Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Maybe they didn't deserve to win today but over the past four years the cricket England have played merited a trophy. Plus the three performances in the three matches before today when the pressure was truly on.

Unlike many England teams, they've learned from mistakes and had a plan to dominate the game in one-day cricket. Fair play to all involved.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wait til the Ashes comes along.

Final Test. The Oval. 2-2 in the series. The decider.

England need 6 runs to win off the last ball of the final day chasing 440 after Australia's dominance in the days before. Stokes is on 94. 

Hits the ball to the outfield. Smith throws it in. Stokes runs back for the 2nd run and as he dives in for it, the ball cannons off his helmet towards the boundary, Warner can't get to it in time as he tries to stop it and the ball goes over the boundary. 6 runs on the board for Stokes and the game, no the series, won. 

Let the scenes commence!

Or a 5-0 whitewash to England and David Warner in prison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, marko said:

Penny for the thoughts of Alex Hales tonight!

He must be regretting those lines now!

Don't think we'd have seen the best of Jason Roy had Hales been in the squad.

Shame for him on a personal level though no doubt

Edited by TK95

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Right then chaps, what's your Ashes squad? Archer an absolute must. Do you pick Roy? Who keeps wicket? Who opens?

Loads of questions.

Roy definitely gets in. More so than Vince for sure. Not sure who else there may be to open or has a realistic chance of making a statement again? 

Bairstow will keep won't he?

Edited by StanSP

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Right then chaps, what's your Ashes squad? Archer an absolute must. Do you pick Roy? Who keeps wicket? Who opens?

Loads of questions.

Burns/Sibley

Roy

Root

Bairstow

Stokes

Buttler (wk)

Moeen

Woakes

Archer

Broad

Jimmy

the Roy gamble might not pay off but he’s absolutely worth a go. Archer for me should be in from the start. Toss up between Woakes and Curran - who was awesome last summer and offers good variation being a Lefty - but I’ve gone Woakes. Bloke’s had a sensational summer so far and deserves to be in. Top order could also be a bit soft but it’s the best we’ve got imo. Root has to bat 3.

Is Broad’s position in trouble? Maybe. He loves a home series against the Aussies though and he’s a very experienced player these days, which could be vital.

Cant wait though. Bring it on

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Are they not even allowed to even be sprayed by the champagne?

I remember once at a corporate works conference and there was a magician called Paul Zenan doing tricks. One of them was balancing a full pint of beer on a snooker triangle and twirling it around in the audience. A tiny drop of beer landed on a muslim guy sitting down and he stood up and went fvckin mental at Paul Zenan. Everyone was in stunned silence as the guy stormed out ranting and raging. Zenan didn't know what to do with himself afterwards. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just said on Twitter I think it should be imperative that the Ashes at the very least should be on free-to-air TV! Not every kid has Sky or the ability to watch it on there. 

Maybe at the very least Sky should make the first Test free-to-air as a means of keeping peoples interest.

As for the match itself...well, speechless.

23 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Watching the highlights on sky last night, did they leave out Stokes' miracle 6 or was it just me. (quite drunk and very tired)

Nope, I was watching that too and I'm pretty sure they did. 

Guest MattP

Never been so emotionally drained watching a sporting event.

Thought New Zealand were the better team on the day and had so much bad luck, three or four things went for us where an inch either way gives them the World Cup. Nerves really got the better of Archer in the super over as well, didn't try his slower ball once. Batsmen did brilliant to get fifteen.

The partnership between Buttler and Stokes was one of the best ever put together under such pressure.