Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, MGLCFC said:

I'd argue take Evans out of our back 4 and that would be of more significance in terms of weakening the defence. I am not in disagreement that Maguire would be a big loss, but our defence performs worse when Evans is not in it. Like I said in an earlier post, £80 million to £90 million can buy 2 or 3 really good players, which in essence may strengthen the team overall if the recruitment is spot on.

Our defence performs less without Evans because when we didn’t play Evans we played Wes Morgan.

That is the difference.

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Oi @LinekersApples where you at? Hope you've not gone to sleep. Rude if so. 

LinekersApples doesn't have a clue, almost as bad as Sean from Enderby. Ashley, The MightyFin and AbrasiveFox are the only sources who have said something well in advance of a development/got the story ahead of a journalist.  

Hope Maguire stays - thought at the start of the Summer he'd definitely be going but looks like it's a lot more in the balance now. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah but it’s like the same for us.

Take Maguire out of our back four and it’s massively weakened. Soyuncu and Benkovic are nowhere near Maguire’s level.

Can’t believe the revisionism here. Many on here demanding no less than 80m while in the same post saying he isn’t all that. Make your minds up lads.

Would tend to agree with this. The issue is not the loss of defensive ability, its the other side of Harry's game that would be a huge loss. His ability to move the ball forward from defence, in essence giving us an extra midfielder as he strides forward. On the flip side, I do agree that Evans is defensively as capable as Harry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Take Maguire out of our back four and it’s massively weakened. Soyuncu and Benkovic are nowhere near Maguire’s level.

Can’t believe the revisionism here. Many on here demanding no less than 80m while in the same post saying he isn’t all that. Make your minds up lads.

I agree, which is why I've wanted him to stay from the start. Couldn't care less about the £80m / £90m. The fact is that Harry is better than Soyuncu and Benko (I rate both by the way) and far better than Dunk or Tarkowski. I agree with others that Harry isn't our best player but he is among our most important and we're not going to replace him with someone who is as good in his position - no way. CBs who can bring the ball out as effectively are few and far between.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

LinekersApples doesn't have a clue, almost as bad as Sean from Enderby. Ashley, The MightyFin and AbrasiveFox are the only sources who have said something well in advance of a development/got the story ahead of a journalist.  

Hope Maguire stays - thought at the start of the Summer he'd definitely be going but looks like it's a lot more in the balance now. 

They've all got a lot of stuff wrong recently.

There are no prolific ITK's any more.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Our defence performs less without Evans because when we didn’t play Evans we played Wes Morgan.

That is the difference.

But even Evans and Morgan looked well organised. Evans is the best defender in the Club by a long way. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

It wasn't massively weakened when he missed games last season. You are massively overating how good Maguire is. Decent PL level CB, excellent bringing the ball out of defence but that's it. He's not an elite level defender at all. And Ive said this before in this thread many many pages back but he will not particularly improve Man Utds defence. Their problem is their style of play and lack of organisation and leadership at the back. The defenders they have whilst not great are not inept L2 players. Maguire doesn't lead and doesnt organise. You can tell that by the way Morgan looks crap next to him but solid next to Evans. 

I'd have sold him quite happily for 70m earlier in the window but it's late in the day now and getting a solid replacement would be difficult.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The mighty fin and abrasivefox are not that reliable? Many times they have got something wrong no ITK will get things right as things can change quickly!

• Like 1

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t think sharing stuff that may not happen is such a good thing.

But they may have info that was correct at the time, but did not come to pass. No point in getting personal with people who have the best of intentions...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Wonder if sky will be as quick with the BREAKING NEWS headline if Harry does train today. 

They only got the story yesterday because they were there as part of the open day. If he doesn't train today, the club may just keep quiet about it,

Just now, AKCJ said:

No they didn’t and no he isn’t.

So who is a better defender in your opinion. By the way I'm talking about their ability to defend and organise a defence.I have to disagree with you regarding Morgan and Evans. Morgan and Maguire were far more suspect than Evans with either of the other two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

There’s a few of these knocking around.

2D47C59C-A254-4528-B654-70F04B3C4C00.jpeg

Predictably I guess. On more interesting topics, has there been any movement on RW or AM that we may or may not be looking for?

(See, some of us still love you :wub: )