfer fee. Not when their season depends on it and the difference between someone like Smalling being first choice. I think they'll want to structure it like they've saved face but I believe they'll pay up in the end as the difference isn't that great. 

It which case why don't they just pay up and we can all move on,  the delay isn't helping anyone.  Get it done or f..k off man u.

43 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

It which case why don't they just pay up and we can all move on,  the delay isn't helping anyone.  Get it done or f..k off man u.

One wonders if maguire could be hanging on for Man City to change their approach or if Man U are simply trying to stare us out over the fee. If there is a cut off point then it will be done when that arrives

in the meantime, we continue to play maguire preseason to prove we are serious about keeping him.  Wonder if he will appear with a different partner to Wes if he plays this evening ? 

Guest Cujek
3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

rejected post on redcafe.  What if I had posted, maguire is having a medical to back up the fake news.

Hi,
Below is a copy of your rejected post from this thread. Please amend it as requested and then repost it.

Reason for rejection: Adds nothing to the discussion

Latest news is still no new bid from manchester united.

Most of the comments in that thread have nowt to do with Maguire, it's. Man it'd "fans", most of which have most likely never been to Manchester nor find it on a map, arguing about smalling and Louis van gaal. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

One wonders if maguire could be hanging on for Man City to change their approach or if Man U are simply trying to stare us out over the fee. If there is a cut off point then it will be done when that arrives

in the meantime, we continue to play maguire preseason to prove we are serious about keeping him.  Wonder if he will appear with a different partner to Wes if he plays this evening ? 

Why would they try and stare us out over the fee ? We have a price and that's it .:dunno:

18 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Why would they try and stare us out over the fee ? We have a price and that's it .:dunno:

Why wouldn’t you ?  up until the ‘apparent cut off’ point there is room for us to lose our bottle ......

they didn’t buy from us before .........