Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

That one Greenwood wasn’t great. Surprised VAR didn’t pull it up.

All Maguire and Lindelof do is hold Ings. Should be free kicks.

Should be a red for Romeu in all honesty.

But it just epitomises the different interpretations different referees have of the rules. Seen yellows, reds and nothing given for those kind of challenges.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Should be a red for Romeu in all honesty.

But it just epitomises the different interpretations different referees have of the rules. Seen yellows, reds and nothing given for those kind of challenges.

It should.

We can't say there's conspiracies in one game and then not bring that up when it's gone for us. 

No idea why the ref hasn't been asked to look at it. 

• Like 1

Just checking in - have Manure been awarded their Penalty yet?  Presume the FA want to keep them top of the table of penalties received?  

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

No idea why the ref hasn't been asked to look at it. 

All the more weirder that VAR actually checked it and thought nothing wrong at all, not even worth telling the ref to check the monitor. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I still don't rate him and think that he's riding the Fernandes wave. He never got a tune out of them until he came in. Rarely seen a player make such an impact on a team.

Hmmm...  I don’t think you can attribute everything to Fernandes. They have a super talented side anyway, he was the killer piece they needed, and three months off to mould things back together. The main thing is he’s undone Jose’s destruction of Martial, and he is looking every bit of the player that was promised. 

28 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Well on the first 19 games yeah, most of them

The funny thing is .......the season is longer than 19 games. 

The quality of a team and it's depth isn't judged on 19 games....

Just now, Pliskin said:

Hmmm...  I don’t think you can attribute everything to Fernandes. They have a super talented side anyway, he was the killer piece they needed, and three months off to mould things back together. The main thing is he’s undone Jose’s destruction of Martial, and he is looking every bit of the player that was promised. 

Of course they have the talent but they were missing that cog. I was fuming as I saw them signing him, I knew back then that it would bring them back to the top. 

Mourinho was past it and a toxic waste, so anyone after would be an improvement in the dressing room, but Martial was always like this, blowing hot and cold. He never found a real consistency throughout his career at MU and this season is no different. I'd wait for the 10-15 next games or so...

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Don't worry chaps. In the second half I reckon that De Gea will boot a goal kick straight up Maguire's ass, Ings will get on to the loose ball before being brought down for a pen which he'll convert. 2 minutes later Che Adams will walk unchallenged into Man U's box before slotting a weak shot through De Gea and into the net. Maguire will then lose his head and boot Ings in the head to see red. Southampton will then finish it off thanks to a flukey deflection off Linderlof and a second from Adams after Shaw passes straight to him. It's in the stars.

That would never happen in a match!:ph34r:

On 12/07/2020 at 02:38, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Agreed. Even if we don't make top four, it's been a bloody enjoyable season overall.

If you can't enjoy a season which has produced some of the best quality football in our history and some incredible results, then you're probably the kind of person who struggles to find happiness in many things.

I agree up until December the season was awesome, but I apologise that I havent found it fun witnessing my team do one of the biggest implosions in EPL history.

Also quality isnt just about having high possession and passing it around, we played direct in our title season and I felt we were very good quality then, that remains my favourite season, not just because we won the title but simply how we played, and the magic of mahrez, vardy, albrighton, fuchs and kante.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1