Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, FIF said:

So Southampton are the likely destination of Che Adams and for less than £15m. We don't even seem to be mentioned in articles now. That's a mistake on our part. We need a young backup striker who will not be unhappy backing up Vardy. Adams looked like a good player the last couple of years.

And Pogba is to get a loyalty payment of 3.8m on July 1. How ridiculous is that? I bet they'd like to sell him on 30 June.

I see that Manure apparently offered Martial in exchange for Bissaka. I wonder if they offered him as part exchange to us for Maguire.

I don’t think they did. After Man United offered cash & Phil Jones for Diop, West Ham counter offered wanting £60 million & Martial.

20 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Some eye wateringly high salaries in amongst these. Ozil on 350k a week for someone who turns up when he wants!?

Bellerin and Kolasinac on 110K and 100k a week is astonishing tbh 

Mkhitaryan needs fvcking off as well.

That Ozil wage really is just madness. Arsenal are run by amateurs.

6 hours ago, FIF said:

So Southampton are the likely destination of Che Adams and for less than £15m. We don't even seem to be mentioned in articles now. That's a mistake on our part. We need a young backup striker who will not be unhappy backing up Vardy. Adams looked like a good player the last couple of years.

And Pogba is to get a loyalty payment of 3.8m on July 1. How ridiculous is that? I bet they'd like to sell him on 30 June.

I see that Manure apparently offered Martial in exchange for Bissaka. I wonder if they offered him as part exchange to us for Maguire.

Thought for a while we should go for Che Adams. Looks decent, and he's a Leicester lad of course - ex Highfield Rangers.

Would have made perfect sense - probably why it won't happen.

• Like 1

Terry has extended his contract as Villa assistant. Assume after that he'll try to make the jump into management. Not a bad place to learn the trade, he'll be able to use his contacts in the game to help sign players  and his experience in aiding youngsters.

8 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Everton agreed 22m deal to sign Andre gomes on a permanent deal. Excellent business

Agreed. That's a great deal they've stuck there. Excellent player for a bargain price.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Thought for a while we should go for Che Adams. Looks decent, and he's a Leicester lad of course - ex Highfield Rangers.

Would have made perfect sense - probably why it won't happen.

14m for a promising up and coming young player from the championship who's a great goal scorer seems good business for Southampton.

We also got one called Maddison for around 22-25m last year. 

Edited by Crispin LA
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. That's a great deal they've stuck there. Excellent player for a bargain price.

He's scored one goal in his last 72 games (over two seasons), a screamer against us annoyingly. He's a bit of a luxury player that doesn't offer much in the way of effort or output. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

He's scored one goal in his last 72 games (over two seasons), a screamer against us annoyingly. He's a bit of a luxury player that doesn't offer much in the way of effort or output. 

I imagine Moutinho has a similar goalscoring record? Not the right metric to judge him on if that’s not his game. I can’t say I’ve seen too much of him but Everton fans seem to be raving about him. I imagine he’ll prove a bargain at that price

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I kind of agree but it depends who's around him scoring goals. Everton still need a proper striker, but with Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Walcott and Bernard they have loads of goals from midfield. Gomes is very efficient but he ought to chip in with a few more goals and assists. Certainly wouldn't want him instead of Tielemans, even at half the price.

• Like 1

This made me laugh, he's so right. If Wan-Bissaka is going for £60mill, whose competent at best right now. Surely Maguire is pushing £80mill, Chilwell and Maddison the same or higher.

But we'll be the ones "holding players back" even though teams such as United can 100% afford it.

Good business by Palace.  They can use those funds and the potential Zaha money to strengthen the team. They need a striker and creative player. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This made me laugh, he's so right. If Wan-Bissaka is going for £60mill, whose competent at best right now. Surely Maguire is pushing £80mill, Chilwell and Maddison the same or higher.

But we'll be the ones "holding players back" even though teams such as United can 100% afford it.

Wan-Bissaka is in the Top 5 Premier League right backs, unfair to call him competent at best

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wan-Bissaka is in the Top 5 Premier League right backs, unfair to call him competent at best

Top 5? 

No way mate. He'd touch the top 5 if you drop the age to under 21 or just English but no way at all otherwise.

He's apparently worth £55mill due to being English, young and having the potential to be huge. Could be a great deal or United could be being done, time will tell.

On 17/06/2019 at 13:14, ealingfox said:

We do not have a rivalry with Spurs.

I agree. For personal reasons I fvcking hate them. I'd love to see them go bust. Rivalry is the trees sheep and covscum. I miss us playing them and beating them. It would be sad if we lost one of them as rivalry only works if you have a rival. 

But spuds I hope a sink hole opens up and swallow shite Hart Lane before the season starts. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Top 5? 

No way mate. He'd touch the top 5 if you drop the age to under 21 or just English but no way at all otherwise.

He's apparently worth £55mill due to being English, young and having the potential to be huge. Could be a great deal or United could be being done, time will tell.

Who's better? Walker, Trent, Ricardo, and? 

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Who's better? Walker, Trent, Ricardo, and? 

Excluding this shit season you could put Trippier up there.

Azpillicueta has been solid for Chelsea, Coleman is still pretty decent for Everton and same goes for Doherty at Wolves. 

Wan-Bissaka is a good player, but is still young and needs experience before you chuck him up there as a top 5 prem right back. He's being banded at that price due to his age, nationality and being decent. 

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Excluding this shit season you could put Trippier up there.

Azpillicueta has been solid for Chelsea, Coleman is still pretty decent for Everton and same goes for Doherty at Wolves. 

Wan-Bissaka is a good player, but is still young and needs experience before you chuck him up there as a top 5 prem right back. He's being banded at that price due to his age, nationality and being decent. 

I've no reason to exclude this season for Trippier, as it could easily be representative off his current skills as a player - every player declines at a certain point, and Trippier can no longer defend or cross the ball well at all. Coleman, if you ask many Everton fans, they'd happily replace in their starting eleven, and Doherty is very good as a right wingback, but I think he'd be exposed like Alonso was if you moved him into a 4 at the back system. Azpilicueta I'd argue against, but I'll give you for the sake of argument. That still puts Wan-Bissaka as a Top 5 PL rightback; he is better than all the previous players mentioned, in my opinion.

This is because he is defensively extremely well equipped, is great at dribbling with the ball and getting past men, and shows hints of being able to contribute a lot more in the final third in a more attacking team.

That said, he is getting overhyped, you're right, but he is still a very good player, better at this time than Coleman, Doherty, and Trippier. In all fairness, there aren't many great right backs around right now, which is part of the reason why he's being hyped so much.