Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

28 minutes ago, SO1 said:

As much as I hate Liverpool and M City they do what the best teams do. They find BELIEF/CONFIDENCE and that is what brings them what they need to win.

If we find that belief we'll be snapping at their heels for the rest of the season. This is a marathon.

Why do you hate them? Genuine question.

I mean it does look like it's really clicking for them at the moment, but the way they carry on about Lampard you'd think it was a team of 17 year olds all from West London. There are only 3 Chelsea Academy players in the team at the moment.

That said they're looking really good at the moment, fair play to him. Much different team now to the one we played.

39 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

Think the PL is heading to liverpool. They have collected 10 pts from last 4 games and 3 or 4 would have been a fairer reflection 

Liverpool struggled to get past villa today... lately they have garnered points playing poorly... well done to them.  But I think they will start to drop points now.  3 on boxing day for sure 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Liverpool struggled to get past villa today... lately they have garnered points playing poorly... well done to them.  But I think they will start to drop points now.  3 on boxing day for sure 

Their last few wins have been due to set pieces tbh, two penalties won them two games 

We're putting away so-called lesser opposition more efficiently than the top two right now. Looking at the fixture list we only play three top 6 sides between now and February - next week and Liv/MC back-to-back over Christmas. We've got a fantastic chance to keep pace if we can continue delivering against poorer teams. Not to mention the top two have CL and even more games than us.

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

Anyone else find Chelsea a little dull to watch? Or is it just Watford being Watford ? 

Yes very much ( dull) Also they don’t have a single player ( N’golo excepted) that I would put ahead of our current first team 

33 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Why do you hate them? Genuine question.

After the last match we played against them. Shithousery.

And the general thanklessness of the fanbase for what Rodgers did for them when he put them on the road to where they are now.

I still read their forum occasionally when I can stomach it. Been 3 years since Rodgers has been in the Premier League and now they're direct competition.

Besides that I think FSG(owners) are scum. Still working off 3 years of resentment and euphoria for what I got to witness there. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by SO1

8 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yes very much ( dull) Also they don’t have a single player ( N’golo excepted) that I would put ahead of our current first team 

Joriginho for me. Great player.

28 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I mean it does look like it's really clicking for them at the moment, but the way they carry on about Lampard you'd think it was a team of 17 year olds all from West London. There are only 3 Chelsea Academy players in the team at the moment.

That said they're looking really good at the moment, fair play to him. Much different team now to the one we played.

I don't think Chelsea have the squad depth for all those European games as well as the PL. They are playing well, but if we keep winning, they cannot catch us..

Been having a quick look through the Man Utd fan view videos on youtube, was expecting more ranty videos tbh, maybe they've accepted where they are...

Some strong Mancunian accents amongst them I must say.

Oh well, there's always ArsenalFanTV to be looking out for later!

Guest An Sionnach

Abraham and Mount have showed that stepping up from the championship is no problem for them .And how much did they cost ? Nowt! Chelsea are learning that big money signings inevitably disappoint.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Abraham and Mount have showed that stepping up from the championship is no problem for them .And how much did they cost ? Nowt! Chelsea are learning that big money signings inevitably disappoint.

Are they? Really?

It may be a learning curve but would they have 'learnt' or even used these players if it wasn't for the transfer ban, I don't think they would.

I guess we'll see one way or another if they've really learnt when they can buy players and/or if they continue down the route of youth, with Lampard I think it might to an extent continue but if the powers that be above him want some glamourous names then I think there could be potential problems.

Lampard's problems may really start if that is the case, by a) Going down a route he doesn't want to and b) Having to manage egos.

Edited by Matt