Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

I do not understand why referees are not using the video monitors on the side of the pitch.  If they are not going to use the system fully, then what is the point?

They’ve been told not to as it will slow the game down! Unreal I know 

Watching the penalty again, it's the fact he brings his foot forward into an almost complete step forward before going down that says to me its not a penalty. Had he planted his left foot and the went over you could understand it, but he's made the complete movement of the next stride with his right foot. He's basically seen the ball rolling out of play and decided to try for a pen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The FA should be held to account by FIFA for not implementing the system correctly.

Yeah maybe Var could’ve been good but it has just not been used well at all. It needs to be binned for a while ASAP until it is implemented properly.

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I do not understand why referees are not using the video monitors on the side of the pitch.  If they are not going to use the system fully, then what is the point?

I don't understand the pitch side TV screens.

The VAR ref is just as qualified as the on pitch ref. Waste of time for me.

I don't think the refusal to watch the screens is anything to do with time but more to do with the on pitch referee not dealing with the pressure of having to reverse a decision. They think the ref will get less abuse because the decision was made elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand the pitch side TV screens.

The VAR ref is just as qualified as the on pitch ref. Waste of time for me.

Pitch side screen so the on field official can review an incident from other angles to see if they've missed anything. 

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pitch side screen so the on field official can review an incident from other angles to see if they've missed anything. 

I understand the concept. I just don't understand the point.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I understand the concept. I just don't understand the point.

If the VAR official thinks the on field official missed something, on field can check and see if he agrees rather than then VAR official re-officiating the game which was what they were trying to avoid.

I Think VAR is Fantastic it proves &confirms,what fans all around have known since Football began....Our Fathers & their fathers..etc

We should all respect referees because anything with ref in it.... Really Don't know what they are doing..they are Really blind,,

VAR does Not lie,we can all see it..!!..

Now whether they are Wa**ers, has not yet been confirmed,But thats why they dont go to the side-lines,and look at the screen..

They are worried that soon as they,turn on the video-highlight,he will Select the wrong Program and do what comes Naturally for him,as soon

as he stands before a screen with convorting-athletiic bodies......:banana:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Was the only way we were going to score!

Sums it up when our goalie comes closest to scoring other wise ..

2-1 flattened us tbh .

Big game live on Sky next  week at Norwich .

Who'd you fancy as your next Manager? 

Ifs buts and maybes i know BUT if not for two late winners, Man City and ‘pool draw next week, we win next two games, Chelsea win next week and the title becomes a four way race with only 4 points between top and fourth place with a 9 point gap to fifth. Just saying. I know everyone saying top two are streets ahead but still early days and a couple of results either can change things dramatically.