Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

I went on a golf trip to Algarve 25 years ago and we hired minis at Faro 4 guys ,clubs,bags it was hilarious.

One morning we came out and one of the minis was upside down on the flower bed in front of the hotel - happy days

• Haha 3

Swathe of new complaints about the club’s application to change to one of the conditions of development - which essentially prohibits us from moving in to the ground until there is work done to improve the junction. The club are claiming that COVID19 has prevented that from happening. 

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/aniteim.websearch/(S(ykxmrzq1m4b3h3bmhh3jv145))/Results.aspx

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Swathe of new complaints about the club’s application to change to one of the conditions of development - which essentially prohibits us from moving in to the ground until there is work done to improve the junction. The club are claiming that COVID19 has prevented that from happening. 

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/aniteim.websearch/(S(ykxmrzq1m4b3h3bmhh3jv145))/Results.aspx

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a4de3adf057433ffe9ee8a4184f39d8c.jpeg:revenge:

No idea about the junction but isn’t it possible to drive to the next roundabout and do a u turn ???  I mean how much longer can it make their journey ???

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No idea about the junction but isn’t it possible to drive to the next roundabout and do a u turn ???  I mean how much longer can it make their journey ???

That is a really bad junction, it does need fixing.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a4de3adf057433ffe9ee8a4184f39d8c.jpeg:revenge:

....why does everytime something happens that may or may not have put our club in a bad light, the first thing we do is to have a go at our owners!!!!

It seems it does not matter how much they give we seem to be eager to berate them for any perceived shortcomings.

The agreement for building the bridge may have been mooted but was not  a deal breaker and we cannot use thumb screws against our owners because it never came to fruition.

Down the line there will be a change to the junction with a combination of Charnwood  Borough Council and Leicester City financing the project, lets not vilify our owners because we lack the ability to appreciate and the grace to embrace what they have done..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How far is the distance between the two roundabouts ??  Ie. What is the maximum detour if you didn’t use the junction?.

But we all know people won't, eventuality people take the short cut. From the clubs point of view, they don't want a 50 million pound player hit by a lorry pulling out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry - I mean how far is the distance (Approx miles) between the roundabouts either side of the bad junction ????

I don't know, it's not an area I visit a lot. I have used that junction in the past though and it's frightening. 

I think the club have agreed to alter it, the villagers are just making sure they don't Welsh on that, which I don't think they will. 

Edited by Webbo

I drive past it to and from every game. It is a horrible junction and the slip road can only take a couple of cars (from off the fast lane). It does have the potential to cause an awful collision. There's a roundabout a few miles south but north, I cant even think. A lot longer. Although my memory is getting hazy 😔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry - I mean how far is the distance (Approx miles) between the roundabouts either side of the bad junction ????

I drive past that junction half-a dozen times a week, (normally), and there are exits off the A46 every 2-3 miles that then

necessitate navigating a few country lanes to get to Seagrave.  But when you are within touching distance of it at the junction in question, I doubt people will go out of their way.  It also begs a question of if it’s dangerous for footballers, why isn’t it deemed dangerous for everyone else? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TrentFox

The junction is not really adequate for the increase in traffic. Especially for "right turners" - either leaving the southbound A46 to access the site, or exiting the site and crossing the NB carriageway to go towards Leicester.

The next "safe" junctions each way (or grade seperated junction to give them the correct term) are far enough away for people to risk taking the short cut.

Were junction improvements part of the original planning application?

Just so I can get my bearings Is that the junction they have the speed cameras?

I have always hated those type of junctions where cars cross a dual carriageway as people take risks if sat waiting for too long.

i remember coming down the A1 past Grantham towards London direction, that’s got all these type of jct’s, a car shot past me and got about 100m ahead and then it all went in slow motion as I could see a car trying to cross from right to left, I just remember thinking fec it’s not going to make it, sure enough the car that past me collided Into the back of the crossing car and then rolled at least 3 times ending up in the ditch off to the left, the car it hit spun and end up in the lane it was trying to get too.

I stopped and got the 4 teenage passengers out the car in the ditch and got them off into the field to the side as 2 of them where in complete shock and started to wonder around so couldn’t have them walking back out onto the A1. 

Was a scary time for all and now every time I use the A1, A46 or A43 I’m like a hawk checking those jcts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Do you know the answer ???

I have done this route loads over the years, but not recently. So don’t quote me...

but I don’t believe it’s anymore than 5 minutes..

if coming from notts way, go past the sea grave turn, then next left which is the ratcliffe/sileby slip road.

back under the A46 then up the opposite side..

maybe 3 miles in total...

38 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Just so I can get my bearings Is that the junction they have the speed cameras?

I have always hated those type of junctions where cars cross a dual carriageway as people take risks if sat waiting for too long.

i remember coming down the A1 past Grantham towards London direction, that’s got all these type of jct’s, a car shot past me and got about 100m ahead and then it all went in slow motion as I could see a car trying to cross from right to left, I just remember thinking fec it’s not going to make it, sure enough the car that past me collided Into the back of the crossing car and then rolled at least 3 times ending up in the ditch off to the left, the car it hit spun and end up in the lane it was trying to get too.

I stopped and got the 4 teenage passengers out the car in the ditch and got them off into the field to the side as 2 of them where in complete shock and started to wonder around so couldn’t have them walking back out onto the A1. 

Was a scary time for all and now every time I use the A1, A46 or A43 I’m like a hawk checking those jcts.

Sounds like they had a lucky escape. The A1 is much improved now. I think Grantham to Doncaster section is almost all "motorway" standard now. The section between Grantham and Stamford still has a few dodgy junctions I think.

Any major dual carriageway where you have to cross the oncoming traffic is a real hazard in busy traffic. Especially if you have to queue in the slip lane (and beyond) to make the turn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I don't know, it's not an area I visit a lot. I have used that junction in the past though and it's frightening. 

I think the club have agreed to alter it, the villagers are just making sure they don't Welsh on that, which I don't think they will. 

Why have the club applied to remove the requirement then? 

I'd hope if the junction is anywhere near being potentially dangerous, which it sounds like it is, that the club should do all it could to avoid risks to staff. Especially given our recent history of travel related tragedy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Why have the club applied to remove the requirement then? 

I'd hope if the junction is anywhere near being potentially dangerous, which it sounds like it is, that the club should do all it could to avoid risks to staff. Especially given our recent history of travel related tragedy. 

I'll admit I'm not as up to speed on the planning aspects as some on here. I thought they just wanted to delay the changes because of the covid thing. 

It certainly does need upgrading and the club should pay. I'm with the villagers there. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Its quite a distance away, probably 2.5 miles. That junction is terrible, and its made worse by drivers who don't know/care ignoring the markings.