Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm genuinely not trying to piss on anyone's chips by the way, both teams knew the rules going in to the match and England won fair and square according to them. Congratulations. I've said before, I don't hate or wish ill on the England cricket team and I do mean that. Don't take this as my usual anti England saltiness. 

It just seems to devalue the bowlers a bit if wickets mean **** all. Surely counting wickets has more value than counting boundaries? 

I'd understand if both teams were bowled out for the same total or both completed 50 overs with the same wickets and total. 

It just seems a bit like the odds were stacked against the team that are better in the field than with the bat. 

Hats off to both teams though it was a ridiculously exciting spectacle, loads of my mates that don't even really care about sport that much let alone cricket were watching and getting seriously involved because of the drama. It was gonna be harsh on whoever lost, I do feel for the kiwis. 

Shame it's all over because its been brilliant drama the last few weeks. I didn't anticipate caring as much as I have. 

Remember, it's the England & Wales Cricket team Finny. You should be celebrating too. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

When we won it last ball, me and my Scottish cricket-daft missus, who booked our World Cup games down in England this summer, and who also booked us front row seats for the first two days of the Ashes at Edgbaston in a couple of weeks, danced joyfully around our lounge.

She’s been in tears about the most of post match interviews from England and New Zealand.

And then she just drove me down to the shop to get more beers, as it felt wrong to hang up my drinking gloves so early this evening.

I may stick with her...

Just like Buttler, she's a keeper mate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Let’s spare a thought for New Zealand. They absolutely more than contributed to one of the most amazing games of cricket in history, and to have lost it must be gut wrenching. 

They’ve been phenomenal this WC, playing cricket without fear and going toe to toe with the supposed “big guns” - I hope they kick on from this and come on stronger in 4 years time, they deserve all the success that they’ll go on to have I’m sure. 

But get in England! They talked the talk and walked the walk. Another team which will go down in English folk law. Amazing! 

I went to Eng v NZ in Durham.  The Kiwis in the crowd were totally good value. Entirely as I would have expected.  Proper blokes.

Fair play and hard lines.

If we can’t win the next one, they should.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Let’s spare a thought for New Zealand. They absolutely more than contributed to one of the most amazing games of cricket in history, and to have lost it must be gut wrenching. 

They’ve been phenomenal this WC, playing cricket without fear and going toe to toe with the supposed “big guns” - I hope they kick on from this and come on stronger in 4 years time, they deserve all the success that they’ll go on to have I’m sure. 

But get in England! They talked the talk and walked the walk. Another team which will go down in English folk law. Amazing! 

Boult stepping on the boundary giving us a 6, plus Stokes deflection off his bat for an extra 4 was a massive kick in the nuts for NZ, it was theirs to win with 2 overs to go

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Honestly I think that’s the best sporting match I’ve ever seen. For it to happen in the final is just magical. 

As delighted as I am for us to win it, Im absolutely gutted for NZ, what a way to lose. 

I only wish it was against the Aussies.

Felt sorry for the NZ squad but if that was the Aussies I would live on that for years.

• Like 2

Glad we won, feel for New Zealand the overthrows off the bat were just cruel.

Not going overboard though as I don't really follow Cricket that much these days. I couldn't tell you a county any of the team play for. 

I compare it to when we won the Rugby world cup, I was shopping in Aldi at the time Wilkinson kicked that drop goal.

I love football and like a lots of sports but it's only football that really counts to me.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm genuinely not trying to piss on anyone's chips by the way, both teams knew the rules going in to the match and England won fair and square according to them. Congratulations. I've said before, I don't hate or wish ill on the England cricket team and I do mean that. Don't take this as my usual anti England saltiness. 

It just seems to devalue the bowlers a bit if wickets mean **** all. Surely counting wickets has more value than counting boundaries? 

I'd understand if both teams were bowled out for the same total or both completed 50 overs with the same wickets and total. 

It just seems a bit like the odds were stacked against the team that are better in the field than with the bat. 

Hats off to both teams though it was a ridiculously exciting spectacle, loads of my mates that don't even really care about sport that much let alone cricket were watching and getting seriously involved because of the drama. It was gonna be harsh on whoever lost, I do feel for the kiwis. 

Shame it's all over because its been brilliant drama the last few weeks. I didn't anticipate caring as much as I have. 

I get your point and matches were decided by who lost the most wickets, once upon a time. I think Warne got it spot on,  England were the best team in the tournament,  but on the day New Zealand were the better team. England's victory was written in the stars from the moment Boult caught Stokes, but then stumbled onto the ropes for a 6 and capped off by Stokes getting a 6 when the ball hit his bat whilst diving in. The greatest one day game ever. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I only wish it was against the Aussies.

Felt sorry for the NZ squad but if that was the Aussies I would live on that for years.

Wait til the Ashes comes along.

Final Test. The Oval. 2-2 in the series. The decider.

England need 6 runs to win off the last ball of the final day chasing 440 after Australia's dominance in the days before. Stokes is on 94. 

Hits the ball to the outfield. Smith throws it in. Stokes runs back for the 2nd run and as he dives in for it, the ball cannons off his helmet towards the boundary, Warner can't get to it in time as he tries to stop it and the ball goes over the boundary. 6 runs on the board for Stokes and the game, no the series, won. 

Let the scenes commence!

• Haha 2