Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's a world of difference between knowing the line up and transfer business. 

Think about it, several of our first team squad are young Leicester lads. They're going to have gone to school with plenty of kids active on social media. 

I guarantee any of Hamza, Barnes, Chilwell are going to have gone to school with people on here. It's not wildly unbelievable that they'd tell their mates on match day what the team is. 

But the club are incredibly tight lipped on transfer business, most of the squad won't have a ****ing clue what's going on with Maguire and they'll know even less about incoming transfers. 

I mean someone obviously told Ash about Perez but only on the day, suggesting the club kept that shit extremely quiet and most of the ITK only really found out once he showed up at the training ground. 

Nail on the head really. I dont see much difference in what Sean does to Rob Dorsett, read the rumours pick one that sounds promising... add personality to it so that it sounds original 'the deal is being held up because of add ons' etc and all of a sudden its gospel. If it goes wrong ignore it and try again. 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Nail on the head really. I dont see much difference in what Sean does to Rob Dorsett, read the rumours pick one that sounds promising... add personality to it so that it sounds original 'the deal is being held up because of add ons' etc and all of a sudden its gospel. If it goes wrong ignore it and try again. 

I think sean just dreams some up out of cuckoo land to be honest.

Wouldn't surprise me if him and indykalia are banging each other.

Edited by tylesta
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

not at all like sky then...….. Oh wait a minute  :fishing:

Sky don't own any part of Skybet for a couple of years now.

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Sky don't own any part of Skybet for a couple of years now.

In that world, it wouldn’t be inconceivable to think that someone in Skybet gives a journo a backhander to get a rumour going to spark an influx of bets on a particular market, would it? 

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's a world of difference between knowing the line up and transfer business. 

Think about it, several of our first team squad are young Leicester lads. They're going to have gone to school with plenty of kids active on social media. 

I guarantee any of Hamza, Barnes, Chilwell are going to have gone to school with people on here. It's not wildly unbelievable that they'd tell their mates on match day what the team is. 

But the club are incredibly tight lipped on transfer business, most of the squad won't have a ****ing clue what's going on with Maguire and they'll know even less about incoming transfers. 

I mean someone obviously told Ash about Perez but only on the day, suggesting the club kept that shit extremely quiet and most of the ITK only really found out once he showed up at the training ground. 

The leak was - most likely - Danny Ward. Liverpool's lineups were constantly leaked early in 17/18, he was heavily suspected of being the culprit, and then they stopped when he was sold to us at which point our lineups were leaked. That seems to have been addressed internally as the leaks stopped after a while.

The players won't be privy to any tranfer negotiations, so if the above is true then either Sean has a second source (on the Man U end?) or more likely it's complete b*ll*cks. It's probable that even Maguire knows nothing about the actual negotiations beyond the fact that we've rejected two bids because they weren't high enough.

• Like 1

RedCafe are about to hit 200 pages. Should I tell them about Nicky Maynard or Aranguiz?

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

RedCafe are about to hit 200 pages. Should I tell them about Nicky Maynard or Aranguiz?

Yes and chuck in  Anderson ‘the steering wheel‘ Perry.  He could add 100 pages single handedly with his bull shit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’re we ever in for Maynard? 

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Actually - changed my mind.

Evans is a better defender, but is not of more value (on the pitch) to the team. :thumbup:

Maguire offers more on forward play, but I am not sure why we comparing the two as maguire isnt competing with evans, the strongest pairing is both of them playing together.

5 hours ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Yeah they do, But it does seem this has momentum though.

Momentum

Deal agree - > Deal is close -> Deal done -> No offer been made -> Having Medical -> Told team mates he wants to go,-> Hasnt said anything to teammates -> Deal done -> final parts been done on deal.

Thats not momentum :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

ITK's should be held accountable where fake news is spread and betting is involved. I wonder how many people (who are daft enough)  have stuck a few quid on a transfer based on what they perceive to be news from a reliable source.

Lots do, which is why the ‘to stay’ markets are absolute goldmines. I made over £200 on Maguire and Schmeichel staying last summer and have been all over Paddy Power’s 7/1 offering this week on Harry to stay.

Fake News and ITKs who have built up an online fan base by just making guesses and passing them off as real insight are attention-seeking t*ssers. 

