Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I could argue that Chris wood never scores yesterday with maguire in our defence ...... he has his strengths and weaknesses, just as cags does 

At this point Mr @st albans fox you’re talking too much sense for me. 

I simply wanted to highlight the fact that £80m Harry Maldini Maguire decided to watch his man and not the ball. 

Soyuncu would never. 

peace out

17 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

At this point Mr @st albans fox you’re talking too much sense for me. 

I simply wanted to highlight the fact that £80m Harry Maldini Maguire decided to watch his man and not the ball. 

Soyuncu would never. 

peace out

Haha ...... ball watching or man watching ...... both are high crimes and misdemeanours for a defender depending what happens to the man and the ball ......  

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I do like him as a pundit predominantly because he completely ignores all popular convention. He doesn't give a toss what he's supposed to say, he just says what he's thinking. 

There's definitely areas in life where I don't think that's entirely admirable but in a football pundit it's great. There's too much wishy washy being polite about everyone in punditry. 

Keane doesn't give a shit about pandering to the fans of big clubs he'll just slate the shit out of them. 

Exactly this. The worst pundits without a doubt are the ones trying not to be offensive.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Typically worse than Choudhury's tackle on Salah.

Did we hear Klopp say anything about it? Did we fvck. Considerably more dangerous than a lot of tackles with feet.

Everything people say about that fanbase is true. Genuinely think they're owed something.

• Like 1

Can the BBC get even more biased with their punditry?

Lawro with his Liverpool love-in, other former footballers praising their former clubs, now they give Darren Fletcher time and space to praise Solskjaer for his tactics against Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50119352

Let's not forget Manchester United are still two points away from the relegation zone.

Liverpool fans are insufferable on the internet. Been to Anfield a few times and they seem pretty decent there but I guess the internet magnifies the worst of a group. 

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

Liverpool fans are insufferable on the internet. Been to Anfield a few times and they seem pretty decent there but I guess the internet magnifies the worst of a group. 

The Liverpool fans on the internet have never been anywhere near Anfield. 

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The Liverpool fans on the internet have never been anywhere near Anfield. 

Absolutely spot on mate.  The match day turn up at the ground types are much more like us. 

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Typically worse than Choudhury's tackle on Salah.

Did we hear Klopp say anything about it? Did we fvck. Considerably more dangerous than a lot of tackles with feet.

Ha I thought that as soon as I saw it happen. 

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I could argue that Chris wood never scores yesterday with maguire in our defence ...... he has his strengths and weaknesses, just as cags does 

Exactly. The last time we played Burnley with Maguire in our defence we played the game with 10 men for 87 minutes after he got done for pace. I don't think Soyuncu would have been as uncomfortable in that situation either so it is about strengths and weaknesses as you say. 

After 9 games Maguire looks better in a team that sit so deep and Cags looks better in a side that look to keep the ball and go forward. The transfer really was a rare win/win for everyone involved.

Edited by mancunianfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Exactly. The last time we played Burnley with Maguire in our defence we played the game with 10 men for 87 minutes after he got done for pace. I don't think Soyuncu would have been as uncomfortable in that situation either so it is about strengths and weaknesses as you say. 

After 9 games Maguire looks better in a team that sit so deep and Cags looks better in a side that look to keep the ball and go forward. The transfer really was a rare win/win for everyone involved.

We certainly 'won' out of this deal. Manure?  The jury is out.

3 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

After 9 games Maguire looks better in a team that sit so deep 

Can't argue with that - it certainly gives an illusion of creativity and comfort on the ball when his marauding 30-yard runs take him to just outside the Man Utd. penalty area. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Can't argue with that - it certainly gives an illusion of creativity and comfort on the ball when his marauding 30-yard runs take him to just outside the Man Utd. penalty area. :ph34r:

Why did he start his run from the stands behind the goal? 

56 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Harry is a decent centre back, Vidic he ain't , nor ever will be.

Agree.

During the PL era we have been so used to seeing Man Utd with a World Class centre back (Vidic, Ferdinand, Staam etc) and they don't have that now.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Harry is a decent centre back, Vidic he ain't , nor ever will be.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree.

During the PL era we have been so used to seeing Man Utd with a World Class centre back (Vidic, Ferdinand, Staam etc) and they don't have that now.

Didn't Evans play for Manure when Vidic was there ...    and didn't Evans say that Maguire was the most complete centre back he has ever played alongside ...  

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Didn't Evans play for Manure when Vidic was there ...    and didn't Evans say that Maguire was the most complete centre back he has ever played alongside ...  

A bit of Irish blarney perhaps? Harry of course is a nice bloke you wouldn't badmouth him would you.