Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We will not get £90m. We wanted £90m for Mahrez and got £60m, and he was frankly twice the player Maguire is. 

They’ll do what they did before, low ball, destabilise the player and make it so that we just want to get rid! We’d end up getting £65m and some add ons at best i’d wager.

But £65/70 million is still a major profit from what we bought him for.  

As much as we don't want to sell, it's a lot of money that we could use in other places 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Hazard has one year left 

we don’t want to sell ...... that’s why we’ve valued him at a price no one will pay .....if he had looked like VVD the other night then pep might think about it but he is way short of VVD’s defensive ability 

Very true, it's a similar thing to Mahrez. But Maguire is in a position they actually need to improve on. 

Unless they go else where, I can see is getting 70mill plus.

Assume Mahrez winning the league probably activated some bonuses for us.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But £65/70 million is still a major profit from what we bought him for.  

As much as we don't want to sell, it's a lot of money that we could use in other places 

I’m not averse to it at all, I just don’t think we’ll get close to those numbers. If we do, then Brighton have as much right to ask £40m for Dunk.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I’m not averse to it at all, I just don’t think we’ll get close to those numbers. If we do, then Brighton have as much right to ask £40m for Dunk.

Honestly, with the world we're in, weirder things have happened in terms of prices

13 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Surely this transfer inflation bubble is going to burst soon? Maguire for £90 million is absolutely ridiculous. It'll get to a point where no one can afford to buy any players

It’s madness and not sustainable. 

44 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Very true, it's a similar thing to Mahrez. But Maguire is in a position they actually need to improve on. 

Unless they go else where, I can see is getting 70mill plus.

Assume Mahrez winning the league probably activated some bonuses for us.

We’re (apparently) asking for 90m

i assume this reflects the fact that we would have to pay hull 15m of that and Harry would be due a loyalty bonus which could be as much as 5m  ! 

Of course that high quote could force maguire to ask for a move in which case we save that 5mill and poss more ......

23 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Silly question but why has this topic suddenly gone popular.  Has there been some credible news?

I think someone spoke to someone who overheard someone who knows someone who knows Harry.  Harry says he wouldn't mind going to City if it was possible.

Which equates to Harry Maguire is about to sign for Manchester City for £90m.

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’re (apparently) asking for 90m

i assume this reflects the fact that we would have to pay hull 15m of that and Harry would be due a loyalty bonus which could be as much as 5m  ! 

Of course that high quote could force maguire to ask for a move in which case we save that 5mill and poss more ......

Didn't know about the latter clauses, which if true woukd make sense as to why we're asking for more.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We will not get £90m. We wanted £90m for Mahrez and got £60m, and he was frankly twice the player Maguire is. 

They’ll do what they did before, low ball, destabilise the player and make it so that we just want to get rid! We’d end up getting £65m and some add ons at best i’d wager.

And to be honest he isn't really worth more than that and certainly quite a way off the quality of Van Dyche. He is of course a certain age making him open to improvement which is why clubs will want to buy him. With a good defensive coach he could become a lot better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

And to be honest he isn't really worth more than that and certainly quite a way off the quality of Van Dyche. He is of course a certain age making him open to improvement which is why clubs will want to buy him. With a good defensive coach he could become a lot better. 

He’s English ......they need more home grown players and probably not going to buy them higher up the pitch 

43 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I think someone spoke to someone who overheard someone who knows someone who knows Harry.  Harry says he wouldn't mind going to City if it was possible.

Which equates to Harry Maguire is about to sign for Manchester City for £90m.

Oh the Ashley quote... cheers ?

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why are English players genuinely higher priced in terms of their club's transfer demand fee for their services?

Think Maguire is valued at most the same as Van Dijk cost Liverpool.

That was two years ago now.  Transfer inflation seems to grow exponentially year on year.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

That was two years ago now.  Transfer inflation seems to grow exponentially year on year.

Indeed... but he’s not as good, and I don’t think he’s as good as VVD was at Saints either. £65m if good enough, £75m great, anything north daylight robbery. But they won’t pay it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Indeed... but he’s not as good, and I don’t think he’s as good as VVD was at Saints either. £65m if good enough, £75m great, anything north daylight robbery. But they won’t pay it.

No, he's not as good, but what is VVD worth today?  Certainly more than £75m.

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Man City were willing to give us around that amount in the winter where the value of most players goes up as no one wnats to sell in winter then when it came to summer the price came back down .

plus due to man city winning the league that fee is now 70 million

Edited by Fightforever

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

not sure how you can compare the two, tbh. 

And surely if Mahrez WAS twice the player, he’d be getting a regular game?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:We will not get £90m. We wanted £90m for Mahrez and got £60m, and he was frankly twice the player Maguire is. 

Different players with completely different abilities and responsibilities. We demanded £90m for Mahrez because it was the last 48 hours of the window, we knew Man City didn’t need him, we had no time to sign a replacement and had absolutely no need to sell. £60m for a 27 year old winger is on reflection, a very good price. His resale value is only going to decline from here. 

Maguire’s 26 and as a central defender has at least another 7 years in him at this level. He’s still developing and could well hit his peak next season. We’re right to set the price at £90m - Man City won’t pay that as they don’t want to be seen as inflating the market with massive fees (instead they’ll just spend £50-60m on 19 players they don’t need). 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

not sure how you can compare the two, tbh. 

And surely if Mahrez WAS twice the player, he’d be getting a regular game?

Do you really think Maguire is even close?

Mahrez goes down as one of the greatest Leicester players of all time. Maguire frankly doesn’t enter into that equation.

What Man City do to players is none of my concern. They hoard signings because they can. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Different players with completely different abilities and responsibilities. We demanded £90m for Mahrez because it was the last 48 hours of the window, we knew Man City didn’t need him, we had no time to sign a replacement and had absolutely no need to sell. £60m for a 27 year old winger is on reflection, a very good price. His resale value is only going to decline from here. 

Maguire’s 26 and as a central defender has at least another 7 years in him at this level. He’s still developing and could well hit his peak next season. We’re right to set the price at £90m - Man City won’t pay that as they don’t want to be seen as inflating the market with massive fees (instead they’ll just spend £50-60m on 19 players they don’t need). 

They won’t pay it because he’s not worth that in a million years. We can demand whatever we want, I’m talking realistic market value.

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

A huge difference between Mahrez and Mags. Only man c wanted Mahrez.but it seems Utd City and perhaps A n other are in for Mags making our hand stronger. Also Mags has not said he wants out like Mardy arse Mahrez did.

• Like 1