Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Hakan Çalhanoglu

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Wasn’t it said he was the best free kick taker in the world?

GEEERRRRIIIIMMMMIIIINNNNNNN!

We've already got someone who thinks he's the best..... :ph34r:

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

When did we last sign someone where the fans were pleased to see the back of him and he turned out to be decent ????

Even Huth too. We've had a knack of picking players up who weren't wanted and doubt we'll with them. Then we bought a load who actually turned out to be crap so it's evened itself out

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Must be watching his personal life considering Milan don’t play until today. lol 

Maybe it means we dispatched them on Friday but won’t arrive until today? After all, we’re using DHL these days, and that went well for KFC...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They're taking part in the art of training ground spying :ph34r:

got a good deal on a drone from Amazon. Congerton watching on his mobile from Leicester.

I like this one alot considering our current options are Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, and some bloke from a bar in Baghdad doing a Mahrez fancy dress. Barnes of those is the only one with any future 

he looks like he is just starting to find his rhythm and with a preseason he will no doubt go beast mode next season (crosses fingers). This would be a closer Mahrez type replacement than Ghezzal

ever was. he looks like he would have a long shot where most of our current bunch shy away from a shot outside the box. Also looks to have a similar passing range to Tiellmans  

1 minute ago, StevieB said:

I like this one alot considering our current options are Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, and some bloke from a bar in Baghdad doing a Mahrez fancy dress. Barnes of those is the only one with any future 

he looks like he is just starting to find his rhythm and with a preseason he will no doubt go beast mode next season (crosses fingers). This would be a closer Mahrez type replacement than Ghezzal

ever was. he looks like he would have a long shot where most of our current bunch shy away from a shot outside the box. Also looks to have a similar passing range to Tiellmans  

Hmmmm... Aside from the shooting, (and just based on that video!) he looks a lot closer to Ghezzal than Mahrez. Just seems like he's 10% shy of the speed in the build up that he'd need to play in the Prem. I suppose it may be that he's got more in his locker and can get away with 90% in Serie A, or he's positionally so aware it wouldn't be a problem. Just seems more and more front players need to be nigh-on frenetic to succeed in this league.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StevieB said:

He's a central midfielder

Regarding the AC fans not fancying him, may be that he’s just not got the right ‘chemistry’ in that side, as we’ve seen with Tielemans and some of our players at times this season, it can make a good player look poor.Could have the attributes to be exactly what we need.

Literally never seen the lad play myself though, only know he’s scored a few rockets in his time

Edited by Goober

Just now, Goober said:

Regarding the AC fans not fancying him, may be that he’s just not for the right ‘chemistry’ in that side. Could have the attributes to be exactly what we need.

Literally never seen the lad play myself though, only know he’s scored a few rockets in his time

Both Milan clubs are so erratic in recent years that it doesn't necessarily concern me if a player hasn't been unreal there. They're a pantomime. 

• Like 2

I just learned from my Milan supporting mate about our interest in this guy and found this thread... And I'm terrified! lol I watched about 8-10 of Milan's games this season since they signed my compatriot PIątek and my mate is supporting them for couple decades now I think. We both share the opinion that Calhanoglu is dog shite, mate says quote he's 'not fit to tie shoe laces of not only Milan's greats but any of their player who wore number 10'.

Honestly I've been watching the guy this half of the season especially focusing on his body language and can't remember seeing a key number 10 player of any club who would be so completely and utterly devoid of confidence while at the same time playing full 90 minutes every game! (it's a quality he shares with few other of his teammates in Gattuso's Milan team, but still... you expect number 10 to be leading by example, showing some teeth, grit, putting a shift every week etc, especialy when the quality of Serie A football fell far from the glory days of the 90s or 00s when the likes of Baggio, Savicevic, Kaka, Seedorf, Ronaldinho etc wore Milan shirt).  

He rarely, if ever, shines in a game. Too often shies away from taking responsibility, even against the teams from the lower half of the table. He's solid at ball distibution (mostly short simple passes or slow long punts to the other side of the pitch when no one is around to press him) and decent at defensive tasks but even in that regard he's no better than Wilf or Choudhury, or Mendy.

He can only put in a shift against the poorest of Serie A teams. He is prone to being a donkey (instead of creating chances for the attacking players or passing the ball he too often slows down the attacks or gets stuck in countless attempts of trying to shoot from distance in hopeless situations, which ends in row Z. And let me tell you this guy isn't any better in shooting from distance than Wilf. Don't believe any youtube videos...Silva looked like a world beater in his highlights, remember? 

His corner kicks aren't any better than Maddison's too who, to put it bluntly is IMHO better at anything football related than Calhanoglu. I'm very rarely frustrated at specific players and mostly when watching Poland games but believe me Calhanoglu has uncanny ability to make your blood boil. I'm pretty confident even Claude Puel would go berserk watching him play. Out of respect for Tielemans skills, I wouldn't even put this guys name and his in one sentence. I sincerly hope this is just one of those holiday integration trips for our staff... to get to know the people you work with better, have a taste of Italian cuisine, see all the landmarks, watch a game at San Siro and while you're at it, watch the players munching on a pizza and drinking Nastro Azzurro. I hope this isn't serious...

