Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Just me or does this feel like it’s calming down a bit?

Calm before the storm. There’s going to be a late flurry of activity for everyone methinks. There’s only 17 days left of the window and a lot of teams are still in desperate need of new signings - Arsenal haven’t signed anyone yet, Man Utd still need to overhaul their squad, Wolves have only finalised permanent deals for loan signings etc. 

Theres a hell of a lot of players that still need to be moved on too - Zaha, Pogba, Lukaku, Ozil (?), Eriksen etc - before their clubs can spend. 

This puts us in an excellent position IMO. We don’t need to sell Maguire, we don’t need the money and we have already spent well to improve our squad regardless of any sales. I can honestly see him staying, especially with there being a cut off date as Rodgers has said. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Just me or does this feel like it’s calming down a bit?

No change since day 1.

We’ve set a fee. Agent wants move (obviously. That’s his job). Player will play for whoever pays his wages (that’s his job). 

In my opinion If Man U bid correct amount, Man City will match it and he will join them :giggle:

If they don’t, he stays with us. Man City and us win either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Exactly. Yet it's astonishing how many non-Leicester fans don't get this, and assume instead that we'll blink and accept a lower fee than the one we've demanded. On twitter and other social media platforms I've tried hard to explain that this only holds when the selling party actually wants to sell, and that in this case it won't happen because we don't want to sell, but they never seem to quite understand it. It's very odd.

Its because the fans of bigger clubs still see us as 'little leicester'. How dare we not accept a bid for one of our players from a bigger club. The way they look down their noses at clubs like ours is why I hate the big clubs. Secretly though they are all shit scared (except the top 2) that the top 6 as we currently know it, could be about to change. 

• Like 3

We hold so many cards in this deal that it's almost unbelievable.  Not only do we not need to sell, because we don't need the money, Harry is by all accounts behaving with true professionalism & not sulking or or going on strike.  BUT ALSO......we don't even need to panic a buy a replacement if Man. U. sneak in an acceptable bid at the last minute.  We have a least one capable replacement in Soyuncu...haven't seen Benkovitch play but Rodgers was full of praise for him in Scotland,,,,,,,,,and there's always Westley, who it seems is still able to do a job when asked.  Happy Days! 

2 minutes ago, PaulW said:

We hold so many cards in this deal that it's almost unbelievable.  Not only do we not need to sell, because we don't need the money, Harry is by all accounts behaving with true professionalism & not sulking or or going on strike.  BUT ALSO......we don't even need to panic a buy a replacement if Man. U. sneak in an acceptable bid at the last minute.  We have a least one capable replacement in Soyuncu...haven't seen Benkovitch play but Rodgers was full of praise for him in Scotland,,,,,,,,,and there's always Westley, who it seems is still able to do a job when asked.  Happy Days! 

Give it a week or so and he will be stroping trust me.

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Potentially a world record transfer defender and people still think his names McGuire

They are quite pathetic. Its not exactly hard is it???

image.png.a8cba2146400cb11c7f92e6bb32fb8d1.png

Its almost becoming an over-dramatic episode of Eastenders. Somehow making a real dull scenario into an epic month long climax. But in reality its like this.

ManU - HM, how much?

LCFC - £80

ManU - How about £75?

LCFC - No.

The End.