Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

Probably being ambitious here but why can't he answer some of the fans', who are very diverse in opinions etc, questions on this forum?

Did it with Ian Stringer a few years back, albeit him just being a reporter, and it was successful for the forum.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Love the idea. Puel never clicked with the fans so this is a great way to address that right away. Your question is also a great one as we are all desperate for the cup!

My question would be “what is your football philosophy?” We can somewhat guess what it is but it would be great to get some examples of what he’d ideally like to achieve with us in terms of style of play. 

That’s something he’s answered multiple times already. Play high up the pitch, press, keep the ball but be attacking with it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

Why would he be? Not having a pop at you or anything and I like the guy, but he's not as good as the players being picked ahead of him. 

I get that the others are ahead of him and Tielemans made things even more complicated for him. However and based on what I saw in game (not the training), I still think that he deserves to be on the bench at least.

Edited by That_Dude

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I get that the others are ahead of him and Tielemans made things even more complicated for him. However and based on what I saw in game (not the training), I still think that he deserves to be on the bench at least.

I think Brendan, someone who sees them day in day out is better suited to decided and doesn’t need to jusfty leaving players out. 

Why is Soyunucu out?

iheanacho ? 

Etc etc , could go on all day. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

I think Brendon, someone who sees them day in day out is better suited to decided and doesn’t need to jusfty leaving players out. 

Why is Soyunucu out?

iheanacho ? 

Etc etc , could go on all day. 

Nacho's case is pretty clear. Either he ups his game or he's finished here. Soyuncu's still adapting and I can see him used soon.

Hamza played for us recently and rather well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That’s something he’s answered multiple times already. Play high up the pitch, press, keep the ball but be attacking with it

Yep you are right, it even says it in the quoted article ha ha :facepalm:lol

OK then I would ask him "What's your favourite team of all time and why?" Is he a Brazil 1970 sort of a guy, a Dutch Total Football man or a Barcelona tiki-taka lover?

Me? I'm a 15/16 vintage Leicester type of a guy :scarf:!

(Actually Dortmund under Klopp on their run to the Champions League final have been my favourite team to watch. Heavy Metal football indeed!)

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you explain away Lee Congerton's appalling failures at Hamburg and Sunderland. Also, why is he vilified by Celtic fans as well, cant all be without reason.

Genuinely didn't know that he was at HSV too. Like Sunderland, HSV have been a complete shit show in the last few years. The more I hear about this guy, the worse it gets. 

• Like 4

Does the charity shield count as a real game?

If all he does is score goals, is He still a great player?

should penalties count in a player season goals tally?

Does it count as a penalty save if they score the rebound?

On what you’ve seen so far, who is the thickest player at the club?