Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

22 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Makes you wonder what the media is trying to achieve

Making money through advertising. 

There are more United fans than anyone else in the world, they're just pandering to them. 

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

19:03

MAGUIRE TO COST UNITED £90M

Manchester United will have to pay £90m if they want to sign Harry Maguire from Leicester, one source has told Sky Sports News.

Talks are continuing between the two clubs, however, we understand that they remain well apart in their valuation of the player.   
Maguire didn’t take part in Leicester training today.

As we told you a fortnight ago on SSN, Maguire has informed Leicester he wants to leave before the window shits on Aug 8.  
Maguire remains United boss Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s No 1 transfer target.

Fixed

29 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Top comment page 299.

Ha.  Yes I see.  Apologies.

There must be a joke about repeating on yourself somewhere but I will let it lie.

It's not the first post in this thread to be repeated though.  We've had 300 pages of basically the same thing.

• Like 3

Just now, murphy said:

Ha.  Yes I see.  Apologies.

There must be a joke about repeating on yourself somewhere but I will let it lie.

It's not the first post in this thread to be repeated though.  We've had 300 pages of basically the same thing.

Yeah.

The biggest repeated joke so far in this thread for about 3 weeks is "It's done!!!......... Psych." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have a feeling that this transfer Saga is going to be thrown a curve ball..

I get this feeling a team not yet involved will come in with an acceptable offer.

Real Madrid to come in with a £120 million of the Pogba money for Harry, so we can both fuch United off! 

• Haha 1

I can't help it.  I have to have another go and then I'll sod off.

I have the opposite problem to Harry.  I've been suffering with constipation which is annoying because I've been trying to do my tax return today.

In the end, I worked it out with a pencil.  

Ta ta.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

Tired of The Sun and SkySports. ****'em all

Imagen

What an absolute disgraceful article!! Does a player who is furious comment on a tweet by one of the players. Also, we fully know that the players have full respect of Top and the family, so the bit about not being  happy that " Top is being awkward" is a load of bull as well. 

Also, why is it Leicester being awkward? Man Utd are the ones messing about. We set the price early, they know thst, we've shown we are no pushovers, yet it is they who continue to be 'arkward' because they are the ones who are not meeting our valuation. But that doesn't get reported does it? And how come this had been so public? I can definitely say it wouldn't be from Leicester's end. And I'd be furious with Man Utd for putting this so much in the public arena. 

Rant...over

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

I don't know why the media want this to happen so much. If it was the case that he would make United able to compete with Barcelona and Real Madrid and be our (Englands) strongest hope for Champions League glory then yeah I'd understand that from a nationalistic angle but last year with three out of four semi finalists and an English winner we showed our clubs are not chasing those formerly heady heights anymore and United are five or six players short of that level still. 

Surely a top 8 or 9 where Wolves, Everton and ourselves are just as likely to qualify for the Europa league as Arsenal would be a much more interesting proposal and "product" than the existing "which four out of the six clubs will make the Champions League". At this rate Palace will be without their special talent in Zaha, Everton will miss Gueye and we'll find it a little harder to get results against the top sides, why wish and hope for that just so you can act like a five year old who's had too many fizzy drinks over the huge huge fee and the big name club? The only positive thing is that some of the money stays in the English game, that a championship club get a windfall in an age where so little money trickles down and that we are likely to reinvest the fee with clubs like Brighton or Burnley possibly benefitting.

If they (Sky in particular) deny wanting this then they are certainly facilitating it by filling in all the gaps that an illegal approach would usually involve. There is a price at which the deal can occur, they are unwilling to pay, that should be the end of it but no, they've moved on to the plan B, unsettle the player and leave him in a state where he'll be of less use his the existing club and then remind them of your offer. We don't want to lose him but the best way would have been for Utd to agree to pay our valuation on day one of the window. He may have an agreement to be kept informed etc but all this media bulls**t with United representatives having their internal conversations quoted where they know Harry or at least his agent will read / hear them is just a thinly disguised campaign of unsettlement.

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I don't know why the media want this to happen so much.

Because it'll will give them a shit ton of stuff to write about for a bit. Hell they've probably got articles and opinion videos all written and recorded, all just waiting for the confirmation and voilà. Millions of people going to the websites and buying the papers. Manufactured news is a thing and tabloid journalism is where it mainly comes from. As long as they get the buys or clicks for advertising revenue. 

• Like 1