Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Agreed, timing is more important than 20million in my view.  If we sell now I would consider it failed strategy.

Fancy there is more than transfer strategy involved in every transfer window. Very complex time would be my guess.

3 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

At what point of the transfer window did Drinkwater go to Chelsea? 

After the window closed. They had to apply for a few hours’ extension to complete it, but didn’t run into the same issues as Silva due to it being a domestic transfer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richieboy said:

Maguire from reports is losing patience with the club. i assume losing patience with Man U because it seems they have known all along how much Leicester want and keep stalling on the amount and either wont or don't want to pay what Leicester want. If they wont pay then tough he stays. 

Not sure why he’s losing patience with us. He’s aware of the terms that need to be met for his transfer. The interested parties haven’t met those terms. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, brucey said:

After the window closed. They had to apply for a few hours’ extension to complete it, but didn’t run into the same issues as Silva due to it being a domestic transfer.

Cheers, I knew it was late but not that bloomin late and left us short. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

When you do the math it might not make economic sense. Let's assume we sell Maguire late in the window, and do not have time to secure a replacement (and get him up to speed) until next summer:

Based on @Xen

80m - 17m = 63m profit. (The £17m is ours to keep)

15% of 63m = 9.45m sell-on fee to Hull

80m - 9.45m = 70.55m into Leicester's coffers.

Then let's say the difference in keeping Maguire vs losing him is finishing 6th vs 10th (My personal assumption):

Prize Money 

6th - £28.5million

10th - £20.9million

Difference = £7.6million

So £70.55M

Reduced by £7.6M in prize money (6th vs 10th place finish)

= £62.95M

Facility Fee (money earned from # of TV matches)

Big 6 clubs host more TV games than other 14 clubs, regardless of what happens in the table, but each additional TV appearance was worth about £1.13M. Let's assume Leicester are on TV 4 more times minimum = £4.5M

£62.95M

Reduced by £4.5M in Facility Fees (6th vs 10th place finish)

£58.45M

Europa League

Finishing 6th would qualify us for the group stage:

Participation Bonus €2.6 million (Guaranteed) for each 40 teams who play in the group stages
Performance Bonus  €570,000 for every win & €190,000 for a draw
Group Stage Bonus €1 million to group winners and €500,000 for group runnerups

At minimum, we'd be looking at £2.3M just for showing up and losing each game of the group stage. At best, we'd make £6.43M for winning the group (and each game).

If we continued a run through the Europa League, it would be possible to win up to £20-30M in the competition.

But let's just be conservative, and say we won £5M in the Europa League, including the prize money, the ticket sales, the extra merchandise, etc.

£58.45M

Reduced by £5M  in Europa League money

= £53.45

So that £53M is what we'd have to spend to replace a premier league, international team quality centerback. Meanwhile, we just wasted a year of having Maddison, Vardy, Tielemans, etc. all under a manager like Brendan Rodgers. 

I get your logic and like it when someone breaks down their argument like this but I have to disagree with you (except with your last sentence). It’s not all about the finances involved in transfer fees. IF keeping Maguire is the difference between us qualifying for Europa League or not then having European football could be what keeps him and others linked with moves away at the club and makes them believe that they can truly develop here. It would also enable us (with the help of the new training ground and stadium expansion) to attract players of the ilk of Youri Tielemans to the club. It’s one thing having enough money left over from any Maguire deal to buy “a Tielemans and 2 Evans” or whatever but those players actually wanting to come here would be less likely. We all know a big part of Tielemans joining permanently was because he knew from having been inside the club for a period that the ambition was genuine and he could achieve what he wanted to here. Besides Evans also isn’t really worth £3m despite that being what we paid for him. You get a League one defender for that price. It would also be a bad message if we are saying our key players are ready to be cherry picked by the top 6. We’re serious about our ambition so we should not sell him especially at this stage of the window

1 hour ago, richieboy said:

Maguire from reports is losing patience with the club. i assume losing patience with Man U because it seems they have known all along how much Leicester want and keep stalling on the amount and either wont or don't want to pay what Leicester want. If they wont pay then tough he stays. 

Tyre kickers 

• Haha 1

Just now, Silva Fox said:

The report claims that the United are willing to spend €50m (£46m) on Umtiti, although Barcelona's asking price is €60m (£55m).

Sounds familiar! lol

I know right! Just pay someone the asking price, you prize plums

Play this right and he could be at man city next season and win things. He should stay for now and then next season take that step up . Man United are not that next step and won't be for the considerable future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

Harry Maguire

2 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Cockwomble ???

Could his (the guy with the Utd shirt on before any smart-arses reply!) name not just be Maguire lol. It's not much of an uncommon name...!

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could his (the guy with the Utd shirt on before any smart-arses reply!) name not just be Maguire lol. It's not much of an uncommon name...!

I hope his name is Maguire and Harry goes man city.might want to leave his shirt at home then.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Possible, but he also has a number 5 on his back, so you would think it's a Harry shirt.

I hope so anyway.

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Could be a load of rubbish but a coworker reckons he has a mate who works in United's medical staff and that he's heard the hold up is how much cash up front we want. Apparently we want £80M with £72M up front.

No idea if my coworker is winding me up because he's a United fan, but there you go.

He’s winding you up