Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Hakan Çalhanoglu

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/hakan-calhanoglu-30-milyon-euro-2059282

Fanatik report Premier League sides West Ham and Leicester City are interested in signing AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu.

The Turkish newspaper says the 25 year old is also open to continuing his career in the Premier League and could leave the Serie A side at the end of the season.

It’s claimed AC Milan value Calhanoglu in the region of €30m and they will evaluate offers for the Turkish attacking midfielder this summer.

Calhanoglu has been a key player under Gennaro Gattuso in Milan but he could still leave the Serie A giants.

According to Fanatik, West Ham and Leicester City could make an offer to sign 25-year old, who is under contract until June 2021.

Both West Ham and Leicester will be looking to add to their squads for next season and it seems the player is an option.

The Turkey international has played 39 games for AC Milan this season in all competitions, scoring two goals.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hakan-calhanoglu/profil/spieler/126414

2 goals and 13 assists not bad for a left winger.

Of all the players over the years we've signed or been linked to that were supposed to be good at set pieces, this would be the first who really, really is excellent. 

Whatever else you say about his game, he strikes a ball ****ing beautifully. 

30 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No thanks. Followed him a little this season, he takes ridiculous shots that were never going in all the time instead of playing in teammates despite having the ability to do so, his freekicks are vastly overrated as he's fluked like 3 godly ones. I think he would be good as a 10 but it's not the profile of player we want. We need an inside forward who knows where the goal is.

Edit: It's the Iheanacho principle. A big club like that won't let a player go unless they're flawed in some respect.

i'm always a bit wary of getting "big players" from higher profile clubs than ourselves. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No thanks. Followed him a little this season, he takes ridiculous shots that were never going in all the time instead of playing in teammates despite having the ability to do so, his freekicks are vastly overrated as he's fluked like 3 godly ones. I think he would be good as a 10 but it's not the profile of player we want. We need an inside forward who knows where the goal is.

Edit: It's the Iheanacho principle. A big club like that won't let a player go unless they're flawed in some respect.

Like Inter with Coutinho? I appreciate your viewpoint about Hakan just think the "Nacho principle" is a bit over generalized. Besides i'm not done with Natcho yet.

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

i'm always a bit wary of getting "big players" from higher profile clubs than ourselves. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is. 

That's what our scouting department is for. That's why, if their good, they should get paid the big bucks.

I think there are good players everywhere and its not good to shut any doors. Players get lost in big clubs for all kinds of reasons.

If we're going to compete top six then we'll have to find gemstones that we can turnover and sell to finance our team.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Like Inter with Coutinho? I appreciate your viewpoint about Hakan just think the "Nacho principle" is a bit over generalized. Besides i'm not done with Natcho yet.

Oh I agree that Nacho could still come good with us, in fact I think it's quite plausible, but would you agree that we have both overpaid for him and that he has not worked out as planned? I would not seek to overgeneralise all similar situations like that, just pointing out that I see a lot of similarities between the two scenarios. He really does not function too well as an inverted forward in Gattuso's 4-3-3, although I think he would have promise playing more centrally.

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh I agree that Nacho could still come good with us, in fact I think it's quite plausible, but would you agree that we have both overpaid for him and that he has not worked out as planned? I would not seek to overgeneralise all similar situations like that, just pointing out that I see a lot of similarities between the two scenarios. He really does not function too well as an inverted forward in Gattuso's 4-3-3, although I think he would have promise playing more centrally.

I didn't know that Hakan was considered a left winger until after I watched the "YT" video. Don't know enough about tactics but have to say that in an attacking role he could play anywhere in the front six with the exception of holding midfielder. Definitely can't see him out on the wings throwing in crosses all day. He has way to much talent for that.

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

First thing I think about when I hear Calhanoglu's name is long-shots. 

One might fly in to top corner but most of the time it's wasted opportunities when other players are in better positions to build up attacks/score/pass to.

I'd rather we stick with Maddison and Tielemans (if we sign him permanently) and look for a better winger. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

The new LCFC ..... Linked with signing a player from AC Milan with 36 appearances this season, and we have fans turning their nose up!!!!!

P'ah

I'd have said the same about Van Basten, Maldini, Baresi, Gullit and Rijkard back in the day.  

• Haha 3