Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Lloris and Son not happy with each other there.

Lloris has a right to be unhappy with Son there.

Plus I'd like to shove Son.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This game has been largely load of boring toss.

Don't know if even Spurs and Everton fans could defend it.

Think, generally, it has been the worse game since the season restart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Both sides feel significantly average in their play, neither have particularly done anything of interest. Spurs needing a huge stroke of luck

If it wasn’t for that shitty 20 minutes, we would have beaten Everton easily... poor side. We threw away points after the restart. Confident though after the palace game that we can get that top 4 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If it wasn’t for that shitty 20 minutes, we would have beaten Everton easily... poor side. We throw away points after the restart. Confident though after the palace game that we can get that top 4 

We had 20mins where key things went against us that basically finished the game. Look at the owngoal today, we had something similar off the line for us which flies in today 

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

“He hits Bernard, he’s four foot six” 

That line from Neville was the best part of that boring shitfest.

Yeah couldn’t Believe that got 3 centre backs up front mena is 6ft 5 And he aims for the smallest player on the pitch

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

And "Everton have to be better than this, this is boring!":jump:

When he retired from football and sky announced he would be working for them, I thought he would be annoying but for me he just keeps getting better and better, not afraid to say it how it is

• Like 1

Tottenham just seem so average.

Don't think a 'past it' manager in Mourinho can make them more competitive and powerful as a club.

Reckon even Hodgson would have achieved as much as Mourinho has there if he was in charge.

Someone like the Diego Simeone, who would probably make them more organised and potent, would be a much better fit than the current manager whose reputation has been declining a bit in recent times.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

When he retired from football and sky announced he would be working for them, I thought he would be annoying but for me he just keeps getting better and better, not afraid to say it how it is

Hes probably the best Sky have really, Carragher is ok too. Even though he is United through and through, he generally doesnt bang on about them too much.

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Tottenham just seem so average.

Don't think a 'past it' manager in Mourinho can make them more competitive and powerful as a club.

Reckon even Hodgson would have achieved as much as Mourinho has there if he was in charge.

Someone like the Diego Simeone, who would probably make them more organised and potent, would be a much better fit than the current manager whose reputation has been declining a bit in recent times.

Thing is though for me Spuds are a bang average side, they always have been. Redknapp and Poch had them punching above their weight for a long time. This is just natural order resuming, as they haven't made the continued investment needed to stay there and push on. They concentrated on building the stadium before the club were that level on the field. The only reason anyone takes any notice is because they are from London. I dont know why people get so excited by them. The big traditional long term successful clubs are Liverpool, United and Arsenal, In more recent times Chelsea. Spuds haven't wont anything for a long time and wont IMO.

The media wankfest wont hear it but really they are no better than us.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Out of interest, where do Leicester City reside in your 'natural order'?

We probably exist mid to lower top league, with the occasional relegation and promotion.

We are punching well above or weight currently, we have fantastic owners who are building the structure to (hopefully)move to the next level. We are Leicester City we won the Premier league, the natural order never has that happening!!

Until Abramovich went to Chelsea they were nothing, same with Man City in League 1 15 years back. Our owners could take us up a step if they get it right. 

The trouble for us at present is we are one bad season away from disaster so it's a massively hard task. 

I was looking at the relegation battle earlier and the remaining fixtures.

Norwich - a couple of big games against rivals but too much to do. DOWN (with 3 games to go)

Bournemouth - not many favourable fixtures and a poor run in form. DOWN (with 2 games to go)

Villa - Tough fixtures and doomed. DOWN (with 1 game to go)

Watford - some big games starting tonight, more than capable of picking up a win or two. STAYING UP (with 1 game to go)

West Ham - many simple fixtures and against rivals, will win a couple, decent side. STAYING UP (with 2 games to go)

Brighton and anyone above are not worth mentioning.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We probably exist mid to lower top league, with the occasional relegation and promotion.

We are punching well above or weight currently, we have fantastic owners who are building the structure to (hopefully)move to the next level. We are Leicester City we won the Premier league, the natural order never has that happening!!

Until Abramovich went to Chelsea they were nothing, same with Man City in League 1 15 years back. Our owners could take us up a step if they get it right. 

The trouble for us at present is we are one bad season away from disaster so it's a massively hard task. 

Thank you for the answer. I think a lot of the 'natural order' is to do with financial means, and the rest of it is perception (eg when Sky etc twat on about the big 6). If one repeats something often enough, it becomes true by force, as is shown repeatedly in our every day lives. I don't like it, but that's how it is.