Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Who ever stays up will probably go down next season.

Potential news on next season regarding crowds.

Bad news if you have been going before 1997.. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-crowds-capacity-coronavirus-pandemic-latest-a9614751.html

I am not sure I would even be interested, especially if all games are on TV. Ask me again in 2 months though.

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am not sure I would even be interested, especially if all games are on TV. Ask me again in 2 months though.

Reported today that not all games will be on TV. 

Sky and Bt want to protect their exclusivity and the government will reinstate the 3pm ban. The expectation is that lower leagues will be playing because of the lower crowds and less capacities. 

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Reported today that not all games will be on TV. 

Sky and Bt want to protect their exclusivity and the government will reinstate the 3pm ban. The expectation is that lower leagues will be playing because of the lower crowds and less capacities. 

Its dumb to have a 3pm ban if people aren't allowed in the stadiums. If I can watch all the games I want on a match by match basis I pay for it legally.

Illegal streaming it is then:nigel:. Sometimes the powers that be are so ****ing thick!!

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Its dumb to have a 3pm ban if people aren't allowed in the stadiums. If I can watch all the games I want on a match by match basis I pay for it legally.

Illegal streaming it is then:nigel:. Sometimes the powers that be are so ****ing thick!!

40% crowds expected by September 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

40% crowds expected by September 

So around 13k in the KP.

What about the other 10k season ticket holders and everyone else with no way of watching the game? Apart from illegal streams. 

Madness, it must be televised or we should all be allowed back at our own risk. 

54 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So around 13k in the KP.

What about the other 10k season ticket holders and everyone else with no way of watching the game? Apart from illegal streams. 

Madness, it must be televised or we should all be allowed back at our own risk. 

I’m playing devils advocates here. But ultimately Sky and BT want their money’s worth. 

Dont know if I can face tonights match as it will go something like this:

- Some promising play from both sides

- Southampton having a couple of half chances as they get more into the game around 20 minutes in

- As Southampton are on top giving some hope, Man U score just before the drinks break.

- The rest of the half is non descript until Man U score in first half injury team

- In the second half nothing will happen. At all. Except for a third Man U goal around the 70 minute mark.

If United win next 3 and Chelsea fail to beat Liverpool away they will have wrapped up 3rd by the time we play them as their superior goal difference over Chelsea even if Chelsea manage a draw at Liverpool, and assuming we don't win both of our games, but even if we do they would still have wrapped up top 4 in that case, and will probably rest players for the cup final or europa league. And I'm sure they would prefer us over Chelsea in the champions league for a lot of reasons. So not all doom and gloom if they win imo. 

Edited by lcfcfoz

4 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

If United win next 3 and Chelsea fail to beat Liverpool away they will have wrapped up 3rd by the time we play them as their superior goal difference over Chelsea even if Chelsea manage a draw at Liverpool, and assuming we don't win both of our games, but even if we do they would still have wrapped up top 4 in that case, and will probably rest players for the cup final or europa league. And I'm sure they would prefer us over Chelsea in the champions league for a lot of reasons. So not all doom and gloom if they win imo. 

It’s a lovely thought, but Manchester United will look after Manchester United, nobody else. You could make the case shifting us out of the top 4 makes Chilwell/Maddison more attainable if they have a genuine interest 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Dont know if I can face tonights match as it will go something like this:

- Some promising play from both sides

- Southampton having a couple of half chances as they get more into the game around 20 minutes in

- As Southampton are on top giving some hope, Man U score just before the drinks break.

- The rest of the half is non descript until Man U score in first half injury team

- In the second half nothing will happen. At all. Except for a third Man U goal around the 70 minute mark.

Where's the Man U penalty come in? That 3rd line?