Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

14 minutes ago, whitlock said:

In fairness, Paddy Power have a habit of just paying out on random stuff like that.

Paddy.JPG.c190976432bdfbb502b166fb984e48c6.JPG

513574917_Paddy2.JPG.317a45985d1821ce53f406f56fc6be41.JPG

Quite clever, really. Pay out on the odd novelty bet and probably get 100 times more bets on those markets. 

• Like 2

One thing that has annoyed me this morning was reading the article on sky sports about Man City’s need for another English player. The thing that annoyed me wasn’t the obvious link to Harry, but the fact that it states a premier league club has to register 8 homegrown players over the age of 21. Man City chose to only have a squad of 21 so they didn’t have to pick anymore English players. I’m sorry but for me that should be a requirement. Maybe 8 is excessive, but there should not be an option just to have a shorter squad to avoid bringing in extra English players. For me that should be a requirement for the benefit of the growth, of our national team.

Looks like he's off then, only a disastrous set of talks stop Lampard moving to chelsea. Still too early in his career for me though 

And Chelsea to pay the £4mill compensation for him

Edited by UniFox21
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

One thing that has annoyed me this morning was reading the article on sky sports about Man City’s need for another English player. The thing that annoyed me wasn’t the obvious link to Harry, but the fact that it states a premier league club has to register 8 homegrown players over the age of 21. Man City chose to only have a squad of 21 so they didn’t have to pick anymore English players. I’m sorry but for me that should be a requirement. Maybe 8 is excessive, but there should not be an option just to have a shorter squad to avoid bringing in extra English players. For me that should be a requirement for the benefit of the growth, of our national team.

Whilst I understand your sentiment, there is no point forcing them to take on English players when they could just sit them and let them rot - like Danny Drinkwater. That will do the exact opposite of benefitting our NT.

They can re-hire him again when Chelsea/Abramovich sack him at some point in the season.

He's only really now just getting a good reputation from a season as a manager, and that doesn't really merit him going to a club that will probably triple his wages and give him much bigger expectations.

Good luck to him, but just hope he's analysed any decision well should he move there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks like he's off then, only a disastrous set of talks stop Lampard moving to chelsea. Still too early in his career for me though 

And Chelsea to pay the £4mill compensation for him

Someone on twitter pointed out that the ram on Derby’s badge has eyes which they’d never noticed and neither had I 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Personally don't think the timing could be better for Lamps

Transfer ban, coming off a manager who fans didn't like (even if he did well for them), the hero status, the success of his first season at Derby. 

He should get time as a legend, he'll have the chance to blood younger players with the ban. Expectations will be lower than in another scenario. There's no guarantee he'll repeat what he did with Derby last season. If he stayed and they were rubbish he might have wasted his chance to go. He may as well take the opportunity. 

No idea how he'll do, but with the situation I think it's the right gamble to take.

It's the right move for Lampard, but I don't think it'll work out. He'll probably never get the chance to go to a top 4/6 team ever again.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's the right move for Lampard, but I don't think it'll work out. He'll probably never get the chance to go to a top 4/6 team ever again.

Good, he can go to Derby and lose again in a play off final

United recruited Ole and now Chelsea look set to recruit Lampard. We’ll probably never get a better chance of breaking in to the top 6 than we do this coming season. We need to get our arses in gear over Youri and other transfers. The chance is there for us to really propel ourselves in to a top club. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

United recruited Ole and now Chelsea look set to recruit Lampard. We’ll probably never get a better chance of breaking in to the top 6 than we do this coming season. We need to get our arses in gear over Youri and other transfers. The chance is there for us to really propel ourselves in to a top club. 

Not to mention Arsenal are the absolute bins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Question is... Will we cock that chance up again like we did after the title win? 

24 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

What the hell has lampard done to warrant a managers job at chelsea,  Other then pure emotion because he was a legend as a player, massive risk for chelsea

Clubs do it on the continent. Look at Zidane. 

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't