Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I think the power of the media is pretty overstated these days to be honest. Most people with even half a brain cell know they’re full of shit. Obviously they’re still pissed at us winning the league - but fuch em. 

This is a misconception. The press/media absolutely loved us winning the league.

14 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

You sir, are genuinely a breath of fresh air, and i for one, truly appreciate your postings and am glad you feel comfortable enough to vent on here.

It is an insight into a life I'll never leadx and part of the reason i like autobiographies.

Do you have any books out?

I once wrote a book called  ' The Art Of Sarcasm ' but I can see you've already read it lol

• Haha 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This is a misconception. The press/media absolutely loved us winning the league.

I once wrote a book called  ' The Art Of Sarcasm ' but I can see you've already read it lol

There is a widespread & very bizarre misconception that the media hated us winning the league and is now involved in a conspiracy to destabilise us. You hear it from otherwise sensible folk as well as the less sensible ones. It's really, really odd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There is a widespread & very bizarre misconception that the media hated us winning the league and is now involved in a conspiracy to destabilise us. You hear it from otherwise sensible folk as well as the less sensible ones. It's really, really odd.

The press/media would love it if someone other than the established few won the league again.

They're currently talking us up as top six contenders - they wouldn't do that if they hated us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Did they though, really?  I don’t really think that was the case - love through gritted teeth. Mind I don’t drink Evian. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I think the whole team had a difficult time so I would not read to much into 45 minutes following an injury lay-off.  3 goals were conceded after he went off.

What game was this? 

Edit: ignore that just read it in the other forum

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Mine was a genuine outpouring of love. You need to accept compliments and just say thankyou.

I did stalk you a little more and found your name on the oneill - crest of a wave book, and now want to get hold of a copy.

Apologies if it made you uncomfortable, but i also admire your curtains and think those pyjamas you wore last night looked dashing. ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If people don't want to read the shit then don't? Wait until an official news outlet reports something. No-one is forcing you to come into here everyday.

That's true but when you see the thread go hot with pages of new posts you tend to check in to see if anything has happened.  Then you wade through pages of dismal crap until you've wasted 10 minutes of your life that you'll never get back.   Repeat ad nauseum.  I reckon you feckers owe me an hour and a half!

What can there possibly be left to say?

Lock the damn thread, put it in a box and bury it in the garden.

Edited by murphy

The muckspreader approach to football reporting is the result of the multitude of media outlets who are all vying for views and revenue. 

Every day they need to fill their outage with stories. A journo can’t get up, say I’ve got nothing to say and go back to bed. If they have genuine news then great but if not they’ll speculate, bluster and recycle just to produce something that justifies them earning a crust. 

That’s why I think that the media generally  did love us winning the title. It gave them a few months of easy material and a different angle  whilst they could also generate numerous “why did it all go so wrong”stuff re the top 6. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The muckspreader approach to football reporting is the result of the multitude of media outlets who are all vying for views and revenue. 

Every day they need to fill their outage with stories. A journo can’t get up, say I’ve got nothing to say and go back to bed. If they have genuine news then great but if not they’ll speculate, bluster and recycle just to produce something that justifies them earning a crust. 

That’s why I think that the media generally  did love us winning the title. It gave them a few months of easy material and a different angle  whilst they could also generate numerous “why did it all go so wrong”stuff re the top 6. 

I think, generally, it was pretty good for everyone for us to win as it meant the league could play up the "unpredictable" nature of it and bang up subscriptions. The media liked the fairy tale of it all and every game became a "must watch" for people around the league as everyone other than Spurs, by the end, wanted us to win it. 

However, what the top teams and league don't want is for it to happen again - or too often - and want a Top 6 to be relatively stable with competition within it. If both Arsenal and Man United to drop out of top 6 this year to be replaced by Wolves, us, Everton or someone else then they really won't like it.

Today is the last day of Alderweirelds 25m release clause. Genuinely, if we sold Maguire for 80 mill paid the release clause and gave him a 15m signing bonus.... he'd come wouldnt he?  I get that clubs have a wage structure but surely in this case players would understand the motivation. 

We'd end up with a better cb and 40m in the bank... or am I just crazy? Obviously he would rather go to a champions league side but money talks. I get that age is a factor, but 3 years of TA would be worth 7 of dunk. 

Edited by Lambert09