Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

18 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The only reason I can see why there is a delay in another bid is Man United waiting on Lukaku to go. 

Don’t see why, Utd make 600 million a year and don’t need to worry about ffp, unless I s purely down to squad size and they have to get rid to make room although I’d have thought it would have been better to sell a couple of their current centre backs, lukaku does score a few goals and can always be a threat, who are they replacing him with.

54 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I agree about not paying over the odds to Brighton or Burnley.

Benkovic and Soyoncu would have been long term investments- I guess the coaching staff will know if either is ready for a full season or not, but I don't think we can risk having both as first choice if Evans gets injured for a long spell.

I try not to think about Vardy getting injured to be honest lol suppose Perez will help if that happens.

In Brendan we trust.  :fc:

39 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He wasn’t last season mate. Deary me. He was behind Vardy, Pereira, Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Evans and Schmeichel in performance terms.

I’m hoping that if he does sign for you, with the higher line you tend to play at the back, his lack of pace will be exposed by Vardy when we play you. One thing for sure, Maguire alone isn’t going to fix the problems at Old Trafford. 

Couldn't disagree more to be honest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He shouldn't have included Schmeichel tbf but not sure how you can argue much with the rest. 

That's not even a criticism really it's just those others were very good. 

Maguire is a good player but he wasn't at his absolute best last year. 

I believe he may be one of a number of contrarians that we have amongst us :)

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He shouldn't have included Schmeichel tbf but not sure how you can argue much with the rest. 

More about his second paragraph, but i'd say that over the course of the season he was better than Ndidi. 

Man United's defence is improved drastically the moment Maguire walks into it. A back four of Wan Bisakka, Lindeloff, Maguire and Shaw is very, very good. Put Smalling or Jones in the place of Maguire and it's shit.

Not going to sit here and pretend he isn't a ****ing excellent centre back just because there's a good chance he's off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He certainly wasn't one of our best players, and as much as I would like him to stay, we need to rinse Sky Utd for as much as possble.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Couldn't disagree more to be honest.

If Man U had done any scouting, they'd have seen the following in the last six months:-

• A first half horror show at Wolves 
  • A great performance at Anfield
  • Palace sticking four past him
  • Sent off against Burnley
  • Not particularly great games against West Ham and Newcastle. 
  • Then ran around a bit against Netherlands in the Nations League

He had a real mixed season. There is far better value in the market for Man U but there appear a complete cluster**** behind the scenes. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It is indeed... Our favourite other forum :frusty:

Righto - in that case, I can say with a sense of experience that I have never encountered such a hive of scum and villany - or maybe thats some other similar place I hae visited :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FWIW, I'd take Ricardo, Chilwell and Evans over Lindeloff, WB and Shaw, personally. 

Chilwell > Shaw is obvious. One plays for England, the other is 3rd choice.

Ricardo > AWB currently, although AWB has Potential(I reckon this'll stagnate at United, personally. He looked poor for the u21s). Ricardo is far better going forwards, AWB probably edges it defensively.

Evans = Lindelof. Pretty even tbh.

I'd say we pretty comfortably have the better defense, even if you compared both sides including Maguire. They have a better keeper (although he was relatively crap last season) but we have better defensive midfielders.

Edited by Xen

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FWIW, I'd take Ricardo, Chilwell and Evans over Lindeloff, WB and Shaw, personally. 

Yeah but it’s like the same for us.

Take Maguire out of our back four and it’s massively weakened. Soyuncu and Benkovic are nowhere near Maguire’s level.

Can’t believe the revisionism here. Many on here demanding no less than 80m while in the same post saying he isn’t all that. Make your minds up lads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Take Maguire out of our back four and it’s massively weakened. Soyuncu and Benkovic are nowhere near Maguire’s level.

Can’t believe the revisionism here. Many on here demanding no less than 80m while in the same post saying he isn’t all that. Make your minds up lads.

He isn't all that , but why should that stop us rinsing them silly.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd argue take Evans out of our back 4 and that would be of more significance in terms of weakening the defence. I am not in disagreement that Maguire would be a big loss, but our defence performs worse when Evans is not in it. Like I said in an earlier post, £80 million to £90 million can buy 2 or 3 really good players, which in essence may strengthen the team overall if the recruitment is spot on.

• Like 4

LinekersApples doesn't have a clue, almost as bad as Sean from Enderby. Ashley, The MightyFin and AbrasiveFox are the only sources who have said something well in advance of a development/got the story ahead of a journalist.  

Hope Maguire stays - thought at the start of the Summer he'd definitely be going but looks like it's a lot more in the balance now. 

• Haha 1