Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah but it’s like the same for us.

Take Maguire out of our back four and it’s massively weakened. Soyuncu and Benkovic are nowhere near Maguire’s level.

Can’t believe the revisionism here. Many on here demanding no less than 80m while in the same post saying he isn’t all that. Make your minds up lads.

I'm really not so sure it is, defensively we're only an above average team and we don't win football games by pinching 1-0 wins and being pragmatic. If and when Maguire goes I'd be surprised of it results in us conceding ma y more goals. He is very good at defending set pieces but I think Evans organises a box just as good, if not better than him.

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

So who is a better defender in your opinion. By the way I'm talking about their ability to defend and organise a defence.I have to disagree with you regarding Morgan and Evans. Morgan and Maguire were far more suspect than Evans with either of the other two.

If the only criteria of a good defender is the ability to defend and to organise a defence then Morgan is our best defender by a long way.

Trouble is his legs have completely gone.

Our all round best central defender is Harry Maguire and that's why he's touted for a world record transfer fee.

17 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

LinekersApples doesn't have a clue, almost as bad as Sean from Enderby. Ashley, The MightyFin and AbrasiveFox are the only sources who have said something well in advance of a development/got the story ahead of a journalist.  

Hope Maguire stays - thought at the start of the Summer he'd definitely be going but looks like it's a lot more in the balance now. 

Isn’t Ashley 50/50 also ?

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

But they may have info that was correct at the time, but did not come to pass. No point in getting personal with people who have the best of intentions...

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. If you share something that may happen, fair enough, but how can you share something that may not happen. It’s like me saying, I’ve got a bit of info for you,, that car might not crash or I’ve got a bit of info for you,, Wes morgan might not move to Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Thecarrickfan said:

He looks good in a United shirt to be fair to him. 

Not so sure - he looks quite cross at the thought

Image result for red hulk

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Many on here demanding no less than 80m while in the same post saying he isn’t all that. Make your minds up lads.

I don't see these two as contradictory.  I think that the move will strengthen Man Utd more than it will weaken us, and since we are looking to challenge them this season, its only right that we hold out for big money.

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. If you share something that may happen, fair enough, but how can you share something that may not happen. It’s like me saying, I’ve got a bit of info for you,, that car might not crash or I’ve got a bit of info for you,, Wes morgan might not move to Arsenal.

Eh? Isn't something that may happen and something that may not happen, the same thing?! 

Utd are really banking on the fact that they think Maguire is going to hand in a transfer request and force the move - if he really wanted it I imagine he would have gone and done that by now.

I imagine he's in a place of if it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't - either way the interest in him won't disappear, he'll get his move sooner or later.

If I were the club though i'd be thinking of going after Sky, they have purposely tried to unsettle our player all summer.

• Like 2

We don’t have any money in our bank account for a player who is only for sale at a certain price.

I didn't think it would be happening (based on discussions with staff and other agents) but his agent being in Manchester on the day he’s off sick which was also our media day.... is a tad worrying. 

Club certainly didn’t tell him to stay away as some suggested yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Is Laurie Whitwell the only reliable journo from our side that has said anything about this? Despite the clickbait headline it's the only source I'm trusting on this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7297415/Harry-Maguire-calls-SICK-Leicester-training-continues-push-Man-United-move.html

I know the fella personally and he often leans on other journos for his info. So wouldn’t take as gospel, particularly as he’s no longer based in the Midlands 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

We don’t have any money in our bank account for a player who is only for sale at a certain price.

I didn't think it would be happening (based on discussions with staff and other agents) but his agent being in Manchester on the day he’s off sick which was also our media day.... is a tad worrying. 

Club certainly didn’t tell him to stay away as some suggested yesterday. 

They did agree to it in the morning though.

• Like 1