Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

16 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

If we do that, we're an Evans injury away from having 2 completely unproven youngsters at the back or Wes being first choice again.

We'll need a solid replacement.

The real point I was making is, I hope we do not spunk money on anyone from Brighton or Burnley. Crap value and no better than we have.   What was the point buying Soyoncu and Benkovic?  Agree that Wes is not an option.

BTW ;  What do we do if Vards gets a serious injury?    No different to Evans scenario you mention?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

So as a business transaction

We receive £80m

We pay.

Lewis Dunk £45m

Hull 15% £12m

Fee paid £17m

we benefit by £6m and lose the best English Central defender for the privilege.....

Er, no? You do realise we don't have to pay the £17m fee again, right?

Using your estimates if we sell Maguire we get Dunk and pocket £23m, not £6m. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Hello,  haven't really been checking in with this thread as been busy. How's it going? X 

image.jpeg.d4b5b497ab630723adb1276c95a9726b.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Always a tricky one.

The club that stands to lose the most (From a footballing perspective) is us, no question. The later in the window, the more we are hit.

Do we know if Harry has categorically said he does want to go to Utd?

Sure it just have been posted, but guess I missed it amongst then "information" :blink:

I think it's fair to believe he has said he'd like to go, otherwise we'd just tell Utd to get fcuked. The club obviously consider Maguire to be professional enough to maintain his performance levels if no transfer materialises but I'd be staggered if there's bids of £60-70m let alone higher for him next summer.

Then again the club don't need the money and probably don't care, it's very amusing seeing the media, pundits and Man Utd and their fans being made to look absolute piss ants.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The real point I was making is, I hope we do not spunk money on anyone from Brighton or Burnley. Crap value and no better than we have.   What was the point buying Soyoncu and Benkovic?  Agree that Wes is not an option.

BTW ;  What do we do if Vards gets a serious injury?    No different to Evans scenario you mention?

I agree about not paying over the odds to Brighton or Burnley.

Benkovic and Soyoncu would have been long term investments- I guess the coaching staff will know if either is ready for a full season or not, but I don't think we can risk having both as first choice if Evans gets injured for a long spell.

I try not to think about Vardy getting injured to be honest lol suppose Perez will help if that happens.

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
50 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

So as a business transaction

We receive £80m

We pay.

Lewis Dunk £45m

Hull 15% £12m

Fee paid £17m

we benefit by £6m and lose the best English Central defender for the privilege.....

That’s a little bit disingenuous. We paid £17m several years ago, and have realised a good chunk of that value since by him actually playing for us.

"To be honest, most club forums are like that. Despite some of the drama queens here I think generally we're quite spoiled with the quality we have on this forum, it's reasonably level-headed (most of the time)."

Oh Lord, @Dahnsouff do you wanna break it to them that their place is far from level-headed?

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:
"To be honest, most club forums are like that. Despite some of the drama queens here I think generally we're quite spoiled with the quality we have on this forum, it's reasonably level-headed (most of the time)."

Oh Lord, @Dahnsouff do you wanna break it to them that their place is far from level-headed?

Is this a quote from "The Caf" (Shudder) ? (Seems to have some strange background/formatting, nerd I know, just confused)

33 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Currently at Kefalonia airport and this just taxied in, a load of bollox and not HM related I know but I’m just adding to the other 300+ pages.

CAC7DEBC-F2F7-4603-BB8A-46F1BF84C419.jpeg

Italian low cost airline that mate. Ours has got a different callsign. 

9 hours ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Because of Harry Maguire, If he does join us, I'll leave the forum. 

Get the deal done rudders. Fleece the mugs for as much as you can. £90m for Harry Maguire lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Currently at Kefalonia airport and this just taxied in, a load of bollox and not HM related I know but I’m just adding to the other 300+ pages.

CAC7DEBC-F2F7-4603-BB8A-46F1BF84C419.jpeg

Good, but we really need a photo of the back of a well known head to raise excitement level....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The only reason I can see why there is a delay in another bid is Man United waiting on Lukaku to go. 

Which he might not now. Inter are apparently more keen on getting Cavani from PSG. Maybe someone at Inter who is blessed with the power of sight actually watched Lukaku play and realised he's a bit shite.

Guest Danny Clender
18 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The Guess This Leicester Team thread is over 2,600

Thanks, I hadn't seen that one for a while, what a successful startup!!