Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

This reference to the convo had between Harry and Vichai was obviously going to brought up again. It’s unforgiveable that the people behind Maguire and Man U are resorting to such underhand tactics to try and force Top into accepting a deal. 

All is fair in business apparently but have a bit of class for **** sake. I hope for Harry’s sake he is asking his agent to stop this bullshit. 

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Had the name of the guy that wrote it but lost it when they took the article down. Anyone else get it? 

The name isn't a person. Standard practice for shite papers to use an alias on certain types of story.

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This reference to the convo had between Harry and Vichai was obviously going to brought up again. It’s unforgiveable that the people behind Maguire and Man U are resorting to such underhand tactics to try and force Top into accepting a deal. 

All is fair in business apparently but have a bit of class for **** sake. I hope for Harry’s sake he is asking his agent to stop this bullshit. 

I don't believe that maguire has okayed that statement to come out, i think it's the media bringing up something from the past. Imagine if the deal doesn't go through, what's the rest of the squad going to think.

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The story might, of course, be genuine.

There may have been a gentleman's agreement when he signed his new deal last summer.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

There might well have been, but surely someone with any morals isn't going to use that to force a move.

We could all start a new trend...

Refuse to be click-bait..

Close this thread..

Don't post anything on Harry's Transfer.

Feel free to post on Harry's,training and

Game.

Kill,stop dead,from here !!

Any reported Forum resource,that the media go out and abuse..Let them go

Every day empty handed..We simply stop making any Noise from this forum

Relevant to Maguire-transfer stories.

Chose 1-3 moderators for source,to be only used when they have something concrete and under a new topic..

Then only From city's own news site.

BBC final report...or one considered

reliable source..

I would just love to kill the target group

> Ourselves< for the media and see where they go with it.. let them chase their own arses...No target group no empty Gossip,..

But unfortunately  we ain't that clever...!!

• Like 1

This is an agent trying to ramp up the pressure on Top. The only time Maguire shook the hand of Vichai was on a very lucrative 5 year contract last year.which he now appears intent on breaking. Respect for Leicester my a**e. Wish he would hurry up and get lost. Pay the asking price and he can go . Simple

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Had the name of the guy that wrote it but lost it when they took the article down. Anyone else get it? 

• Joe Brophy

FAIR SHAKE 

Tragic ex-Leicester owner Vichai ‘shook hands with Harry Maguire to allow him to join Man Utd this summer’

GOSSIP
  • Joe Brophy
  • 22 Jul 2019, 17:10
  • Updated: 22 Jul 2019, 17:13

TRAGIC Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha reportedly shook hands with Harry Maguire on a transfer away from the club this summer before the ex-Leicester owner died in a helicopter crash.

Manchester United have been locked in talks for the England star for months with terms over an £80million fee finally being agreed this week.

Edited by HankMarvin

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Disrespectful *****

1 hour ago, stu said:

This is un-f**king believable. What a scummy shite rag! :@

I think it's plausible that Maguire was told last summer that we wouldn't allow him.to leave, but would review it next summer. And that, in the meantime, he'd be paid by LCFC at a level in line with an international centre half (hence the five year contract). A gentleman's agreement, if you will.

It's in poor taste to use Vichai's name to start to hammer home a wish to leave but as others have said, it is more likely his agent than Maguire personally.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think it's plausible that Maguire was told last summer that we wouldn't allow him.to leave, but would review it next summer. And that, in the meantime, he'd be paid by LCFC at a level in line with an international centre half (hence the five year contract). A gentleman's agreement, if you will.

It's in poor taste to use Vichai's name to start to hammer home a wish to leave but as others have said, it is more likely his agent than Maguire personally.

no its probably some little dweeb journalist thinking how they can get loads of clicks,

1.Rehash Maguire story

2. add more detail from an article a month ago

This changes nothing though, we already know we’ve agreed to let him go if they meet our valuation. It’s quite possible that we did say this to him as we did with Mahrez, he knows it, we know it, we’re just waiting for someone to offer the price we want. It’s a new angle for the media to keep the story rolling while nothing happens and it is a pretty low move to string it along.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

Blimey the Red Cafe patrons, sure do live in their own world.

The latest theory is that the deal is done, but has not been announced, so as not to interrupt their overseas tour at the moment.

Been a couple of hours now , and n one has questioned   as to why we have not announced the deal as done, they will eventually come up with a reason though.

It will be amazing to not sell. His leaving won't even leave us in the lurch with four centre halves waiting on the wings, along with Amartey and Knight. But I honestly don't want to sell just to piss off redcafe.

30 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

no its probably some little dweeb journalist thinking how they can get loads of clicks,

1.Rehash Maguire story

2. add more detail from an article a month ago

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Brophy or something like that was his last name.

Edit: https://muckrack.com/joe-brophy

There we go.

looks like i hit the nail on the head

Graduate @CfJKent,

Thread by @tacticentro: "Harry Maguire. A thread: Subsequent to solid World Cup & PL campaigns, Harry Maguire has become the subject of interest from Manchester […]"

Harry Maguire.

A thread: EAE6ca-WwAIzWRs.jpg

Subsequent to solid World Cup & PL campaigns, Harry Maguire has become the subject of interest from Manchester United. The 26 year old is valued at £80 million. In this thread I will breakdown why he is valued at such & how good he is compared to the PL’s best center backs.

Standing at 6ft 4 tall, Maguire’s monstrous presence & aerial ability is what makes him stand out. Maguire will undisputedly become United’s best CB upon signing adding a physical presence which United have been missing. Let’s compare him to the PL’s best CBs.

Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk is the obvious comparison. Both stand at 6ft 4 tall & add a monstrous element to their respective defences. Currently Van Dijk is undoubtedly the best CB in the world so will be superior to Maguire in most stats last season.

The point of this comparison is not to convince you that Maguire is better but rather show you how small the margins are between them. Maguire surprisingly leads Van Dijk in interceptions per game, averaging 1.2 interceptions per game compared to Van Dijk’s 1.1.

Unsurprisingly, Van Dijk leads Maguire in tackles won per game with a 73.7% success rate (SR) compared to Maguire’s 54.8%. These stats suggest that Maguire does not possess the same defensive abilities as Van Dijk thus relies on positional awareness.

Van Dijk on the other hand has the ability to recover with pace and excellent tackles. However, this stat can also be used to Maguire’s advantage. As famously quoted by arguably the greatest defender of all time: "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake".

Furthermore, Van Dijk was dribbled past ZERO times last season compared to Maguire’s 0.2. This is not to discredit Maguire but rather highlight just how good Van Dijk is. Both share the same amount of errors leading to goal (1) & similar number of clearances per game.

Van Dijk leads Maguire in duels won (per game) but only with small margins. Van Dijk averages a 76% SR compared to Maguire’s 73%. Van Dijk is stronger on the ground averaging a 80.8% SR compared to Maguire’s 64.3% whilst Maguire is stronger aerially averaging a 78.1% SR to 74.2%.

The next comparison is to the "second best CB in the PL": Aymeric Laporte. Laporte averages 1.1 interceptions per game, a SR of 47.6% tackles won per game, dribbled past 0.3 times, 60% SR in duels won; 57.8% SR aerially & 62.9% SR on the ground.

Laporte is also dispossessed 7.6 times per game whilst Maguire is dispossessed 0.2 times per game. Statistically, Maguire is superior to Laporte in every defensive aspect despite playing in an inferior team.

Statistically speaking, Maguire is the second best CB in the league & if he can have the same impact on the United defence as Van Dijk did with Liverpool, United will be a force to be reckoned with this season.

• Haha 1