Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

A bit of potential and a couple of half decent loans and the lad wants 75k a week. **** me this is everything wrong with our game.

21E1CB44-0CA7-47F3-892D-88625A827812.jpeg

Whenever I speak to non-football fans who say footballers are paid too much, I try and justify those wages with the commercial/TV revenues that these teams make off the back of such players. And how spending £5m a year on player X is worth it if he keeps you in the PL where you're guaranteed £120m per year.

Then this kind of idiocy reigns and you really can't justify it. Either Henderson has the ego a size of a house, or he realises his own limitations and wants to squeeze every drop of money he can from his moderate career before he drops down to a lower level.

24 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Whenever I speak to non-football fans who say footballers are paid too much, I try and justify those wages with the commercial/TV revenues that these teams make off the back of such players. And how spending £5m a year on player X is worth it if he keeps you in the PL where you're guaranteed £120m per year.

Then this kind of idiocy reigns and you really can't justify it. Either Henderson has the ego a size of a house, or he realises his own limitations and wants to squeeze every drop of money he can from his moderate career before he drops down to a lower level.

I agree with your points in general but there is also another potential explanation and that is that this is a cpmplete non story drummed up by and awful, awful newspaper.  I try to just not really believe anything unless it's backed with facts these days.

X

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree with your points in general but there is also another potential explanation and that is that this is a cpmplete non story drummed up by and awful, awful newspaper.  I try to just not really believe anything unless it's backed with facts these days.

X

Nope, very valid. Could be a complete fabrication of course, definitely worth qualifying that!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Nope, very valid. Could be a complete fabrication of course, definitely worth qualifying that!

I sometimes think that, and then I think, who's sad enough to be making up stories about Dean Henderson.

They are absolutely useless as a club aren't they. They did well to even get a manager of his pedigree in but they've gradually worn him down and lost him.

Who now? It'll be a Garry Monk type you'd imagine.

Maybe even Puel lol 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Prefer that Schar bloke

Absolute bargain last summer at £3.5m, was the signing of the summer for the price along with Evans.

I would love us to go and get Ayoze Perez, even if it just stops him scoring every season against us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is the take over not happening now? 

The only update i've seen said it won't be completed until August 5th... aka 3 days before the transfer deadline.... lol 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The only update i've seen said it won't be completed until August 5th... aka 3 days before the transfer deadline.... lol 

:wes:

Edit: let me guess, after which the deal magically collapses, Ashley slips the Prince 500k to take the blame and keeps on milking Newcastle while acting like its not his fault because he's trying his best to sell? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

:wes:

Edit: let me guess, after which the deal magically collapses, Ashley slips the Prince 500k to take the blame and keeps on milking Newcastle while acting like its not his fault because he's trying his best to sell? 

Sounds a bit farfetched..... 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Here's an unpopular opinion for you all.

Rafa Benitez is actually over rated.

Is he? Done really well to keep that dross up the last couple of seasons. His football isn't entertaining but he was worth a fair few points for them last season