Short version:

:revenge: PLEASE NO! 

In fact if I was our director of football I would book myself and all our scouts a trip to Milan's best optician instead to San Siro

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I just learned from my Milan supporting mate about our interest in this guy and found this thread... And I'm terrified! lol I watched about 8-10 of Milan's games this season since they signed my compatriot PIątek and my mate is supporting them for couple decades now I think. We both share the opinion that Calhanoglu is dog shite, mate says quote he's 'not fit to tie shoe laces of not only Milan's greats but any of their player who wore number 10'.

Honestly I've been watching the guy this half of the season especially focusing on his body language and can't remember seeing a key number 10 player of any club who would be so completely and utterly devoid of confidence while at the same time playing full 90 minutes every game! (it's a quality he shares with few other of his teammates in Gattuso's Milan team, but still... you expect number 10 to be leading by example, showing some teeth, grit, putting a shift every week etc, especialy when the quality of Serie A football fell far from the glory days of the 90s or 00s when the likes of Baggio, Savicevic, Kaka, Seedorf, Ronaldinho etc wore Milan shirt).  

He rarely, if ever, shines in a game. Too often shies away from taking responsibility, even against the teams from the lower half of the table. He's solid at ball distibution (mostly short simple passes or slow long punts to the other side of the pitch when no one is around to press him) and decent at defensive tasks but even in that regard he's no better than Wilf or Choudhury, or Mendy.

He can only put in a shift against the poorest of Serie A teams. He is prone to being a donkey (instead of creating chances for the attacking players or passing the ball he too often slows down the attacks or gets stuck in countless attempts of trying to shoot from distance in hopeless situations, which ends in row Z. And let me tell you this guy isn't any better in shooting from distance than Wilf. Don't believe any youtube videos...Silva looked like a world beater in his highlights, remember? 

His corner kicks aren't any better than Maddison's too who, to put it bluntly is IMHO better at anything football related than Calhanoglu. I'm very rarely frustrated at specific players and mostly when watching Poland games but believe me Calhanoglu has uncanny ability to make your blood boil. I'm pretty confident even Claude Puel would go berserk watching him play. Out of respect for Tielemans skills, I wouldn't even put this guys name and his in one sentence. I sincerly hope this is just one of those holiday integration trips for our staff... to get to know the people you work with better, have a taste of Italian cuisine, see all the landmarks, watch a game at San Siro and while you're at it, watch the players munching on a pizza and drinking Nastro Azzurro. I hope this isn't serious...

Short version:

:revenge: PLEASE NO! 

In fact if I was our director of football I would book myself and all our scouts a trip to Milan's best optician instead to San Siro

So apart from that then he’s OK?

• Haha 4

I  took a peek at AC Milan's English forum, they seem pretty level headed about the guy, but it's hard to find anyone who would really rate him.

https://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=14528&page=41

I just don't see what quality he would add to this Leicester team. If he doesn't have confidence now when playing as a key player for Milan's side who fight for a chance to qualify for Champions League in weak Serie A, how low would his confidence be when he finds himself on Leicester's bench and playing high tempo game against motivated Premier League teams? He could be a squad player here at best, just can't picture him being better than any of our midfield regulars. If it wasn't for his confidence issues, I would mind a squad player like him, but certainly not for 25-30 million Euros (that's what his price would probably look like)

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Both Milan clubs are so erratic in recent years that it doesn't necessarily concern me if a player hasn't been unreal there. They're a pantomime. 

Mate, AC Milan are erratic because they keep signing shit like Hakan Calhanoglu. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Got flopping at west ham written all over him.

He has West Ham written all over him.

I've only watched Calhanoglu in his Leverkusen days and for the Turkey NT, and he looked one dimensional and slow. Can shoot and got a decent free kick on him but beyond that he's 5/10 in most aspects of his game. And plus he's a confidence player

Only 2 types of footballers I hate. 1) pace merchants who offers very little else like Musa and Traore and 2) confidence players who lose every ounce of ability because they "lost confidence". Confidence players are only useful when the team is winning. 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

He has West Ham written all over him.

I've only watched Calhanoglu in his Leverkusen days and for the Turkey NT, and he looked one dimensional and slow. Can shoot and got a decent free kick on him but beyond that he's 5/10 in most aspects of his game. And plus he's a confidence player

Only 2 types of footballers I hate. 1) pace merchants who offers very little else like Musa and Traore and 2) confidence players who lose every ounce of ability because they "lost confidence". Confidence players are only useful when the team is winning. 

I'm pretty sure Musa fits in to both of those brackets to be fair lol