Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Quite like Southampton to be honest. Always seek to have had a decent model in terms of how the clubs run. OK they have their bad spells and never really threaten the European places but they bring some quality players through

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You have a problem with "this kneeling thing"? 

Yes, it’s virtue signalling  in the extreme. Once or twice, fair enough. But I wonder if they understand the political ambitions of BLM. I thought the FA had the kick racism out campaign, which is a worthy cause and which I wholeheartedly support. 

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

This game is a brilliant watch. Some horrific and exceptional defending, some brilliant passages of play and a load of mistakes, bodies on the line, a good tempo... excellent stuff!

Absolutely. Been a lot of good games recently now the fitness is up to scratch. Can’t believe how many people have claimed to not be interested in watching games behind closed doors. If you like football, you like football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Yes, it’s virtue signalling  in the extreme. Once or twice, fair enough. But I wonder if they understand the political ambitions of BLM. I thought the FA had the kick racism out campaign, which is a worthy cause and which I wholeheartedly support. 

We'll have to disagree then. Your comment on the "political ambitions" of BLM says a lot. 

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not offended either way, personally.

Me neither, but you surely take my point.

If a Premier League footballer refused, for whatever reason, to take the knee (like McClean and his poppy aversion), he would be roundly savaged - and probably branded a ‘racist’ - before he even had the chance to defend himself.

So the safe option - even if he is not entirely comfortable with the gesture (which, after all, is imported from America and meant nothing to most people in this country until a few weeks ago) - is to keep his thoughts to himself, stay quiet and conform.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

If a Premier League footballer refused, for whatever reason, to take the knee (like McClean and his poppy aversion), he would be roundly savaged - and probably branded a ‘racist’ - before he even had the chance to defend himself.

So the safe option - even if he is not entirely comfortable with the gesture (which, after all, is imported from America and meant nothing to most people in this country until a few weeks ago) - is to keep his thoughts to himself, stay quiet and conform.

Anti Racist media people are the funniest, Dizzy rascals interview with Piers Morgan the other day was classic, when Dizzy started talking about bringing everyone together he hated it.

11 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I understand the point you're making, yes. 

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

That was handball wtf Newcastle should have had a pen 

I'm amazed that nobody has said anything about this. Do we ignore it because we weren't involved? 

Its fvcking disgusting that VAR picks and chooses what it looks at.

This wouldve took 10 seconds to prove a clear and obvious error.

47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They all do. Biggest clubs are the worse for it.

You seen how many Fernandino makes for Man City... Then Pep has the audacity to moan about his players needing "protection".

Obviously the refs aren’t going to do anything about it so it will get worse, time for the players to do something about it and start rolling round feigning injury when they get touched by a player trying to stop a counter attack

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to say out of all the pundits on tv, I really enjoy listening to Lineker, Shearer and Wright talk. Micah Richards has also slotted in brilliantly, manages to describe key bits of play without making it dull. 

Not a fan of Micah personally as he laughs a bit too much before saying anything really. Shearer, Lineker and Wright are great together. Offer good insight and banter. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Not a fan of Micah personally as he laughs a bit too much before saying anything really. Shearer, Lineker and Wright are great together. Offer good insight and banter. 

I find, especially on sky, he makes the other pundits a bit more bearable. The latter trio just do punditry well and are great to listen to. I can't imagine many wanting to listen to Redknapp/Cole/Souness on a podcast as you would lineker, shearer and Wright. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I find, especially on sky, he makes the other pundits a bit more bearable. The latter trio just do punditry well and are great to listen to. I can't imagine many wanting to listen to Redknapp/Cole/Souness on a podcast as you would lineker, shearer and Wright. 

Agree 100%. Sky need to sack Souness, Redknapp and Alan Smith as they offer nothing. Neville and Carragher are great together and should lead the Sky coverage more. I like Roy Keane even though I think he's putting on the hard man persona to get more viewers but it's comedy gold.