Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Looking at the table, it’s interesting to see that all of the three clubs in the relegation zone - Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa - have stayed loyal to popular but underperforming managers this season.

It kind of reminds you what could have happened to us three seasons ago if Vichai hadn’t been brave enough to stick his neck out and sack Claudio...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shailen said:

Agree 100%. Sky need to sack Souness, Redknapp and Alan Smith as they offer nothing. Neville and Carragher are great together and should lead the Sky coverage more. I like Roy Keane even though I think he's putting on the hard man persona to get more viewers but it's comedy gold.

Agree, they need to bring in some younger pundits to contrast the older ones they have. But not just any big name to draw in viewers, someone who can actually comment on a style of play and add something rather than Redknapps weird comments of "he's good isn't he".

Roy Keane is amusing and does have some decent comments inbetween his weird rants. 

Neville and Carra have a nice relationship and both add decent input, I just wish they weren't given games when they can't be impartial.  

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Agree, they need to bring in some younger pundits to contrast the older ones they have. But not just any big name to draw in viewers, someone who can actually comment on a style of play and add something rather than Redknapps weird comments of "he's good isn't he".

Roy Keane is amusing and does have some decent comments inbetween his weird rants. 

Neville and Carra have a nice relationship and both add decent input, I just wish they weren't given games when they can't be impartial.  

Maybe I'm becoming a cynical old man but very rarely do the younger pundits talk any sense. 

It's like footballers got collectively thicker in the nineties. 

24 minutes ago, shailen said:

Not a fan of Micah personally as he laughs a bit too much before saying anything really. Shearer, Lineker and Wright are great together. Offer good insight and banter. 

The problem with sky is the whole love in with the bigger clubs and that's reflected in their main pundits,mainly one club stalwarts (Neville, Carragher, Henry,Keane almost).

The Match of the Day trio are often very enjoyable and Lineker is far better than he is given credit for. Has come on leaps and bounds since he started. Not quite Des Lynam but more than adequate.

What helps with Gary, Shearer and Wright is that they all played with a few clubs in England and have a greater perspective on things. All had more varied careers than what they Sky pundits had. 

Hoping Southampton can do an away smash and grab on United, Ing specials. Good side now, still an outside chance of Europe too. 

Not sure he would come here and would cost a lot but at 27 Ings would be a good signing. Plenty more goals in him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Maybe I'm becoming a cynical old man but very rarely do the younger pundits talk any sense. 

It's like footballers got collectively thicker in the nineties. 

It depends which pundits you refer to, some of the newer ones speak pure shite and you wonder how they got this far in life and are there generally for their name rather than actual ability to dissect a team. For instance Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Crouch are really interesting to listen to and actually have something to add.

Sky's issue is its weird need to pull players in from big teams, who add very little if anything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The problem with sky is the whole love in with the bigger clubs and that's reflected in their main pundits,mainly one club stalwarts (Neville, Carragher, Henry,Keane almost).

The Match of the Day trio are often very enjoyable and Lineker is far better than he is given credit for. Has come on leaps and bounds since he started. Not quite Des Lynam but more than adequate.

What helps with Gary, Shearer and Wright is that they all played with a few clubs in England and have a greater perspective on things. All had more varied careers than what they Sky pundits had. 

Yeah agreed the big club bias largely towards Liverpool and United especially is excessive.

I think Lineker is without doubt the best pundit on TV. His clever wit is incredible at times to behold and Shearer is the best analyser on TV. Very clear and thorough in his analysis. I think you're right as they've probably played for more managers and therefore more different styles of play to make those thoughtful connections. 

Just now, shailen said:

Yeah agreed the big club bias largely towards Liverpool and United especially is excessive.

I think Lineker is without doubt the best pundit on TV. His clever wit is incredible at times to behold and Shearer is the best analyser on TV. Very clear and thorough in his analysis. I think you're right as they've probably played for more managers and therefore more different styles of play to make those thoughtful connections. 

He's definitely a PUNdit...  (YSWIDT? ;) )

• Haha 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

It depends which pundits you refer to, some of the newer ones speak pure shite and you wonder how they got this far in life and are there generally for their name rather than actual ability to dissect a team. For instance Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Crouch are really interesting to listen to and actually have something to add.

Sky's issue is its weird need to pull players in from big teams, who add very little if anything. 

I’d just occasionally like to see an ex-Leicester player in the studio that isn’t Savage or Heskey, both of whom, for very different reasons, are unwatchable.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

I’d just occasionally like to see an ex-Leicester player in the studio that isn’t Savage or Heskey, both of whom, for very different reasons, are unwatchable.

Agreed, Huth seemed to do well on 5Live when I've heard him before. 

I don't think Savage is a good pundit really, he just speaks louder than the others. Didn't listen to enough of the analysis today to pass comment on Heskey. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I don't think Savage is a good pundit really, he just speaks louder than the others. Didn't listen to enough of the analysis today to pass comment on Heskey. 

Huth is a great call.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Emile just tends to state the obvious ....l