Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Top 5? 

No way mate. He'd touch the top 5 if you drop the age to under 21 or just English but no way at all otherwise.

He's apparently worth £55mill due to being English, young and having the potential to be huge. Could be a great deal or United could be being done, time will tell.

I realise he was crap in the England U21s game but let's not go OTT on that game as so many have for Hamza too. Wan-Bissaka had a great season for Palace - who with a win on the final day would have finished on the same points as us - I thought he was one of the most impressive wbs in the league this season.  I'd say he had a better season than Maguire (who benefitted from looking good for England in the WC against crap opposition) but not as good as Chilwell.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I've no reason to exclude this season for Trippier, as it could easily be representative off his current skills as a player - every player declines at a certain point, and Trippier can no longer defend or cross the ball well at all. Coleman, if you ask many Everton fans, they'd happily replace in their starting eleven, and Doherty is very good as a right wingback, but I think he'd be exposed like Alonso was if you moved him into a 4 at the back system. Azpilicueta I'd argue against, but I'll give you for the sake of argument. That still puts Wan-Bissaka as a Top 5 PL rightback; he is better than all the previous players mentioned, in my opinion.

This is because he is defensively extremely well equipped, is great at dribbling with the ball and getting past men, and shows hints of being able to contribute a lot more in the final third in a more attacking team.

That said, he is getting overhyped, you're right, but he is still a very good player, better at this time than Coleman, Doherty, and Trippier. In all fairness, there aren't many great right backs around right now, which is part of the reason why he's being hyped so much.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I realise he was crap in the England U21s game but let's not go OTT on that game as so many have for Hamza too. Wan-Bissaka had a great season for Palace - who with a win on the final day would have finished on the same points as us - I thought he was one of the most impressive wbs in the league this season.  I'd say he had a better season than Maguire (who benefitted from looking good for England in the WC against crap opposition) but not as good as Chilwell.

He will probably turn out to be a very good rb and challenge Trent for that spot in the national team. I just don't think he's as good as he's raved to be currently. But I'm happy to be proven wrong (as long as he leaves palace).  For me there are still a handful of experienced prem players id take over him, but wouldn't object to him playing.

To cut the crap, yeah he's a great talent that has been overhyped with the transfer shit. He's very good but I don't think as good as hes been made to seem. But time will show how wrong I am 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bfox said:

Ian Holloway Says Manchester United Should Transfer List Jesse Lingard After Snapchat Story JLingz, If it has room, United could do with putting him in the take-to-carboot box too

I think he's complete tit so I'm not defending him but I don't understand the uproar tbh

It's not like he's getting a rim job from some Thai prostitutes

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

What has Lingard actually done? I've heard so much about what a disgrace he is, has he done anything illegal?

His hair should be a crime but other than that I don't really understand the faux outrage

Edited by foxfanazer

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

His hair should be a crime but other than that I don't really understand the faux uproar

It is strange that the video in question has triggered so many - if you were ranking them that one wouldn't even make the top 10 for prattiness.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

What has Lingard actually done? I've heard so much about what a disgrace he is, has he done anything illegal?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

His hair should be a crime but other than that I don't really understand the faux outrage

I think it’s the repetitive swearing that has upset people - not necessary and he published it rather than someone else. If someone had recorded him and released it then fair play but to be so foul mouthed and then put it on your social media account shows a lack of something.....

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s the repetitive swearing that has upset people - not necessary and he published it rather than someone else. If someone had recorded him and released it then fair play but to be so foul mouthed and then put it on your social media account shows a lack of something.....

Meh, a little ill judged maybe but I've seen calls for him to be sold off the back of it lol

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Meh, a little ill judged maybe but I've seen calls for him to be sold off the back of it lol

I think that's just the Man U fans hoping. There wouldn't be talk of that if it were De Gea or...shit I can't think of another Man U player they'd be desperate to keep! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I think that's just the Man U fans hoping. There wouldn't be talk of that if it were De Gea or...shit I can't think of another Man U player they'd be desperate to keep! 

Even Holloway has come out and said he should be transfer listed. Maybe I just don't see it as a big deal after some of the scandals our club has had over the years lol

As I said, no rim jobs, no racism, no rape allegations and no fire extinguishers 

Edited by foxfanazer

Unsufferable ballbag but he had a really, really good season a couple of campaigns ago. Very clever movement. I rate him higher than Dele Alli.

Posts saying he's Burnley level are wide of the mark. Not a United starter though.

• Like 2

It's a little look behind the curtain a and folks don't like it. 

He's in a position of immense privilege and with that should come the expectancy of behaving yourself during your career. If it were a teacher, politician, or police officer they'd be looking at the very real threat of losing their job should the media have turned their lens on a foul mouthed post. 

Plus the fact he's clearly a slack jawed moron with a punchable face. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Shows a complete lack of class in my view (as well as intelligence and self-awareness of course).

Your point about him posting this himself is well made - displaying that lack of awareness on his part. 

Seemingly he's happy to admit to the world that the perception many have of him as an over-indulged brattish child is entirely accurate.

its not a big thing, but perhaps symptomatic of a lack of self-respect that characterises Manchester United at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Shows a complete lack of class in my view (as well as intelligence and self-awareness of course).

Your point about him posting this himself is well made - displaying that lack of awareness on his part. 

Seemingly he's happy to admit to the world that the perception many have of him as an over-indulged brattish child is entirely accurate.

its not a big thing, but perhaps symptomatic of a lack of self-respect that characterises Manchester United at the moment.

Yeah I agree with this. He hasn't hurt anybody, just made himself look more of a bellend than he usually does

58 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Pretty much echos my thoughts. No surprise given United's recent track record, but they should be building teams with better players than Lingard, ability and attitude wise.