Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Personally I think he is over-rated. He's done an okay job at Newcastle. 

Since coming back from the Championship, he spent £45 million including a whopping £12m on Murphy and throw in 3 high profile loan deals with decent dollar. Then spent a similar amount the season after. 

Their cup progress is gash but their league performance a bit better than average. 

But ultimately a club the size of Newcastle is still finishing lower than Palace and Watford. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally I think he is over-rated. He's done an okay job at Newcastle. 

Since coming back from the Championship, he spent £45 million including a whopping £12m on Murphy and throw in 3 high profile loan deals with decent dollar. Then spent a similar amount the season after. 

Their cup progress is gash but their league performance a bit better than average. 

But ultimately a club the size of Newcastle is still finishing lower than Palace and Watford. 

I personally thought their squad was good enough that his ridiculous defensive football was unjustified. 

They're not amazing but they're no worse than Bournemouth who finished on the same points without boring the league to death tbh. 

As impressive as his defensive organisation has been, its massively underwhelming how little he got out of them going forward. 

I'm personally delighted we got Brendan instead. 

• Like 4

There will. Newcastle fans can't see the bigger picture when it comes to the boycott.

They're actually a pretty spineless fanbase sadly. They're a big fanbase and a passionate one but the fact Ashley's still there is embarrassing really. Look at Blackpool and how they dealt with it.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

There’ll still be 50,000 muppets there first game of the season. 

Trouble is how many of them will be tourists and how many will be the die hard season ticket for 20 years types?

8 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

He's gone, Chelsea should go for him imo.

We should bid for Lascelles now if Maguire moves on.

Really? Chelsea should go for him? They hate him, do you not remember last time he was there?

298EA2E3-61B0-4F12-896B-D3FEC45DA740.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure how updated this is; just typed in next Newcastle manager odds out of interest.

Screenshot_20190624-220932.png

Anthony Hudson sounds like a supporter going for an interview ?. I’m sure I heard Holloway and Mourinho mentioned in the same sentence earlier on Sky by one fan ?. A contrasting pool of candidates to say the least. God help whoever gets it if Ashley is still there. No matter who it is it won’t be ‘Rafa’. Atmosphere is going to be poison up there this season, it was noticeable last year, could be off the scale this season 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure how updated this is; just typed in next Newcastle manager odds out of interest.

A market for mugs.

Saw this on Twitter. Burning money for the bantz. I despair

image.thumb.png.4dd80c76110b5b92a03e872abba52635.png

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ranieri interested in the Newcastle job. Love the guy but he'd take them down imo

As we saw at Fulham he's not good with teams that don't have a solid foundation or base of players. Think things would be too off up there for him to have a positive impact 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ranieri interested in the Newcastle job. Love the guy but he'd take them down imo

100% as you say love the guy but he should just retire, had a good record over the years could ruin his reputation if he carries on.

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There will. Newcastle fans can't see the bigger picture when it comes to the boycott.

They're actually a pretty spineless fanbase sadly. They're a big fanbase and a passionate one but the fact Ashley's still there is embarrassing really. Look at Blackpool and how they dealt with it.

True, remember when they tried to organise a mass walkout against Ashley during one of their games. While a few hundred walked out thousands applauded them for making a stance, but remained seated. lol 

• Like 1