Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

11 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Because you're here acting like a smug ****.

Your club represents everything wrong with football, your fanbase is 98% tourists and your squad consists entirely of ***** in the absolute sense of the word. If any team threatens to replace you as you clutch to the remains of your crumbling, shitty legacy you just use the endless Chinese millions to ruin their preseason and weaken their team.

I absolutely ****ing despise your club and wish nothing but misery on it.

Okay... Now, why don't you tell us how you really feel about it? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

That ''joke'' wasn't funny the first time around, Don't take your anger out on me, Because you dislike us for some reason. 

We dislike you because you are a bunch of self entitled tw@ts that think you can rock up at any club and cherry pick players and expect to pay fvck all for them.

It aint happening here.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

We dislike you because you are a bunch of self entitled tw@ts that think you can rock up at any club and cherry pick players and expect to pay fvck all for them.

It aint happening here.

They don’t like it is all. Makes them feel vulnerable, normal. Perhaps they are beginning to realise that the gold leaf is flaking away revealing the turd pile beneath. Reality is a bitch. 

If Maguire really is pushing for it then the club may as well try and get as good a fee they can in the next few days and let him go. That will give you time to sort a replacement. 

It's sad but true, players have the power nowadays. Once they decide they want out it's fruitless trying to hold out. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Thanks, I thought Hull would get something if he does leave. 

For clarity, 15% of the profit.

And much as I don't think you're really contributing much, I'm not going to say things like 'we hate you because...', as one or two have done. I'll speak for myself and not assume everyone agrees with me.

To be fair to @Thecarrickfan I was living in Manchester when we won the league and there was a lot of goodwill from both the blue and red sides of Manchester - they preferred us to win the league than Arsenal, Tottenham, and the opposite side of Manchester!!

However although I’m completely biased (and odds are that Man U will still finish in the top 6 this season) I can’t see why Maguire would want to swap the chance to be part of something really special with City this season as opposed to being almost solely responsible for Man U’s defence, getting sh!t from the prawn sandwich brigade if he makes a single mistake, and being part of what appears to be a divided and dysfunctional dressing room.

Maybe his head is made from a slab if he goes...

The long negotiation is about to give the white smoke: Harry Maguire is getting closer to Manchester United, the deal is closing. The Leicester defender has always made clear his desire to move to Manchester, so much so that today he has not even presented himself to the Foxes training sessions. His will is being respected, his transfer to the Reds is in fact being defined.

10 minutes ago, car1os said:

To be fair to @Thecarrickfan I was living in Manchester when we won the league and there was a lot of goodwill from both the blue and red sides of Manchester - they preferred us to win the league than Arsenal, Tottenham, and the opposite side of Manchester!!

However although I’m completely biased (and odds are that Man U will still finish in the top 6 this season) I can’t see why Maguire would want to swap the chance to be part of something really special with City this season as opposed to being almost solely responsible for Man U’s defence, getting sh!t from the prawn sandwich brigade if he makes a single mistake, and being part of what appears to be a divided and dysfunctional dressing room.

Maybe his head is made from a slab if he goes...

This is the part I think he was alluding to with his 'Players' tweet to the Maddison and Chilwell kick about. 

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If Maguire really is pushing for it then the club may as well try and get as good a fee on the next few days and let him go. That will give you time to sort a replacement. 

It's sad but true, players have the power nowadays. Once they decide they want out it's fruitless trying to hold out. 

I agree with the sentiment regarding player power and the good point that the sooner it's sorted the better but I cannot accept the need to lower his price. I don't think the price is unreasonable when you factor in the inflation on the market since Van Dykes fee was set. Maguire is a defender who can contribute well to defensive shut outs against the very best and is also a CB who can not only bring the ball out well but can take on and dribble past opponents. There is no precedent for that, he's unique (Stones is similar but f***s it up one in three times). We will not be able to replace him like for like, the best thing we could do is as with the Mahrez money spread it between two or three positions, Dunk or Tarkovski plus Zaha perhaps? We need every penny of our proposed fee, Utd can afford it. It's in their interests to not take it to the wire and potentially miss out, do they really not rate him enough to find that extra £10 million or so? Of course they're looking out for their own interests but if they don't feel he's worth what we're asking it doesn't really tally with the importance and priority they've put on him, regular England international set to be a regular in their side for many years to be on a long contract with a huge salary. They're using the media to put pressure on Harry and in turn us in order to get him at a lower price, almost hoping Man City come back and outbid them!

Here's to the new order of things next season where we both finish above Arsenal and yanited cha cha cha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

bull horns GIF

Nice selective quoting there. 

@Thecarrickfan's quote was in response to someone saying how much they hate his club and would basically like to trample on it's grave or words to that effect.

Like I said, he's been OK in the face of some provocation.

• Like 1