Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

38 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7153823/Manchester-United-turn-former-Leicester-mastermind-Steve-Walsh-director-football-role.html

Manchester United to turn to former Leicester mastermind Steve Walsh for director of football role… with ex-midfield star Darren Fletcher set to play key role in summer signings

Why don't they just go the whole hog and play in blue shirts next year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

Man Utd thinking they can do to us what Liverpool did to Southampton a few years back, not realising that the background to the two situations is completely different and we won't roll over as easily. They're obviously a big club but its well known they have a lot of issues behind the scenes and the financial playing field has been levelled somewhat, to the point they can't jsut steam-roller over every club which shows an inkling of promise and take their players.

The big 6 (apart from Liverpool/ManCity) are genuinely worried that they're going to be under some serious pressure next season and they don't know how to handle that. Hopefully us/Wolves/Everton can all live up to the potential and really shake things up

Man United have steadily declined every year since fergy left and top players have stagnated their careers. It's been fantastic to watch. It'll take a few of years of exceptional recruitment and vision to sort their mess out and put them challenging for the top again, they have so much deadwood.

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

So if Lampard goes to Chelsea, Derby may turn to Gerrard. Doubt that would happen though, can't see him leaving Rangers for a year or so though 

I reckon he'd go Derby if asked, lets face I think Derby is lot more attractive than staying on at Rangers and trying to win the Scottish Pub League. However I can imagine now Derby are looking at Monk... seeing as he's free now surprisingly. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I reckon he'd go Derby if asked, lets face I think Derby is lot more attractive than staying on at Rangers and trying to win the Scottish Pub League. However I can imagine now Derby are looking at Monk... seeing as he's free now surprisingly. 

But the coming year is a good shot at challenging Celtic. Lennon isn't as good a manager as Rodgers, he could probably get a bit closer to them. But I agree, Derby isn't a bad place to manage and would aid his career.  But would like to see him stay at Rangers for another year so we can see what he does.

I think Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh worked a treat as a trio. They all complimented each other fantastically.

It's never quite worked out on an individual level for each of them. People look at our title win and think they can pick the "mastermind" and their whole club will turn around. But it doesn't work like that in football

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Some eye wateringly high salaries in amongst these. Ozil on 350k a week for someone who turns up when he wants!?

Bellerin and Kolasinac on 110K and 100k a week is astonishing tbh 

Bellerin is ****ing class to be fair

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Is winning the SPL a massive achievement then? 

For Rangers, yes. He would be a hero if he managed it. And I'm sure he's looking higher than Derby for his next job in any case.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Some eye wateringly high salaries in amongst these. Ozil on 350k a week for someone who turns up when he wants!?

Bellerin and Kolasinac on 110K and 100k a week is astonishing tbh 

I defo should have given this football everything I had when I was younger would be happy with 1k week to sit on a bench and keep it warm 

On 17/06/2019 at 10:19, Stoopid said:

Absolutely - but on the other hand, it doesn't mean they're bound to fail either. 

Just seemed to me Lampard's attracting a lot of stick slightly unfairly. Unlike Henry, he's proved at Derby that he's got some ability at the job. And - apart from Jose's second spell - Chelsea usually get it right.

Not disputing his ability but let's keep it in context, his modest success as a manager has come with a Championship side.

I would just like to take this opportunity to welcome the newcomers to the EPL, Norwich, Sheffield Utd and Aston Villa and wondered who or how many of these 3 will be relegated. We haven't had many seasons where all 3 sides promoted have stayed up.

So Southampton are the likely destination of Che Adams and for less than £15m. We don't even seem to be mentioned in articles now. That's a mistake on our part. We need a young backup striker who will not be unhappy backing up Vardy. Adams looked like a good player the last couple of years.

And Pogba is to get a loyalty payment of 3.8m on July 1. How ridiculous is that? I bet they'd like to sell him on 30 June.

I see that Manure apparently offered Martial in exchange for Bissaka. I wonder if they offered him as part exchange to us for Maguire.

49 minutes ago, FIF said:

So Southampton are the likely destination of Che Adams and for less than £15m. We don't even seem to be mentioned in articles now. That's a mistake on our part. We need a young backup striker who will not be unhappy backing up Vardy. Adams looked like a good player the last couple of years.

And Pogba is to get a loyalty payment of 3.8m on July 1. How ridiculous is that? I bet they'd like to sell him on 30 June.

I see that Manure apparently offered Martial in exchange for Bissaka. I wonder if they offered him as part exchange to us for Maguire.

Maybe we contacted Adams, and that's exactly what he didn't want to do? Maybe we haven't contacted him, because we don't think he'll be good enough? Us fans don't know nearly enough about the situation to say whether or not its a mistake not signing him. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1