Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Hakan Çalhanoglu

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

First thing I think about when I hear Calhanoglu's name is long-shots. 

One might fly in to top corner but most of the time it's wasted opportunities when other players are in better positions to build up attacks/score/pass to.

I'd rather we stick with Maddison and Tielemans (if we sign him permanently) and look for a better winger

Fair point. But I'd rather we had a squad where there is real genuine competition for places. It means no one will relax because they are a guaranteed starter and we would be able to rotate the squad without losing quality. If we are to play a re more pressing game under Rodgers, then fatigue may play a part later in the season. Having a strong squad would mean he has the option to rest players without weakening the team.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Fridgechef said:

For those who cannot read that language, it says Leicester will have a scout at the Milan V Froisone game tomorrow watching Calhanoglu

And then this...

Screenshot_20190518-173658_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d2156869f7a9b10f7f9f752469a7b883.jpg

22 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

All the Milan fans want to get rid of him 

Which probably isn't a great sign when signing a 25 yo from a top club. We were warned off Ghezzal and Ward last season and CSKA fans were happy to see Musa go. You won't go too far wrong looking at the fans opinion who see these players week in week out. 

I'd much rather spend a similar amount on a player who is at a lesser club but ripping it up like Sarr. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

And then this...

Screenshot_20190518-173658_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d2156869f7a9b10f7f9f752469a7b883.jpg

Well that's just retarded. 

38 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

All the Milan fans want to get rid of him 

We're definitely signing him then, he'll go great with Rachid Ghezzal. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

When did we last sign someone where the fans were pleased to see the back of him and he turned out to be decent ????

Simpson? Can’t remember QPR fans being that bothered he was going. 

I’ve also a vague recollection that Fuchs moving on wasn’t lamented either when his contract came to an end at Schalke?

Weren’t some Leeds fans pleased to see the back of Schmeichel and thought they’d improved their keeper signing Lonerghan?

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

When did we last sign someone where the fans were pleased to see the back of him and he turned out to be decent ????

2 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Tielemans

Evans as well, bizarrely, the Albion fans wanted rid.

• Like 3