Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The difference with us and Wolves/Everton is that they'll have the same manager as last year, and we've got one who I think is an upgrade on what we had for the majority of last year and the form under him shows that. They both deserved to come above us but it's not impossible that we have overtaken them both.

Equally though Everton looked a lot better once Silva got time to settle with his squad 

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Danny Rose looks to be on his way out of Spurs then. If they get rid its a mistake, he's been a solid performer for them, especially with their general lack of depth 

Honestly don’t know where he will go 

18 hours ago, Manini said:

Honestly don’t know where he will go 

Just seen an interview on sky sports He’s not really selling himself to anyone else I think if spurs just offered to pay out is contract he would just retire

"It is a bit draining having lost last weekend and having to share the camp with Liverpool players. You are reminded every day that you lost the final and that was a unique experience for me.

"I have never been through that myself. I was definitely tired from a long season with my club and having to come to England didn't help.

17 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Just seen an interview on sky sports He’s not really selling himself to anyone else I think if spurs just offered to pay out is contract he would just retire

"It is a bit draining having lost last weekend and having to share the camp with Liverpool players. You are reminded every day that you lost the final and that was a unique experience for me.

"I have never been through that myself. I was definitely tired from a long season with my club and having to come to England didn't help.

Sounds like he has a really good attitude. **** 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3

Looks like Lampard will be the next Chelsea manager...

We could genuinely have a better manager than two of the biggest clubs in the country, this season! lol

Until they're inevitably sacked, of course.

Edited by Danizen

On 10/06/2019 at 17:52, jammie82uk said:

being a football;er - it's not mining coal is it.   He need to think about how envied and idolized he is by his own fans.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danizen said:

Looks like Lampard will be the next Chelsea manager...

We could genuinely have a better manager than two of the biggest clubs in the country, this season! lol

Until they're inevitably sacked, of course.

This has to be the biggest chance to finish above Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United since we won the league. All three are in weakened positions and / or handicapped in some way.

If Chelsea are transfer banned then bringing in Lampard and accepting an “off” season like they had in 15/16 to develop younger players might be a good idea but as a club they are so impatient I just can’t see it. Hounding out Sarri is ridiculous given it takes time to transition a team’s style and they’ve lost one of the best players in the league in Hazard. That said any new manager will surely revert Kante to his usual position and someone once told me he was quite a good CDM for some East Midlands outfit so they could still be too good for us. 

We still have a chance but can’t take the teams around us for granted. West Ham have already strengthened and there are rumours that Everton are in for Neres. 

My my gut feeling as it stands is that Arsenal will drop out of the top 6 and possibly even Man United too. But who the two teams that will replace them are I couldn’t say right now. If we bag Tielemans and a good wide player it could definitely be us!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

You've got to say if we don't get above one of Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal this year it'll be a bit depressing because it looks like an excellent chance at the minute and if we don't we'll wonder if we ever can again.

On the flip side I don't think it's all about us here either. Everton are a threat and I think West Ham are probably a bit under-rated as well. They finished level with us last year and have just made a very decent addition in Fornals.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Footballers, like us, are all individuals and you just don't know what's going on in their heads. It does sound from this that he's had his fair share of problems to say the least. Racism is a nasty and sad issue and I thought we'd largely seen the back of that one in football until last season. Some players may just shrug it off whereas others it really gets to. They really shouldn't have to put up with that crap regardless of job or financial status. I for one wish Danny Rose all the best for his future.

Even with our own players, particularly the younger ones, I hope to God they never look at these pages at some of the comments. One minute they're a king the next they're crap and we need to sell them whilst we simutaniously question their loyalty and wonder sometimes they appear a little bit aloof? Chilwell is a good example of this if you read back, yet the professional world of Southgate, Klopp and Pep think very highly of him. Regardless of him always giving of and trying his best he came in for pelters far beyond what could be deemed reasonable criticism. Ghezzal also, appears to try his best yet gets booed coming onto the pitch by his own fans, unbelievable and must really set him up for a good performance! For all these problems in football we need to look at ourselves sometimes.

So you are seriously going down the route of the paying public never being able to express an opinion on the team they support. The racism aspects are obviously disgusting but are we going to get to the point where no criticism can be made of highly paid professional players because it hurts there feelings. I dont boo anybody in my clubs shirt and never will but believe people have the right to express an opinion even if i personally don't agree with it.

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

So you are seriously going down the route of the paying public never being able to express an opinion on the team they support. The racism aspects are obviously disgusting but are we going to get to the point where no criticism can be made of highly paid professional players because it hurts there feelings. I dont boo anybody in my clubs shirt and never will but believe people have the right to express an opinion even if i personally don't agree with it.

Of course criticism is absolutely fine, I'm not shy of doing it myself on here. There are extremes though. Racism as you say is a given, its just wrong. I also feel to boo one of your own players when they're actually coming onto the field of play is crass, I've been one of Nacho's biggest critics on here but I'd never boo him coming on (or off to be honest). We are also not privvy to a particular players orders by management prior to coming on. Opinions, which includes criticism, are a good part of what we come on here for but at times it's not even constructive or with any element of reasoning, just meaningless aggressive diatribe the only point of which is to try to big the writers machismo image up. Chilwell was a decent example I thought during his debut season. For the most part you could see the effort and mostly good things he was trying to do but he was prone to a few mistakes now and again and what an absolute slating he'd get from some quarters every week and how he wasn't up to the task. Some of those critics must sit watching the game with pen and paper waiting and smiling with glee when they can mark down an error. What should you reasonably expect of a young kid playing against some of the most experienced players in the Premiership let alone Europe. He was a kid learning his trade and reasonable people should expect some mistakes and take into account the guile of the opposition. We forget that sometimes when Marhez was dancing round opposition defenders, they weren't necessarily poor defender's, it was that Marhez, at that moment was just so good. In other parts of the game they probably got the better of him. Had Chillwell been the finished article then he'd have probaby been 25yrs+ and not at Leicester City. Players make mistakes, all of them can have bad games, that's football and we have an absolute right to criticise, particularly if it is felt there was a lack of effort. Some of the diatribe though is just neanderthal big me up rantings and defies the evidence of the eyes watching the pitch and the reality of the situation allegedly reported on.

• Like 1

I like Danny Rose as a footballer but his heads not in the right place. I think he needs to just do his job for the next few years take his huge salary then when he’s retired do what the hell he wants. Telling hard working people how crap his life is doesnt really wash when your on the money he’s on. Sorry only my opinion 

• Like 3