Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

16 minutes ago, Albert said:

He’s a 1st choice England CB that we’ve got tied down to a 4yr contract. We've put ourselves into a position of power that allows us to demand such ludicrous figures! This shows how well the club is being run

Do we need to sell Maguire to fund the likes of Tielemans etc?

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Do you really think Maguire is even close?

Mahrez goes down as one of the greatest Leicester players of all time. Maguire frankly doesn’t enter into that equation.

What Man City do to players is none of my concern. They hoard signings because they can. 

It’s time the EPL did something about that. Restrict the number of over 21s that can be owned by a single club.

19 minutes ago, Albert said:

He’s a 1st choice England CB that we’ve got tied down to a 4yr contract. We've put ourselves into a position of power that allows us to demand such ludicrous figures! This shows how well the club is being run

And if he really wants to go then he has to forgo his loyalty bonus’ etc by asking to leave ........ all clubs set the asking price high for a player who hasn’t asked to leave because they know his value will drop once he puts a request in ...... 

if maguire wants to go then I think we will eventually get around 75m on the back of a transfer request and we save ourselves a few mill on top of that 

fundamentally, Brendan wants to keep him for next season ......... we need to get benko and Calgar bedded in further ......

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It’s time the EPL did something about that. Restrict the number of over 21s that can be owned by a single club.

You can only name a squad of 25.  What clubs do with their money is up to them, as long as they stay within the FFP demands ......

you could limit the the number of loans out which clubs can make which I think would be more effective as a deterrent .....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You can only name a squad of 25.  What clubs do with their money is up to them, as long as they stay within the FFP demands ......

you could limit the the number of loans out which clubs can make which I think would be more effective as a deterrent .....

I understand the 25 squad limit, I was talking about the total number of players under contract (in the squad or on loan). Limiting the number of players on loan is similar/the same.

Edit:

I also wish that the FA would make it a general rule that any player not having a reasonable amount of recent first 11 match time for their club automatically loses their place in the England squad. Of course I don’t expect any of these things to happen as the FA and EPL don’t want to risk upsetting the top clubs for financial reasons.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I understand the 25 squad limit, I was talking about the total number of players under contract (in the squad or on loan). Limiting the number of players on loan is similar/the same.

Edit:

I also wish that the FA would make it a general rule that any player not having a reasonable amount of recent first 11 match time for their club automatically loses their place in the England squad. Of course I don’t expect any of these things to happen as the FA and EPL don’t want to risk upsetting the top clubs for financial reasons.

A salary cap like premier league rugby, then you might have a level playing field

18 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

A salary cap like premier league rugby, then you might have a level playing field

Good idea in principle. It would stop top talent playing in the PL rather than spread it over the league. Ultimately lowering the appeal of the Premier League brand and potentially reduce the TV money for the PL. As a business, they won’t do it. The FA being what it is, won’t put sanctions like that on the PL either. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

Ooh, "too expensive" for Man City again, just like Mahrez. Since the price is so high, and there are so many equally good centre backs they could buy for less money, perhaps they could just **** off and buy them instead? This isn't Pep Guardiola's B&M bargain signing bin, pump some more oil out the well and pay the going rate or piss off, we don't want to sell. We ought to report the creepy cardigan willy puller for tapping up, that's what scared Liverpool into paying a proper price for Van Dijk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest bss9401
6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Straight swap with Foden would do, but he would not come anyway and they would not accept it.

As much as I'd like to have Foden here I think he'd be benched behind Ndidi,  Tielemans and Maddison. 

1 minute ago, bss9401 said:

As much as I'd like to have Foden here I think he'd be benched behind Ndidi,  Tielemans and Maddison. 

Maybe, but serious potential there. He would become consistent 1st team here, far quicker than at Man City.

Just to repeat - he would never come for lots of reasons.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe, but serious potential there. He would become consistent 1st team here, far quicker than at Man City.

Just to repeat - he would never come for lots of reasons.

I think Pep has done really well actually in gradually bringing him into the first team squad during the past couple of years, considering the number of players that he is competing against. He definitely won't be going anywhere else - he's getting big first team matches at the best team in the country. 

• Like 1

More and more Harry looks like England’s best CB to me.  He offers a mix of aerial dominance, ball carrying and long passing that (statistically speaking) is unique among CBs  in Europe.  The Blue Moonies seem to think those are the things Pep is looking for.  His analysts will know, nobody else is so good at all three. 

Supporters have seen Harry’s mistakes, and many judge him by them.  At CB, it’s hard to argue that “mistake proof” is not the top criterion.  But at 26, Harry has time to refine his positioning and reading of attacks.  And Pep is renowned for coaching and tweaking to improve players -- like John Stones.

This transfer could be a win-win.  But not if we just “get rid” at any price, with Hull City due a sizable cut.  Man City are as rich as Barca, and need a home-grown player.  HM appears their best fit.  I’d be happy to keep him unless they are ready to offer 75M.  I don’t think he will be worth less next January or June.

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Solid £5m addition to the asking price from Harry today. Mind you, I took £5m off after the Holland game. As you were...

Could add a bit more now he's a proven penalty taker.:scarf:

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

More and more Harry looks like England’s best CB to me.  He offers a mix of aerial dominance, ball carrying and long passing that (statistically speaking) is unique among CBs  in Europe.  The Blue Moonies seem to think those are the things Pep is looking for.  His analysts will know, nobody else is so good at all three. 

Supporters have seen Harry’s mistakes, and many judge him by them.  At CB, it’s hard to argue that “mistake proof” is not the top criterion.  But at 26, Harry has time to refine his positioning and reading of attacks.  And Pep is renowned for coaching and tweaking to improve players -- like John Stones.

This transfer could be a win-win.  But not if we just “get rid” at any price, with Hull City due a sizable cut.  Man City are as rich as Barca, and need a home-grown player.  HM appears their best fit.  I’d be happy to keep him unless they are ready to offer 75M.  I don’t think he will be worth less next January or June.

It's his positional sense that's been appalling this season

• Like 2