Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What happened I was on the toilet 

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

That was so intense, interesting all the way through, and the final 4 overs were something else, and then the super over, wow, just amazing

Are you still talking about your trip to the toilet?

• Haha 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Absolutely huge that that was on freeview TV.

If that doesn't inspire a 7 year old to pick up a cricket bat then what will? Huge for the game.

Just said on Twitter I think it should be imperative that the Ashes at the very least should be on free-to-air TV! Not every kid has Sky or the ability to watch it on there. 

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Millions will have been able to watch that incredible game due to it being on free tv. 

But what a ****ing game that was.

Hats off to every player, everyone played their hearts out 

Did you see the absolute plank text into the BBC live report right near the end of the game complaining it wasn't being shown on terrestrial tv? lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Brought in to ODI's in 2011, in T20's in 2008.

I don't know, that used to happen. 

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

From the way they were talking on radio (which I admit, I was watching tennis whilst listening to this) I think this is either its first use, or one of the first few.

I'm genuinely not trying to piss on anyone's chips by the way, both teams knew the rules going in to the match and England won fair and square according to them. Congratulations. I've said before, I don't hate or wish ill on the England cricket team and I do mean that. Don't take this as my usual anti England saltiness. 

It just seems to devalue the bowlers a bit if wickets mean **** all. Surely counting wickets has more value than counting boundaries? 

I'd understand if both teams were bowled out for the same total or both completed 50 overs with the same wickets and total. 

It just seems a bit like the odds were stacked against the team that are better in the field than with the bat. 

Hats off to both teams though it was a ridiculously exciting spectacle, loads of my mates that don't even really care about sport that much let alone cricket were watching and getting seriously involved because of the drama. It was gonna be harsh on whoever lost, I do feel for the kiwis. 

Shame it's all over because its been brilliant drama the last few weeks. I didn't anticipate caring as much as I have. 

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can honestly say as somebody who has never been that fussed about cricket that that's up there with the most extraordinary bit of sport I can remember. Delighted. Winning it, especially in that fashion, is going to hook people to Cricket and that's brilliant for the game.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm genuinely not trying to piss on anyone's chips by the way, both teams knew the rules going in to the match and England won fair and square according to them. Congratulations. I've said before, I don't hate or wish ill on the England cricket team and I do mean that. Don't take this as my usual anti England saltiness. 

It just seems to devalue the bowlers a bit if wickets mean **** all. Surely counting wickets has more value than counting boundaries? 

I'd understand if both teams were bowled out for the same total or both completed 50 overs with the same wickets and total. 

It just seems a bit like the odds were stacked against the team that are better in the field than with the bat. 

Hats off to both teams though it was a ridiculously exciting spectacle, loads of my mates that don't even really care about sport that much let alone cricket were watching and getting seriously involved because of the drama. It was gonna be harsh on whoever lost, I do feel for the kiwis. 

Shame it's all over because its been brilliant drama the last few weeks. I didn't anticipate caring as much as I have. 

C'mon man. The super over is such a rare thing in cricket that a term like odds were stacked is a bit OTT. The odds marginally favour the side with the biggest hitters, granted. But in the end it would have been settled with 1 run, hardly asking for the world is it.

• Like 2