The one benefit is the idiots who believe them and place bets helps to swing the market and open up some attractive ‘to stay’ odds. 

• Like 1

FT 5,875 and counting

Caf 7,960 and counting

The two forums will shortly pass 15,000 posts on the rumored transfer of Jacob Harry Maguire.  Not even counting the fevered nonsense on Twitter.

And people wonder how his head could be so big.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

FT 5,875 and counting

Caf 7,960 and counting

The two forums will shortly pass 15,000 posts on the rumored transfer of Jacob Harry Maguire.  Not even counting the fevered nonsense on Twitter.

How many if we include the posts on Mcguire?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Lots do, which is why the ‘to stay’ markets are absolute goldmines. I made over £200 on Maguire and Schmeichel staying last summer and have been all over Paddy Power’s 7/1 offering this week on Harry to stay.

Fake News and ITKs who have built up an online fan base by just making guesses and passing them off as real insight are attention-seeking t*ssers. 

The one benefit is the idiots who believe them and place bets helps to swing the market and open up some attractive ‘to stay’ odds. 

Yep. Made some decent money on Mahrez staying two seasons in a row. Griezmann staying at Atletico last summer another too. Had a bit on Neymar to stay at 5/6 last week. Coutinho and Eriksen to stay (8/11 and 8/15) are two others where I cant see deals happening. 

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

FT 5,875 and counting

Caf 7,960 and counting

Put the fee up !

I almost feel sorry for them, we've been through this torture before where we hang off every twitter posts from any old twat. Tielemans this summer was bad at times but nothing compares to the rollercoaster of getting Cambiasso, hated/loved/obsessed/despaired all in equal measure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Exactly the reason Albrighton keeps being underrated..!!  He has a wicked cross from both sides. He spots a man on the move,and is always looking for that man on the move...

His Only problem,as been managers keeping him on the backfoot, and trying

to force the defensive side of him...

Which he as also done well..

Like some posters asking Mahrez to improve on his defence..!!

Mate he's not underrated by our fans, maybe other fans. We know what he is and I'm not saying he is a poor player but he's primarily a workhorse. He's not one of the best in his position in the league like Maguire is. 

41 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mate he's not underrated by our fans, maybe other fans. We know what he is and I'm not saying he is a poor player but he's primarily a workhorse. He's not one of the best in his position in the league like Maguire is. 

Mate..quite a few of our fans,have made

Negative write ups on him..also last season was a topic exactly on that point,where numerous fans were at crossed swords over Albrighton..

Whether that was majority or minority,

I leave in the lap of the Banter-gods and statistic Geeks.

My own thought ..legend,so damn happy he's on our books and as stayed.

I do believe he has a big following,but

I really wouldn't know how it falls.

And he's more than a workhorse,he's created alot of assists and actual chances that have and haven't been converted...

I sympathise with your last sentence,but

I don't go in for comparisons,or picking

out who is more useful..Albrighton has

been longer succeeding &

helping/part of , building on our ethos,character and successfull modern period of the clubs history...Scored our 1st goal in the CL..

Maguire added to it,..So I won't compare

They are both part of how we have developed for totally different reasons.

I will stick my neck out and say if this squad has a built in soul,then Vardy,Albrighton,WES,Kasper are the big parts of it,with Chills close in their wake.

And all not because of lack of any skills!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Mullet1 said:

We’re we ever in for Maynard? 

Sven wanted him. King Power offered £6m (allegedly), which would've been a record for both clubs at the time. Bristol got greedy and we moved onto other targets. Almost immediately afterwards, Maynard got an injury Skiing and was unavailable for months afterwards. He eventually returned to a fanfare but sadly for him (and his club) he was no longer that £10m player they thought he was. I think he went to Cardiff for a knockdown price of £2m, or something, and stated that he had to get away as he didn't want his kids to have Bristol accents :crylaugh:

6 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

BBC sport saying £80 million deal agreed. 

Mentioned before 

BUT ONLY in its Gossip column,old news!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Mentioned before 

BUT ONLY in its Gossip column,old news!!

It literally says 'Football gossip' and then makes it clear that the rumour came from the Bleacher Report - ie, not a BBC-sourced story lol