Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The faceless wannabe ITKs have to keep repeating sensationalist bolllocks because they might be right eventually and then they can then use that tweet to claim how knowledgeable they are.

Anyone with an iota of common sense who glances across their timelines will see what kind of person they really are.

Its not just faceless itks though. Sky sports, the sun, the mirror etc have all been talking absolute shite about Harry all summer. I get it, as big stories make them money, but when the big stories are clearly made up, it starts to become ridiculous. Sky sports are absolutely desperate for him to join United. Every day they have a new story/complete bollocks on Harry. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Its not just faceless itks though. Sky sports, the sun, the mirror etc have all been talking absolute shite about Harry all summer. I get it, as big stories make them money, but when the big stories are clearly made up, it starts to become ridiculous. Sky sports are absolutely desperate for him to join United. Every day they have a new story/complete bollocks on Harry. 

I agree that press/media organisations do stir the pot but generally speaking they'll be fed info by legitimate contacts within the game.

The faceless wannabe ITKs don't speak to managers, players, DoFs, agents etc - they just make stuff up or have a friend of a friend who occasionally empties the bins at the training ground and might see something once in a blue moon.

There has been a lot of bolllocks spouted by Sky this summer on many topics and even talkSPORT ramp stuff up a bit much for my liking at times.

I don't, however, think the press/media are "desperate" for Maguire to sign for ManU. I think they just want big headlines and clicks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I agree that press/media organisations do stir the pot but generally speaking they'll be fed info by legitimate contacts within the game.

The faceless wannabe ITKs don't speak to managers, players, DoFs, agents etc - they just make stuff up or have a friend of a friend who occasionally empties the bins at the training ground and might see something once in a blue moon.

There has been a lot of bolllocks spouted by Sky this summer on many topics and even talkSPORT ramp stuff up a bit much for my liking at times.

I don't, however, think the press/media are "desperate" for Maguire to sign for ManU. I think they just want big headlines and clicks.

I get it and can't say I blame your bosses and fellow peers in the industry. Man Utd have the bigger fan base, which means more people to spend more money. We are the smaller club with a smaller fan base, so in the eyes of the people in power, we're not worth as much. 

But on the flip side, I'm loving the narrative that we can spin from this... Little ol Leicester City holding out against the big bad Manchester United, standing our ground and not bending backwards to their sense of entitlement just because they're 'bigger'

Telling them to put up or shut up... To quote a big purple guy "This does put a smile on my face"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If he signs for United though then that creates big headlines/clicks. Him staying at Leicester would be very boring for them. 

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The whole "will he/won't he" saga generates headlines and clicks.

That's why the press/media as well as the wannabe ITKs are all posting about it.

Have to admit that even I have gained a few new followers when I've shared info I've been told.

It's not done for that reason - more so to try and put people in the picture.

But a big downside of tweeting about "the big clubs" is the increased level of shiit you receive from their crazy fans who don't like hearing what they don't want to hear.

Tell you what. If you publish a story saying he is staying at Leicester, I will give you one, maybe even two clicks - deal? :thumbup:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That's why the press/media as well as the wannabe ITKs are all posting about it.

Have to admit that even I have gained a few new followers when I've shared info I've been told.

But a big downside of tweeting about "the big clubs" is the increased level of shiit you receive from their crazy fans who don't like hearing what they don't want to hear.

That's what glory supporting does to you. They don't actually care about the club in anyway. Just the glory of winning and believing that they're the very best, like it's pokemon. But they'd never feel the pain of administration or the heartbreak of relegation or the true glory of winning, because they don't stick through the thick and thin. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

https://talksport.com/football/545799/transfer-news-gossip-live-tottenham-juventus-liverpool/

Talksport claiming United will make an improved offer by the weekend. What will it be this time £70,000.50? :P

If they come back with what we value him at, what do you think the club will actually say? I think they’ll say it’s too late in the window. 

13 hours ago, Danizen said:

At this point, I'm pretty sure there are more badly photoshopped photos of Maguire wearing a Man U top on the internet than there are actual pictures of him wearing a Leicester shirt. 

These Man U fans on Twitter might actually be worse than the Arsenal fans and I don't say that lightly. 

image.jpeg.058a882b2be2a0bafb0473c2ee1df766.jpeg

Read on the Leuven thread that Benkovic had a difficult time in his run out yesterday. If Benkovic isn't ready to start playing (unimpeded) by the beginning of the season then I doubt we'd be selling Maguire. Unless we're buying someone. Seeing Evans get injured yesterday and Rodgers reaction to it started my brain working again.

Harry may have to wait until winter. No way we're going into the season light at that position.

Edited by SO1

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Read on the Leuven thread that Benkovic had a difficult time in his run out yesterday. If Benkovic isn't ready to start playing (unimpeded) by the beginning of the season then I doubt we'd be selling Maguire. Unless we're buying someone. Seeing Evans get injured yesterday and Rodgers reaction to it started my brain working again.

Harry may have to wait until winter. No way we're going into the season light at that position.

I think the whole team had a difficult time so I would not read to much into 45 minutes following an injury lay-off.  3 goals were conceded after he went off.

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If they come back with what we value him at, what do you think the club will actually say? I think they’ll say it’s too late in the window. 

Ah Talksport. They are radio version of the Sun.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Because it’s the media man. They make all bullshit up to make us out to be the bad party here.

I think the power of the media is pretty overstated these days to be honest. Most people with even half a brain cell know they’re full of shit. Obviously they’re still pissed at us winning the league - but fuch em. 

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think the whole team had a difficult time so I would not read to much into 45 minutes following an injury lay-off.  3 goals were conceded after he went off.

Not concerned about the score :)more about his ability to play full throttle. Rodgers and his medical staff will know more than us.

Just gave me pause for thought that Benkovic might not be out of the woods yet and how this might affect the clubs thinking.

Rodgers seemed a bit more animated than usual.

26 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

https://talksport.com/football/545799/transfer-news-gossip-live-tottenham-juventus-liverpool/

Talksport claiming United will make an improved offer by the weekend. What will it be this time £70,000.50? :P

Talksport actually announced on Sunday that they "have heard that Leicester and Utd have come to an agreement to sell at £80mil"'

I rushed on to this forum to check the news... and I now know where they 'heard' it from. I won't take any notice at all of what they say about anything really.

I don't think he'll actually go. Utd seem to have dug a hole for themselves by this 'we're Man Utd and we don't overpay' stance.

47 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You sir, are genuinely a breath of fresh air, and i for one, truly appreciate your postings and am glad you feel comfortable enough to vent on here.

It is an insight into a life I'll never leadx and part of the reason i like autobiographies.

Do you have any books out?

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

You sir, are genuinely a breath of fresh air, and i for one, truly appreciate your postings and am glad you feel comfortable enough to vent on here.

It is an insight into a life I'll never leadx and part of the reason i like autobiographies.

Do you have any books out?

Please get a room ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Ah Talksport. They are radio version of the Sun.

Yes, I listen to it most days, mainly cos I think goughie is quiet funny and people ringing in getting wound up, but I just wondered what people’s thoughts were if they did submit a acceptable offer